Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(02-23-2024, 04:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Oops I forgot all about Elden Ring haha I still have not played it. I've owned it since rhe release day too lol.

I have absolutely no clue of what to do in that game.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 10:05 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I have absolutely no clue of what to do in that game.

If you look at the map... the Sites of Grace (the main ones at least)  kinda point towards the next place to go.  (follow the lightening bolt)
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 10:05 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I have absolutely no clue of what to do in that game.

I have zero shame in admitting that I sometimes used a guide while playing Elden Ring. When the Souls trilogy came out I had two fewer kids and many fewer responsibilities. I could stick to my "Blind playthrough first, use guide during second playthrough" guns. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 04:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I have zero shame in admitting that I sometimes used a guide while playing Elden Ring. When the Souls trilogy came out I had two fewer kids and many fewer responsibilities. I could stick to my "Blind playthrough first, use guide during second playthrough" guns. 

if you want to try and complete all the Quest in 1 playthru i Highly recommend a guide...    for quest...  You shouldnt need one for builds (i just find Some thing* i want to use then level till i can)
Reply/Quote
Star wars Dark forces Remaster is out today
(battlefront remasters out 3/14)

Final Fantasy 7rebirth is out tomorrow
Reply/Quote
Xbox has a partner showcase today.... about 30 minutes @ 1pm for 3rd party games.

Here is a link to what was shown

https://www.polygon.com/24092248/xbox-partner-showcase-preview-2024-announcements-release-dates

Not much here for me personally.

Sinking city 2 (still havent played 1 but love Lovecraftian stuff)
Stalker Trilogy might be interesting.

And the First Berserker game could have potential
Reply/Quote
Are they only releasing remasters of old games ?

The lack of creativity of this century is concerning.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:24 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Are they only releasing remasters of old games ?

The lack of creativity of this century is concerning.

Lots a of new games coming...

But Remasters are a fast Buck for some of these companies...  I personally don't mind older titles getting remastered

Things like the Battlefront Games and Tomb Raider 1-3 are really old and not available on most current devices (as long as they are reasonably priced)      But some companies are remastering/remaking games less than 5 years old and that i'm not into. (and charging full price again... no remaster should every be full price)

And right now we will probably see a lot of these companies take the safer route (indie games are were you will see the most risk/reward type scenarios)

if there is any game you want me to keep an eye out for news on let me know
Reply/Quote
Fallout Series on Amazon launches 4.11.24
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 09:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lots a of new games coming...

But Remasters are a fast Buck for some of these companies...  I personally don't mind older titles getting remastered

Things like the Battlefront Games and Tomb Raider 1-3 are really old and not available on most current devices (as long as they are reasonably priced)      But some companies are remastering/remaking games less than 5 years old and that i'm not into. (and charging full price again... no remaster should every be full price)

And right now we will probably see a lot of these companies take the safer route  (indie games are were you will see the most risk/reward type scenarios)

if there is any game you want me to keep an eye out for news on let me know

ME Legendary was a full price remaster for all three games, all DLC, graphic and gameplay enhancements/tweaks, plus quality of life improvements.  Well I guess that's technically 3 games for full price, but it was well worth it.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:54 PM)Stewy Wrote: ME Legendary was a full price remaster for all three games, all DLC, graphic and gameplay enhancements/tweaks, plus quality of life improvements.  Well I guess that's technically 3 games for full price, but it was well worth it.

Right it breaks down to 20 a game basically.    With all DLC etc  well worth it.   Same for the Mafia Trilogy/Dead rising trilogy.   (but again thats 3 games not 1)

*and now Stalker Trilogy (20 a game or 40 for all 3)

Things like Dark Souls and Burnout paradise released at 40/30 i think  and those are reasonable prices for a remaster.
Reply/Quote
System Shock Remake finally hits Console (xbox/PS) May 21st
Reply/Quote
Warning Battlefront Remasters apparently have no Invert Y option...

will have to request a refund =(
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Warning Battlefront Remasters apparently have no Invert Y option...

will have to request a refund =(
I've been reading the launch has been a disaster which has resulted in overwhelmingly negative reviews. Lots of bugs and server issues. Sorta glad I didn't pre-order it.

PSN sale right now has some good titles for up to 50% off. That new Prince of Persia is on there. I think Dead Island 2. AC Valhalla complete for under $35. Worth checking out if you are a PlayStation owner!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:55 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I've been reading the launch has been a disaster which has resulted in overwhelmingly negative reviews. Lots of bugs and server issues. Sorta glad I didn't pre-order it.

PSN sale right now has some good titles for up to 50% off. That new Prince of Persia is on there. I think Dead Island 2. AC Valhalla complete for under $35. Worth checking out if you are a PlayStation owner!

Yep got my first ever Refund lol..

Still got the originals so i can play those.  Cant believe a game in 2024 did have invert options.  (basically they ported a modded pc version)

Oh well plenty of good games coming.  And Spring Sales should be hitting consoles/Steams soon if they haven't already
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yep got my first ever Refund lol..

Still got the originals so i can play those.  Cant believe a game in 2024 did have invert options.  (basically they ported a modded pc version)

Oh well plenty of good games coming.  And Spring Sales should be hitting consoles/Steams soon if they haven't already
Bought that new Prince of Persia. It's incredible if you enjoy Metroidvanias! It's on sale on a PSN sale for 40% off, WELL WORTH it even at full price!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:44 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Bought that new Prince of Persia. It's incredible if you enjoy Metroidvanias! It's on sale on a PSN sale for 40% off, WELL WORTH it even at full price!

Nice! I had downloaded the demo and loved it but have so many games I didn't want to pay full price. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:55 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I've been reading the launch has been a disaster which has resulted in overwhelmingly negative reviews. Lots of bugs and server issues. Sorta glad I didn't pre-order it.

EA right? Just after a quick buck.  *sigh*
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: EA right? Just after a quick buck.  *sigh*

Not EA  at all this was Embracers Aspyr studio

EA did the newer Battlefronts these are remasters of the old PS2/OG Xbox era ones
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not EA  at all this was Embracers Aspyr studio

EA did the newer Battlefronts these are remasters of the old PS2/OG Xbox era ones

Ah Aspyr has been dropping the ball lately.  Reference to the KOTOR remake....
Reply/Quote