Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
Weird situation.

Chase shows up to camp, but just stands there and doesn't practice.

It's gotta be contract related at this point. Some are saying he's basically "holding in". When asked if it was contract related, he said "no comment".

What's everyone's take on this? I'm not too concerned and IMHO I think a deal gets done sooner than later. I thought Chase would want to wait until next off season, but it's clear he wants a deal now. As a fan, this can almost be looked at as a good thing. The longer we wait to sign him, the more unfavorable it is for our cap.

Get the deal done, Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
For me, I see multimillionaires acting like spoiled babies. Chase is locked in for another two years with the Bengals but he is going to pout because he doesnt get an extension this year?

...and no, he shouldnt get a contract like Jefferson because he is not as good as Jefferson but Im sure his little ego doesnt feel the same way so he is going to pout and not practice. Did Jefferson act like this last summer when Jefferson was eligible for an extension? No, he played the season and signed an extension after the season was over. Again, providing Chase is not Jefferson.
Reply/Quote
I had the news on in the background this morning so I wasn't paying total attention but I recall something along the lines of he wasn't practicing because he and the team want to give some of the younger guys a head start and quality reps in the early days of practice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Handwringing over nothing. Zac has said there is a plan in place for each of the starters. Burrow is not going to throw more than two days in a row. Chase and Higgins will let some of the reps go to younger players. He mentioned Hendrickson, Hilton, Wilson and others by name. He's basically going to keep them fresh for late in the season.
Reply/Quote
It's contract related. A "hold in". Anything else is spin to avoid making it a big deal.

Zac did confirm it wasn't injury related.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well if it’s contract related, he already has one, but hopefully it’s like explained above.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Chase is WR1 and nothing is going to change that this season unless he gets hurt. I'm not viewing the "Chase not practicing" news as anything substantial to worry about as a fan of the team.
Reply/Quote
It's a hold in. Deebo Samuel did it a few years ago with the Niners, so Nick Bosa. Honestly, I respect it way more than a holdout. And Im sure the teams do too.

He's got a lot of leverage and is using it. The Bengals need him on the field. And he wants/ has earned a new deal. I say pay the man, personally.
Reply/Quote
He's just "Listening to his body".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Handwringing over nothing. Zac has said there is a plan in place for each of the starters. Burrow is not going to throw more than two days in a row. Chase and Higgins will let some of the reps go to younger players. He mentioned Hendrickson, Hilton, Wilson and others by name. He's basically going to keep them fresh for late in the season.

You insult the rest of these players when you compare what they are doing to what Chase is doing. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You insult the rest of these players when you compare what they are doing to what Chase is doing. 

At the very least he’s doing what you said you wanted him doing at OTA’s.

Reply/Quote
Does not reflect team leader
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 02:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: For me, I see multimillionaires acting like spoiled babies.  Chase is locked in for another two years with the Bengals but he is going to pout because he doesnt get an extension this year?

...and no, he shouldnt get a contract like Jefferson because he is not as good as Jefferson but Im sure his little ego doesnt feel the same way so he is going to pout and not practice.  Did Jefferson act like this last summer when Jefferson was eligible for an extension?  No, he played the season and signed an extension after the season was over.  Again, providing Chase is not Jefferson.

We have no knowledge as to why he is not practicing and perhaps it would be best to wait before trashing the guy
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 07:03 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: We have no knowledge as to why he is not practicing and perhaps it would be best to wait before trashing the guy

Sorry I don't blame posters, the team and Chase should be upfront about why not practicing , Burrow did not practice today but we were told why.. it is not that complicated after 3 days of practice no word..
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about it. He's probably worried that we're going to tag him next year like they did with Tee this year. He wants to put pressure on the front office and make it known that he's not very happy with not getting extended right away.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 08:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm not worried about it. He's probably worried that we're going to tag him next year like they did with Tee this year. He wants to put pressure on the front office and make it known that he's not very happy with not getting extended right away.

He’s got two more years. If he’s throwing any kind of hissy fit, it’s ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At the very least he’s doing what you said you wanted him doing at OTA’s.

Yep and I cannot say I'm "mad" at him for holding in. I'd like to think I wouldn't do it, but I  was never enticed by Millions of $ in my early 20s.

I've just never pretended it isn't what it is and won't insult anyone else's intelligence by asserting otherwise. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2024, 08:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm not worried about it. He's probably worried that we're going to tag him next year like they did with Tee this year. He wants to put pressure on the front office and make it known that he's not very happy with not getting extended right away.

Why would we tag him next year? 

Reply/Quote
There is no leverage to be gained in extension negotiations as he is under contract through this and next season; so, Chase’s “hold-in” is most likely about minimizing opportunities for injury. Him not practicing means more reps for the younger less experienced guys and gives the coaches more to evaluate in filling the WR3 spot. That said I hope to see him working to get timing down with Burrow before any more intense joint practices or preseason game appearances, if any.

Don’t leave anything to chance and be ready to get out to a fast start this season.
Reply/Quote