Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-90.html)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Reds July Game Thread 2024 (/thread-38579.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - TheLeonardLeap - 07-10-2024

Can we play the Rockies like 50 more times this year?

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - bengalfan74 - 07-10-2024

(07-10-2024, 09:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's fun to see Hinds off to a hot start. Let's hope he adjusts when pitching starts to figure him out. It would be wonderful if this dude quickly establishes himself as a capable starting OF with consistent power.

I'm hoping the same thing. A lot of people say we need a R handed power bat and OFer. Fingers crossed he's it. But I'm trying hard not to get to geeked up just yet,

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - TecmoBengals - 07-10-2024

(07-10-2024, 10:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping the same thing. A lot of people say we need a R handed power bat and OFer. Fingers crossed he's it. But I'm trying hard not to get to geeked up just yet,

Likewise. I've enjoyed his two game success but Hinds could quickly go all Will Benson on us with a stretch of at-bats hitting below .200 and striking out a ton. That said, fingers crossed Hinds turns into a great ball player for the Reds.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-10-2024

Not the start that Montas wanted before the All-Star break.

The Reds turn a 6 ERA pitcher into Greg Maddux . . . again.

Tom House should be sent down to the minors for a couple of weeks after trying to get Stephenson a triple with no outs and down by four runs.

Going to the bottom of the 9th down 6-2 with Stephenson, Slater(Fraley ph?) and Marte' due up.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-10-2024

(07-10-2024, 10:26 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Tom House should be sent down to the minors for a couple of weeks after trying to get Stephenson a triple with no outs and down by four runs.

Reds lose by one run . . . chalk up ANOTHER loss to coaching.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Nicomo Cosca - 07-11-2024

(07-10-2024, 10:26 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Tom House should be sent down to the minors for a couple of weeks after trying to get Stephenson a triple with no outs and down by four runs.

Better yet - just launch him into the sun. That was one of the most egregious mistakes you will ever see.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-11-2024

I have no idea where 'Tom' came from. I knew that it was JR House.

Tom House was a journeyman pitcher with the Braves, Red Sox and Mariners and then became a legendary pitching coach. He's the guy that developed a throwing program for many QBs, including Palmer and Dalton.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - bengalfan74 - 07-11-2024

(07-10-2024, 10:26 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Not the start that Montas wanted before the All-Star break.

The Reds turn a 6 ERA pitcher into Greg Maddux . . . again.

Tom House should be sent down to the minors for a couple of weeks after trying to get Stephenson a triple with no outs and down by four runs.

Going to the bottom of the 9th down 6-2 with Stephenson, Slater(Fraley ph?) and Marte' due up.

And Reds pitching turns a guy with 30 homers in 7-year career or somein into Babe Ruth. 2 dingers in one game.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - TheLeonardLeap - 07-11-2024

Greene struck out the side in order in the 1st inning despite throwing only 3 pitches in the strikezone. Lol

(07-11-2024, 02:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Greene struck out the side in order in the 1st inning despite throwing only 3 pitches in the strikezone. Lol

Good thing Montas went 7 innings last night. Hunter with 69 pitches after 4 innings. They're fouling off a lot of pitches.

Struck out the first six
Walked the 7th
Struck out the 8th
The 9th hitter hit the first fair ball in a fly out to the outfield.

I've seen enough from Martini. Espinall just tied him with 5 homers. They should have his spot filled before he comes back.

Another quality start from Greene.
6 IP 2 H 2 BB 1 ER 10 K 101 pitches

Both of Montas' walks yesterday scored on hits by the next batter. Hunter shut that shit down.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Earendil - 07-11-2024

I don't understand this team. They sweep the Yankees in NY and then get swept at home by the Tigers. I guess that's what happens when more than half your lineup is batting under .250.

I like Hinds swing a lot more than Elly's swing. I hope Elly is taking notes.

Hinds' swing is quick and he keeps his upper body straight even though he's tall.

Elly is also tall, but he leans over too much. There's too much going on with his hips as his upper body is often tilted when he swings as he's trying to get under the ball. Hinds just throws his hands at the ball and just let's the bat follow while Elly has this long, looping swing that is inconsistent and hardly ever level.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - bengalfan74 - 07-11-2024

I was getting a bit worried about Greene back early this season. But he seems to be getting it together. Great game for him.

Hinds just keeps on keeping on. Sure hoping this isn't just a flash in the pan. Stephenson smacking the ball today.

Reds July Game Thread 2024 - The D.O.Z. - 07-11-2024

Happy they scored some runs for Hunter. The guy should have MINIMUM 10 wins by now if we could score with any kind of regularity. Glad to see him making me eat some crow, proving he's more than a BP arm!

I'd like to hope THIS is the Tyler S. moving forward. He looked great his rookie year, before all the freak injuries, and this is the best I've seen him play in a couple years now.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - cinci4life - 07-11-2024

And i thought the Rockies were licking their chops to play us right Timmy?

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Timanky12 - 07-11-2024

(07-11-2024, 07:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And i thought the Rockies were licking their chops to play us right Timmy?

Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Reds are 3-4 against 2 of the worst teams in baseball, I wouldn’t pat myself on the back.  They should have gone 8-2 or 7-3 to finish the 1st half. Now, all they can do is 6-4, not the 1st half ending they were looking for.  And that’s if we sweep the Marlins.
Still 4 games behind a tie for 3rd wild card with 5 teams in front of them.  That’s still a lot of ground to catch up with only 68 games left.
This was their chance to make up some ground.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-12-2024

(07-11-2024, 08:00 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Reds are 3-4 against 2 of the worst teams in baseball, I wouldn’t pat myself on the back. 
You should watch more baseball. There is so much wrong with your post The Tigers have the same record as the Reds. They're in a 4 way tie for 18th or 21st in MLB. And for the season, the Reds went 6-1 against the Rockies.

Quote:They should have gone 8-2 or 7-3 to finish the 1st half. Now, all they can do is 6-4, not the 1st half ending they were looking for.  And that’s if we sweep the Marlins.
How can they be expected to go 8-2 against teams that are supposed to be licking their chops to play the Reds? Try to be consistent. You look like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Quote:Still 4 games behind a tie for 3rd wild card with 5 teams in front of them. 
It's actually three games and only four teams ahead of them unless you're considering teams listed alphabetically that are tied with the Reds.

Quote:That’s still a lot of ground to catch up with only 68 games left. This was their chance to make up some ground.
Every week is their chance to make up ground. Four days ago, the Reds were five games behind the Padres while the Mets were three games back. Now the Reds are three games behind the Mets and the Padres because the Padres are in a four game losing streak and the Mets just won their third in a row.

On September 10th, 2021, the Reds beat the Cardinals to go 75-67. The loss knocked the Cardinals down to 71-69, three games behind the Reds. The Reds went 8-12 for the rest of the season while the Cardinals won their next 17 games and finished the season 19-3, a full seven games ahead of the Reds.

There is still a lot of time and the Reds have a damn good pitching staff.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - TheLeonardLeap - 07-12-2024

(07-12-2024, 07:05 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: There is so much wrong with your post The Tigers have the same record as the Reds. They're in a 4 way tie for 18th or 21st in MLB.

Before they swept us, they were tied for the 6th worst record in baseball at 39-48.

RE: Reds July Game Thread 2024 - SladeX - 07-12-2024

I see where the Bats’ manager just notched win 2000. Could he be worse than Bell?