Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... (/thread-39247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 11:35 AM)Whacked Wrote: OT - that Daniel ‘s kid from Washington is for real!

It doesn’t make me feel any better either that we lost to him - but Washington is much better than we all assumed.

Agreed, Washington is better than most everyone in the land thought they would be.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Sled21 - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 10:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Give the league time to adjust and get some tape on him. The same thing happened with Stroud. 

It's why I NEVER take playing a rookie QB as a auto win. 

Well that's true, but talking right now (and when we played them) the kid is balling out

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 12:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotcha....yeah, those two seem to amp it up more and more from week to week. 

Cappa has definitely had his struggles.....and then will string together a few good reps. I'd like to see the same thing. I know Volson had a rough game against KC, but otherwise, I haven't noticed him, which is good. 

Cappa was our best player against Carolina and one of the better ones against WASH, IIRC.

He's been fine, but not outstanding, like seemingly the rest of the line.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - jj22 - 10-09-2024

This thread only highlights how fake news has become so prevalent and believable in todays society. Scary. Unfortunate. A reality we truthers have to fight.

But an influential politician once said if you repeat a lie long enough people will believe it..... And here we are. "It's Burrow's fault we are 1-4!" Said no one.

Anyway I've combed through these stats to see where 4th quarter / end of game performances are when the need is to pick up a first down to close the game out, or score a FG to win with over a minute left are. Failures we've seen happen since the SB game. You know the clutch conversation those "couple posters" were discussing. The inability to close close games or score a FG to win it the last 3 seasons.... I guess clutch play / moments were adjusted out of these stats as well.

Either way the losses was never "Burrow's fault" as everyone in this thread fell so hard for. We have to do better combating fake news.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - jj22 - 10-09-2024

And Daniels is a star as I stated and took massive amounts of heat for stating after the Washington game. Glad folks caught up.

Better late than never. 

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 01:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: This thread only highlights how fake news has become so prevalent and believable in todays society. Scary. Unfortunate. A reality we truthers have to fight.

But an influential politician once said if you repeat a lie long enough people will believe it..... And here we are. "It's Burrow's fault we are 1-4!" Said no one.

Anyway I've combed through these stats to see where 4th quarter / end of game performances are when the need is to pick up a first down to close the game out, or score a FG to win with over a minute left are. Failures we've seen happen since the SB game. You know the clutch conversation those "couple posters" were discussing. The inability to close close games or score a FG to win it the last 3 seasons.... I guess clutch play / moments were adjusted out of these stats as well.

Either way the losses was never "Burrow's fault" as everyone in this thread fell so hard for. We have to do better combating fake news.

There's fake news all over the board right now, lol. Watch out what you point out as fake, or you could be "the cavalry".  LMAO

(10-09-2024, 01:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: And Daniels is a star as I stated and took massive amounts of heat for stating after the Washington game. Glad folks caught up.

Better late than never. 

I didn't give you any heat over it, but I had my doubts. He's been good so far, we'll see if it's sustainable.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - ochocincos - 10-09-2024

Anyone who is looking somewhere besides the defense needs to think again.

This feels like 2018 Teryl Austin defense level bad right now.
And IIRC, Austin was let go back when the team was 5-4 after that blowout loss to the Saints.

It's actually close.
2018 - 30th in Points Allowed (28.43 PPG on the season, 32 PPG while Austin was DC)
2024 - 31st in Points Allowed (29 PPG)

The biggest leash I would personally be willing to give is until the Bye week after Nov 17.
That would give this defense another 6 games to start trying to turn it around.
If it's still bad, someone has to go. Maybe it's Anarumo, maybe it's a position coach, I dunno.

This defense is the worst ever. Somehow worse than last season, and who would have thought that.

(10-09-2024, 01:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't give you any heat over it, but I had my doubts. He's been good so far, we'll see if it's sustainable.

I can't believe he's been this good. Not sure how sustainable it is either. But it's amazing how finding a QB can change a whole franchise. 4-1 and leading the division. 

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - WeezyBengal - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well that's true, but talking right now (and when we played them) the kid is balling out

No doubt. 

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Nicomo Cosca - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 01:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cappa was our best player against Carolina and one of the better ones against WASH, IIRC.

He's been fine, but not outstanding, like seemingly the rest of the line.

Outside of a couple penalties, Orlando has been pretty close to outstanding.

He’s probably been our 3rd best player after Burrow and Chase (debatable between him and Trey). Which is pretty refreshing considering the mess LT has been since Whit left.

(10-09-2024, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone who is looking somewhere besides the defense needs to think again.

This feels like 2018 Teryl Austin defense level bad right now.
And IIRC, Austin was let go back when the team was 5-4 after that blowout loss to the Saints.

It's actually close.
2018 - 30th in Points Allowed (28.43 PPG on the season, 32 PPG while Austin was DC)
2024 - 31st in Points Allowed (29 PPG)

The biggest leash I would personally be willing to give is until the Bye week after Nov 17.
That would give this defense another 6 games to start trying to turn it around.
If it's still bad, someone has to go. Maybe it's Anarumo, maybe it's a position coach, I dunno.

So, worse than Austin. Only problem is they don't have Marvin to step in and take over anymore.

(10-09-2024, 03:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Outside of a couple penalties, Orlando has been pretty close to outstanding.

He’s probably been our 3rd best player after Burrow and Chase (debatable between him and Trey). Which is pretty refreshing considering the mess LT has been since Whit left.

Didn't realize it had been an issue, but the announcers were saying he'd had a problem with false starts his whole career. Anyway, he's been playing good ball and been worth the money.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Sled21 - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 01:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: There's fake news all over the board right now, lol. Watch out what you point out as fake, or you could be "the cavalry".  LMAO

No one is worried about a cripple with a dog and a 3-armed man..... Ninja

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Nately120 - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 11:35 AM)Whacked Wrote: OT - that Daniel ‘s kid from Washington is for real!

It doesn’t make me feel any better either that we lost to him - but Washington is much better than we all assumed.

Washington sort of pulled the opposite of Cleveland in that they got rid of a detestable person and then got good.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-09-2024

(10-08-2024, 09:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: yeah, it's Burrow's fault we are 1-4....

Honestly doesn't surprise me at all lol

Jayden Daniels being #2 also doesn't surprise me, he is really impressive, not just for a rookie but any QB.

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - Frank Booth - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 03:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Outside of a couple penalties, Orlando has been pretty close to outstanding.

he made pro bowls due to playing on #1 seeds. And now he's actually playing elite, but since he's on a bad team, he wont make the pro bowl

Thumbs down the truth all you want but where is the proof anyone blamed Burrow for the 1-4 start? That's what should be shown to support this thread....  

Truth matters. Even if it is under attack.

A astute poet once said "One lie ruins a thousand truths", and that is the world we now live in. 

RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - ochocincos - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 03:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: So, worse than Austin. Only problem is they don't have Marvin to step in and take over anymore.

Not quite while Austin was the DC.
Austin as DC = 32 PPG allowed, 2024 Bengals are allowing 29 PPG.
Still, very bad, and it's something that could derail a season (which it seems to be doing so far).