Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're all coming back into the fold....
(07-30-2021, 09:58 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Boomer was the best at play action fakes.  Dude would often fake out the camera crew.  A thing of beauty.

I'd bring Boomer on as a QB consultant and teach Burrow this one skill.  What a weapon it is.

I was thinking about Boomer's play-action fakes the other day.

IMHO, a QB needs 3 things to pull off fakes like that ... First is skill because it takes skill to do it. Second is confidence because you need to  be confident that your fake will produce what you want it to produce. Third, you need a great OL. Remember that Boomer would turn his back to the OL on every running play. Then, when he did a play-action fake, he did the same thing. But his OL kept him clean. Burrow's OL last year would've gotten him killed after 2-3 games.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:58 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Boomer was the best at play action fakes.  Dude would often fake out the camera crew.  A thing of beauty.

I'd bring Boomer on as a QB consultant and teach Burrow this one skill.  What a weapon it is.

yes & repped.  Watching video of him & it won't take long to see it.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 08:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: NOT NEGATIVE ENOUGH!!

Our two best QBs are simpimg for a dude with veneers!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boomer was/is also a lefty which threw off a lot of defenders expecting the ball to be in his right hand even though they knew it was in his left. That really played to his strengths.. I'm pretty sure he can't teach Joe how to be a lefty.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 03:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our two best QBs are simpimg for a dude with veneers!

This post is almost as weak as Joe Burrow's knees...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:58 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Boomer was the best at play action fakes. Dude would often fake out the camera crew. A thing of beauty.

I'd bring Boomer on as a QB consultant and teach Burrow this one skill. What a weapon it is.

Good to see Boomer still getting props for play action fakes. Among the best ever. I personally think he IS the best …Steve Deberg was pretty amazing at it too. Also Jake Plummer. I love watching them executed and work perfectly, but it doesn’t seem to happen as often these days. Alex Smith had a few w the Chiefs I remember from a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 05:00 PM)jason Wrote: This post is almost as weak as Joe Burrow's knees...

You've got it backwards....everyone is getting weak in the knees over Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You've got it backwards....everyone is getting weak in the knees over Joe Burrow.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95227a8e360d90b975d5c...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
I am curious, and this isn't a shot at Burrow just a general curiostiy. Has a rookie who went down hurt ever won comeback player of the year?

Always seems like that award goes to a veteran that has shown how good he is, then gets hurt and recovers to that level. Not sure if Burrow has enough time in the league for that.

It is nice to see Boomer joining in on the praise for Burrow though. Of course, Boomer was all in on Burrow before he was even drafted.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I am curious, and this isn't a shot at Burrow just a general curiostiy. Has a rookie who went down hurt ever won comeback player of the year?

Always seems like that award goes to a veteran that has shown how good he is, then gets hurt and recovers to that level. Not sure if Burrow has enough time in the league for that.

It is nice to see Boomer joining in on the praise for Burrow though. Of course, Boomer was all in on Burrow before he was even drafted.

Would prefer MVP anyways...
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would prefer MVP anyways...

Lombardi > MVP > Comeback player of the year

That works.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I am curious, and this isn't a shot at Burrow just a general curiostiy. Has a rookie who went down hurt ever won comeback player of the year?

Stafford won it in 2011. It was his 3rd season, so not coming off his rookie year, but certainly not a vet either.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 11:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Lombardi > MVP > Comeback player of the year

That works.

Yes sir Murdock, yes sir. Rock On
Reply/Quote