Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chase not Practicing - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Chase not Practicing (/thread-38711.html)

RE: Chase not Practicing - TecmoBengals - 09-02-2024

The Bengals didn't trade Tee, yet some posters think they'll trade Chase?

[Image: 200w.gif]

RE: Chase not Practicing - Synric - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 08:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Bengals didn't trade Tee, yet some posters think they'll trade Chase?

Why trade him now? Trade him in 2028 when he wants his 3rd big extension and will be in his early 30s for rhe backend of it lol.

RE: Chase not Practicing - Destro - 09-02-2024

I find it funny when people say he is all about the money. Hell, so am I.

That said, please sign anything they give you Chase!!

RE: Chase not Practicing - NUGDUKWE - 09-02-2024

What time do they practice today? Curious if Chase practices today. I imagine we won't hear until around 3.

RE: Chase not Practicing - jj22 - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 01:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I imagine Chase will play this season, sit out voluntary practices and OTAs, and then get his big deal during next year's training camp.

I’d hate for another Chase contract offseason. 

This was just a preview. Next offseason will be all out war. Trade demands, hold out etc. 

If they wait I hope it isn’t through training camp next year. Hopefully they get it done before the start of the new league year. 

RE: Chase not Practicing - WeezyBengal - 09-02-2024

(09-01-2024, 01:37 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Your rumor mill sucks

They won't announce an extension until the league year officially starts, same thing they did with Burrow. Something about how the contracts are structured where it helps the Bengals financially. 

They could have agreed in princible. If he practices you will know. 

RE: Chase not Practicing - BengalsLUFC - 09-02-2024

Rapoport saying no deal done yet.

If he doesn’t train today you can assume all those internet wannabes were talking shit.

RE: Chase not Practicing - BFritz21 - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They won't announce an extension until the league year officially starts, same thing they did with Burrow. Something about how the contracts are structured where it helps the Bengals financially. 

BleacherReport thinks that our stance has changed now and we want to make him the highest paid WR to get a deal done and keep him happy. 

A few other sites have also echoed this idea and say that we've intensified our efforts to get him signed:

Quote:The Cinncinnati Bengals and star Ja'Marr Chase are negotiating a contract extension that could potentially make him the highest-paid wide receiver in the league, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

"The two sides are in talks for a deal that would make him among the highest-paid receivers in the NFL or the highest-paid receiver, higher than Justin Jefferson," Rapoport said on Monday (1:00 mark).
He added that there is "nothing done yet," but "progress" has been made in discussions.
Chase has been holding in during practice at various points throughout Cincinnati's training camp as he attempts to secure a new deal.

The former LSU standout could surpass Jefferson, his old college teammate, as the highest-paid wideout in the league. The Vikings star signed a four-year [/url]extension worth $140 million in June, making him the No. 1 receiver in terms of average annual contract value (per [url=https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/player/_/year/2024/position/wr/sort/contract_average]Spotrac).

Chase still has two years left on his rookie deal after the Bengals exercised his fifth-year option in April and is set to carry a $9.8 million cap hit for the 2024 season.
The 24-year-old has thrived as Joe Burrow's top target in Cincinnati, hauling in 268 catches for 3,717 yards and 29 touchdowns throughout the first three years of his career.

Let's hope it's true because I have a good feeling about this season now!

RE: Chase not Practicing - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 08:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Bengals didn't trade Tee, yet some posters think they'll trade Chase?

I am not saying I'd pull the trigger. The draft is done. And so you are probably not getting players back at this juncture. 

But I wouldn't hang the phone up, either. If someone blows me away with an offer, and there is a path to getting a decent replacement (or big upgrade elsewhere), yes. 

Say the Giants want to give me a buch of firsts and Lawrence at DT? If I can turn some of those picks into Aiyuk or another good receiver? 

At worst it is a test run for when we actually try & trade Tee next year or the year after.

RE: Chase not Practicing - pally - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 11:48 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Rapoport saying no deal done yet.

If he doesn’t train today you can assume all those internet wannabes were talking shit.

Today is team picture day

Chase is in uniform and posing for the photos with his teammates

RE: Chase not Practicing - sandwedge - 09-02-2024

Anyone else starting to think this was the plan all along? Sign Chase right before the 1st game after all the others have signed. As for not practicing and not fining him, they didn't want to risk an injury to the highest paid Wr........ Just a thought.

RE: Chase not Practicing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They won't announce an extension until the league year officially starts, same thing they did with Burrow. Something about how the contracts are structured where it helps the Bengals financially. 

I think this is accurate. People seriously freaking out around here in this thread, funny stuff. Smirk

RE: Chase not Practicing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 01:26 PM)pally Wrote: Today is team picture day

Chase is in uniform and posing for the photos with his teammates

Right next to our Defensive Captain Vonn Bell....

But but but he was late to an event on Saturday and smiling in the team picture.

RE: Chase not Practicing - Nicomo Cosca - 09-02-2024

Well ****

RE: Chase not Practicing - PDub80 - 09-02-2024

Chase has signed a fully guaranteed 2 deal, guys. He's just refusing to play on it.

At some point in the near future he'll have to put the pen down & play one way or the other.

Stop sweating it.

Seems like a good sign, but who knows.

As I see it, the Lamb contract should simplify things for the Cincinnati Bengals and Ja’Marr Chase. Earlier in the summer, I sensed some frustration from Cincinnati—the team wanted to negotiate, and get something done with Chase, but his camp was moving slowly, if at all, on playing their part in it.

From Albert Breer, so the Bengals have wanted to get it done all along while it was Chase refusing to do a deal and refusing to train at the same time.

If that happened over here people would want him to be crucified American fans are much more patient that’s for damn sure.

RE: Chase not Practicing - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-02-2024

According to ESPN Ben Baby he did more in street clothes today than he did in the 2 uniform practices he participated in so there is that. sounds like as long as their are no last minute hiccups a deal has been reached.

(09-02-2024, 03:04 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: As I see it, the Lamb contract should simplify things for the Cincinnati Bengals and Ja’Marr Chase. Earlier in the summer, I sensed some frustration from Cincinnati—the team wanted to negotiate, and get something done with Chase, but his camp was moving slowly, if at all, on playing their part in it.

From Albert Breer, so the Bengals have wanted to get it done all along while it was Chase refusing to do a deal and refusing to train at the same time.

If that happened over here people would want him to be crucified American fans are much more patient that’s for damn sure.

Nah. There’s been a ton of overly emotional hot takes being thrown around right now. A couple in this particular thread.