Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Jones continues to not get it
So I just saw and heard the bit on Fox19 news and read some of his comments. He has the nerve to talk about how his anger management classes helped him "expletive filled rant". He goes on to talk about how he'll have a new rolls Royce in a few weeks.

It seems a few weeks ago someone outlined how much money he owed to the security guard at the strip club where his incident went down and how little he has paid so far.

I can't wait for that pos to get the boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope he gets his damn car and rides off into the sunset. Cya. look I honestly don't get why we still have him. His play was down last year, he stands a good chance of being suspended for the year, who knows. Is there something in his contract that would make sense of this.
Reply/Quote
Who am I to argue with the logic? He gets paid millions to work just 16 days a year.  We should all have such rotten attitudes. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 11:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hope he gets his damn car and rides off into the sunset. Cya. look I honestly don't get why we still have him. His play was down last year, he stands a good chance of being suspended for the year, who knows. Is there something in his contract that would make sense of this.

Because pacman was smart enough to establish a great friendship with Mike Brown. Like Marv and Paul Alexander, pacman will be here as long as he wants.
Reply/Quote
If you watched the video, he was talking to his phone about the accident, most likely to post it on Instagram. I bet they taught him that in anger management classes.

I didn't see where he said he will have a new Rolls Royce in a few weeks. It seemed like he was genuinely mad that he got hit. He said, "Now I gotta buy a whole new car." he never talked about "having a new Rolls royce in a few weeks." Simple change in what you say can have a large impact on perception. It would be a lot different if he was bragging about going out to buy another car, but he wasnt. It isn't a story. He was just pissed and vented over video like he usually does.

The media tries to put a spin on everything. Context is key.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 11:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: Who am I to argue with the logic? He gets paid millions to work just 16 days a year.  We should all have such rotten attitudes. 

If you think any NFL football player just works 16 days a year........ Hilarious
Reply/Quote
With all due respect, this thread is baiting. First of all, if you listen to the 911 call I think he was trying to be calm but the 911 operator yelled at him putting him on the defense. Then, when he tells her the make of the car, she questions him as if he is lying to her. So, I'm not going to hold that against him and neither should the NFL.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13313897/adam-jones-calls-911-after-crash

In addition to the above, the Instigram video wasn't damaging IMO either. The dude just got hit by someone else, still went to the stadium and worked out, and is getting a new car. I would be happy about that as well.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13313635/adam-jones-posts-to-instagram-after-car-wreck

I understand the attention Adam get's in the eyes of the media but even FOX19 didn't try to spin it quite like this thread does. Bottom line, Adam seems to struggle keeping the light off himself. Granted, he's a pretty bad dude and doesn't need our help bringing focus and trying to blow up something which has no substance. I am glad he had the work ethic to stay focused and continue on with the important things like his workout and making sure he ready at the beginning of the season. If the language is offensive, I've heard worse at Walmart, Kroger, Dollar store, Work, etc. No substance there either.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 09:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: With all due respect, this thread is baiting. First of all, if you listen to the 911 call I think he was trying to be calm but the 911 operator yelled at him putting him on the defense. Then, when he tells her the make of the car, she questions him as if he is lying to her. So, I'm not going to hold that against him and neither should the NFL.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13313897/adam-jones-calls-911-after-crash

In addition to the above, the Instigram video wasn't damaging IMO either. The dude just got hit by someone else, still went to the stadium and worked out, and is getting a new car. I would be happy about that as well.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13313635/adam-jones-posts-to-instagram-after-car-wreck

I understand the attention Adam get's in the eyes of the media but even FOX19 didn't try to spin it quite like this thread does. Bottom line, Adam seems to struggle keeping the light off himself. Granted, he's a pretty bad dude and doesn't need our help bringing focus and trying to blow up something which has no substance. I am glad he had the work ethic to stay focused and continue on with the important things like his workout and making sure he ready at the beginning of the season. If the language is offensive, I've heard worse at Walmart, Kroger, Dollar store, Work, etc. No substance there either.

With all do respect, it's not. He dropped several 'I'd beat a n#%^a's azz and dumb mofo on a high school kid. I get the frustration. I was recently rear ended by an unlicensed, uninsured illegal alien. I was plenty pissed. I didn't address him like that.

He owes more to his Las Vegas victim than his new rolls will cost, yet he has the nerve to claim he can't afford it. Dumb, ignorant thug who should go. I hope the league does what the bengals won't and suspend his punk azz

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:20 AM)Froob Wrote: If you watched the video, he was talking to his phone about the accident, most likely to post it on Instagram. I bet they taught him that in anger management classes.

I didn't see where he said he will have a new Rolls Royce in a few weeks. It seemed like he was genuinely mad that he got hit. He said, "Now I gotta buy a whole new car." he never talked about "having a new Rolls royce in a few weeks." Simple change in what you say can have a large impact on perception. It would be a lot different if he was bragging about going out to buy another car, but he wasnt. It isn't a story. He was just pissed and vented over video like he usually does.

If it wasn't for his anger management classes he would "smack the sh*t out of a n**ga," Jones says.
Jones can also be heard saying, "They talk about anger management at work ... normally I'd smack the shit outta a n**ga who do the sh*t like that. Stupid motherf**ker."
Union Township Police Chief Scott Gaviglia blamed the collision on the rain and called it a "very minor accident." Jones and the other driver will not be cited.

Copied from the article. He should learn to shut his pie hole and not post stuff like that, given his history.

Reply/Quote
[in my best Pacman voice] "What a stupid motherfcuker-normally I'd slap the sh!t out of fools who post vertical videos! If he hasn't learned the difference between landscape and portrait at age 33, i don't think he has a chance..."
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:20 AM)Froob Wrote: If you watched the video, he was talking to his phone about the accident, most likely to post it on Instagram. I bet they taught him that in anger management classes.

Rep.

Here is my position on Pacman. 

1.  He was an elite, top 5 CB in 2015.  People say he "slipped" in 2016, but he was still one of the better CBs in the entire league.  He is under contract at a reasonable price for his skills.  The team has a better chance of winning with him playing.  You can hate the guys personal life all you want ( I'll get to that in a minute), but the fact is that he is a very good player at arguably the most important position on defense.

2.  It doesn't matter how good he is if he is not on the field.  If he gets suspended then the Bengals should release him.  But we have seen this happen before.  Minor incidents get blown out of proportion because of Pac's history.  The District attorney has already admitted that some of the allegations by officers were exaggerated and did not rise to the level of criminal activity.  Cops tend to make up stuff when you curse at them like Adam did.  So for now the smart thing to do is just wait and see what the final outcome is.

3.  The Bengals have nothing to gain by cutting Adam right now except cash in Mike Brown's pocket.  Squealing and crying by fans and media have zero effect on who wins in the NFL.  I guess we could use the extra cash to extend a player who is already on the team, but there are no free agents available worth that much money.

4.  Adam is not facing any serious charges.  He didn't hurt anyone.  He had no weapon.  He had no drugs.  He just pitched a little hissy fit in public and made a fool of himself.  Despite the claims around here that "every other team would have cut him by now", that just is not true.  In fact if you look at most cases involving top players the teams tend to stand behind the player unless it is a serious felony or domestic violence.

5.  Adam's past record makes him an unusual case.  That is the real root of the argument.  I think I make a lot of good points about why Pac is still on the team, but if you believe he should be punished for his past actions there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.  Just don't try to claim "We can't win with players like that."
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Here is my position on Pacman. 

1.  He was an elite, top 5 CB in 2015.  People say he "slipped" in 2016, but he was still one of the better CBs in the entire league.  He is under contract at a reasonable price for his skills.  The team has a better chance of winning with him playing.  You can hate the guys personal life all you want ( I'll get to that in a minute), but the fact is that he is a very good player at arguably the most important position on defense.

2.  It doesn't matter how good he is if he is not on the field.  If he gets suspended then the Bengals should release him.  But we have seen this happen before.  Minor incidents get blown out of proportion because of Pac's history.  The District attorney has already admitted that some of the allegations by officers were exaggerated and did not rise to the level of criminal activity.  Cops tend to make up stuff when you curse at them like Adam did.  So for now the smart thing to do is just wait and see what the final outcome is.

3.  The Bengals have nothing to gain by cutting Adam right now except cash in Mike Brown's pocket.  Squealing and crying by fans and media have zero effect on who wins in the NFL.  I guess we could use the extra cash to extend a player who is already on the team, but there are no free agents available worth that much money.

4.  Adam is not facing any serious charges.  He didn't hurt anyone.  He had no weapon.  He had no drugs.  He just pitched a little hissy fit in public and made a fool of himself.  Despite the claims around here that "every other team would have cut him by now", that just is not true.  In fact if you look at most cases involving top players the teams tend to stand behind the player unless it is a serious felony or domestic violence.

5.  Adam's past record makes him an unusual case.  That is the real root of the argument.  I think I make a lot of good points about why Pac is still on the team, but if you believe he should be punished for his past actions there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.  Just don't try to claim "We can't win with players like that."

1. Don't care
2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Don't care
5. Don't care

This isn't about his skill, his salary, the bengals record with or without him, ebenezer's pockets or anything else. He's a knucklehead, pure and simple. Doesn't get, never gonna get it. Can't wait for the day he's off the roster

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 09:50 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If it wasn't for his anger management classes he would "smack the sh*t out of a n**ga," Jones says.
Jones can also be heard saying, "They talk about anger management at work ... normally I'd smack the shit outta a n**ga who do the sh*t like that. Stupid motherf**ker."
Union Township Police Chief Scott Gaviglia blamed the collision on the rain and called it a "very minor accident." Jones and the other driver will not be cited.

Copied from the article.  He should learn to shut his pie hole and not post stuff like that, given his history.

Adam posts proof that his anger management program is helping him.

Instead of congratulating him on his progress the haters rip on him.

As Pacman says....

[Image: PacmanPacLand.jpg]

"HATERS GONNA HATE A N**GA!!"
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Adam posts proof that his anger management program is helping him.

Instead of congratulating him on his progress the haters rip on him.

<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yup. I'm ripping on him. So his anger management classes kept him from doing worse than his f bomb dropping, racial slur including rant on a high school kid. Ex-fricking-cuse me. I didn't realize the man crush you had on him.

You can spend the next 24 hours looking up stats and stating laws he didn't break. Not gonna matter. He's a pos, plain and simple

Reply/Quote
I think Fred is right on this one.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:36 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: This isn't about his skill, his salary, the bengals record with or without him, ebenezer's pockets or anything else.  He's a knucklehead, pure and simple.  Doesn't get, never gonna get it.  Can't wait for the day he's off the roster

Don't care. 

Good luck finding an NFL team without at least one "knucklehead" on the roster.
Reply/Quote
At this point, I don't care if the defense becomes worse, just cut him. At some point you have to learn to not be a hothead and not easily triggered into tantrums when anyone questions/taunts you. Plus, I'm ready to see Dennard and/or WJ3 sink or swim opposite DK. Let the first rounders play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't care. 

Good luck finding an NFL team without at least one "knucklehead" on the roster.

Good, then you need not reply to this topic anymore. And I don't really care what other knuckleheads are or are not on other NFL rosters.

I'll believe his anger management classes are actually working when he can handle himself like a reasonable adult. Simply posting they're working by not doing what he would have done doesn't really cut it

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:44 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yup.  I'm ripping on him.  So his anger management classes kept him from doing worse than his f bomb dropping, racial slur including rant on a high school kid.  Ex-fricking-cuse me.  I didn't realize the man crush you had on him.

You can spend the next 24 hours looking up stats and stating laws he didn't break.  Not gonna matter.  He's a pos, plain and simple

Yeah, no one else has ever gotten mad and cursed when someone crashes into their car.

Never happens except for Pacman.

Rolleyes

Waits for the guy who is getting all worked up over a message board post to claim he has never ever gotten mad and cursed anyone in his life.
Reply/Quote
Cut Him for crying out loud !

He's a waste of a roster spot
Reply/Quote