Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe B. becoming national NFL icon??
(04-11-2022, 04:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So that Joe Burrow Guy......

Hes got the Eye of the Tiger.

How dare you try to get this thread back on topic?

Now, say something about Lebron as penance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 11:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Derailed.  I'm not a fan of strict moderation and having tons of rules but sometimes I wish this forum had a rule about derailing threads.  Some other forums I follow have rules against derailing and it does seem to keep threads on topic. That said, I've gone off topic a few times myself. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and do that. :)

I hear ya, but we tend to be a little looser during the offseason, as we lose a lot of guys. I also feel the thread had mostly run it's course by the time of derailing. That and I just got excited about an NBA mention. LOL

Sorry for the temporary derailing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: How dare you try to get this thread back on topic?

Now, say something about Lebron as penance.

Lol Lebron Wishes he was a cool as burrow
Reply/Quote
Just received a notice that FOCO is producing a new limited edition Joe Burrow bobblehead of him throwing out the first pitch at the Reds game. He continues to secure his iconic status. Next stop, a Joe Burrow edition automobile.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:44 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: Just received a notice that FOCO is producing a new limited edition Joe Burrow bobblehead of him throwing out the first pitch at the Reds game. He continues to secure his iconic status. Next stop, a Joe Burrow edition automobile.

The NFL pimps it stars. Joe B. is one of them and they know it, just wait and see our NFL prime time games in 2022. I have a hunch we have 4 or 5 of them, because we went to the Super bowl, but because of Burrow, Chase and Mixon.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The NFL pimps it star. Joe B. is one of them and they know it, just wait and see our NFL prime time games in 2022. I have a hunch we have 4 or 5 of them, because we went to the Super bowl, but because of Burrow, Chase and Mixon.

I hope so, we seem to thrive in the bright lights now for once with Burrow and company.

Things have definitely changed in a great way.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lol Lebron Wishes he was a cool as burrow

You think either Joe or LeBron values "cool" over "rings"?
Reply/Quote
I still am at a loss of why mods are allowing posts about NBA players in a thread titled "Is Joe B. becoming national NFL icon?

I see threads moved in the off season for no reason, but this thread is permitted to go off the rails by posts 100% irrelevant to Burrow becoming a NFL icon in my humble opinion.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 06:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I still am at a loss of why mods are allowing posts about NBA players in a thread titled "Is Joe B. becoming national NFL icon?

I see threads moved in the off season for no reason, but this thread is permitted to go off the rails by posts 100% irrelevant to Burrow becoming a NFL icon in my humble opinion.

Yeah I mentioned derailing earlier.  Here is the reply I got from Shake n Blake.

(04-12-2022, 03:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hear ya, but we tend to be a little looser during the offseason, as we lose a lot of guys. I also feel the thread had mostly run it's course by the time of derailing. That and I just got excited about an NBA mention. LOL

Sorry for the temporary derailing.

No big deal.  This isn't the first thread that has gone off the rails and won't be the last.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It seems that the athletes in commercials are always made to look kind of stupid.

Plus some guys apparently just don't seek out commercial endorsements.  Russell Wilson was one of the most successful QBs in the league for a decade.  He was also good looking and clean cut with a squeaky clean image.  Yet I don't remember seeing him in any commercials.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It seems that the athletes in commercials are always made to look kind of stupid.

Plus some guys apparently just don't seek out commercial endorsements.  Russell Wilson was one of the most successful QBs in the league for a decade.  He was also good looking and clean cut with a squeaky clean image.  Yet I don't remember seeing him in any commercials.

Ever hear of the phrase “they’re big in Japan”, when somebody is talking about a band? That applies to Wilson, except it was on the west coast
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ever hear of the phrase “they’re big in Japan”, when somebody is talking about a band? That applies to Wilson, except it was on the west coast

LOL Blew that one.

RW has quite a few commercials out there.

Sometimes i wonder if it's best to not comment on everything...
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 06:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I still am at a loss of why mods are allowing posts about NBA players in a thread titled "Is Joe B. becoming national NFL icon?

Someone should point out the poster that first brought up an NBA star and ridicule them relentlessly. 

Ninja
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 07:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL Blew that one.

RW has quite a few commercials out there.

Sometimes i wonder if it's best to not comment on everything...

I didn't blow anything.

This thread is about a "national icon".  The fact that Wilson did local tv commercials doesn't make him a "national" icon.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 12:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I didn't blow anything.

This thread is about a "national icon".  The fact that Wilson did local tv commercials doesn't make him a "national" icon.

Just because you haven't seen any of his commercials, doesn't mean he doesn't have any nationally.

1 commercial was run during the Super Bowl, i've also seen his Subway commercial.
He's just MORE popular on the WC. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 12:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I didn't blow anything.

Fred, quit blowing any and everything
Reply/Quote
who dey
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Are we really going with Russel Wilson doesn't do National Commercials?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Are we really going with Russel Wilson doesn't do National Commercials?

What I am going with is that Wilson is not a "national icon".  That is what this thread is about.  Seems like a lot of people here are more interested twisting things to attack anything I say instead of discussing the topic of the thread.

Are you going with Russell Wilson IS a national icon?  His teammate Marshawn Lynch has done a lot more commercials than Russ ever did.

When I think "national icon" I think of the Mannings, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahommes, Baker Mayfield, JJ Watt, Tony Romo, and other guys like that with multiple nationwide commercials.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think either Joe or LeBron values "cool" over "rings"?

couldnt care less about Lebron.

i only mentioned him cause i was told too
Reply/Quote