Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erick All cleared to practice
(07-29-2024, 12:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You don't just gift a roster spit to a 4th either, Hudson performed well once he got playing time, All is no lock, he will have to show it on the field still, sure be drafted late 4th he will get extra chance but we will see. I actually see him carrying 4 TE, one less RB or WR

It's not a gift, you simply don't move on from a 4th round pick in one camp...so there is 0 chance he is cut (which you have to be to be moved to PS). Again, it could be McLaughlin or I could see Hudson being a trade candidate. I think they only carry 3 HBs and keep a few on the PS. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's not a gift, you simply don't move on from a 4th round pick in one camp...so there is 0 chance he is cut (which you have to be to be moved to PS). Again, it could be McLaughlin or I could see Hudson being a trade candidate. I think they only carry 3 HBs and keep a few on the PS. 

Well that would be a gift if you say every 4th rounder makes team regardless, competition is good but guaranteed spots for your 5th pick in drat with injury history is not...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 12:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You don't just gift a roster spit to a 4th either, Hudson performed well once he got playing time, All is no lock, he will have to show it on the field still, sure be drafted late 4th he will get extra chance but we will see. I actually see him carrying 4 TE, one less RB or WR

If that’s the case … RB it’s Chris Evans to the practice squad. But he’s been a KR. I don’t think it’s WR. They usually keep 6. Tee,Chase,Isovias, Jones, Irwin, Burton. Don’t see one less there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 01:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well that would be a gift if you say every 4th rounder makes team regardless, competition is good but guaranteed spots for your 5th pick in drat with injury history is not...

Good organizations don't cut 4th round picks in one camp. Call it what you want it's not happening here and doesn't happen places that are run well. Guys can need time to develop but to cut them would allow someone else to claim them, which would happen. If you believed in them enough to take them in the 4th one camp doesn't change that.

Rookie contracts have value and one of them is the cheap time to develop and play. All is on the roster, it's literally not debatable short of him getting injured again. McGlauhlin however who is a later round pick could potentially be cut and come back on PS. I still think it's most likely Hudson who finds himself on the trade block but we will see.
Reply/Quote
Think we need to keep 4

Gesicki, Tanner, Sample and either All or McClauren

With how Zac has heavily used the position since he’s been here I’m not even against keeping 5 if All and McClairen are good
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This is interesting.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If EA is really as good as his draft position, he should be the 4th TE on the team behind Gesicki, Hudson, and Sample.

The competition will be that final position player backup spot - TE5, RB4, WR6.
Personally, if McLachlan can show enough to make the team, I'm perfectly ok seeing Chris Evans not on the 53.
I think all of Iosivas, Burton, Irwin, and Jones make the roster.
Jones can do what Evans does in the return game while also giving more hope from an offensive contribution standpoint.
Not saying Jones has shown a ton, but Evans has been with the team for 3 seasons and offered up just 49 yards from scrimmage the past 2.
I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt to the unknown in Jones if it comes down to it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If EA is really as good as his draft position, he should be the 4th TE on the team behind Gesicki, Hudson, and Sample.

Personally, if McLachlan can show enough to make the team, I'm perfectly ok seeing Chris Evans not on the 53.
Jones can do what Evans does in the return game while also giving more hope from an offensive contribution standpoint.
Not saying Jones has shown a ton, but Evans has been with the team for 3 seasons and offered up just 49 yards from scrimmage the past 2.
I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt to the unknown in Jones if it comes down to it.

Completely agree
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 03:32 PM)Synric Wrote: This is interesting.

Sounds like he may not be on the 53 man roster to start the season
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If EA is really as good as his draft position, he should be the 4th TE on the team behind Gesicki, Hudson, and Sample.

I know we liked what Hudson did for us last year, but he has some age to him which is why I think he will be the odd man out if both 
EA and McLachlan are healthy to start the season. Maybe we can put one of these guys on the PS though, we will see. Listing Drew Sample
as a FB should also be in the cards.

Completely agree on cutting Evans and keeping Charlie Jones. No way we cut Jones.
Reply/Quote

Media seems to agree that the WR battle is done for the top 6...in no particular order

Chase
Higgins
Burton
Iosovics
Irwin
Jones

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Well now it makes a little more sense.

https://www.bengals.com/news/ted-karras-just-fine-with-sked-money-mac-keeps-cashing

"Although rookie tight end Erick All Jr. (ACL) has been cleared to practice, he won't be in team drills just yet and may be on a timetable that puts him on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) for the first six weeks of the season. Given the tight end depth, they don't have to rush him."

He was cleared for individual stuff. Think he stays pup eligible until he gets into full team drills or something like that.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 03:32 PM)Synric Wrote:

So went back and listen to thr presser (which it's important to hear quotes within context) Zac said they wanted him out there during drills and walkthroughs so when he is cleared for contact he will have all the mental reps to step into the offense early. Getting him off PUP early and getting him mentally ready singles to me they would like to use Erick All early in the season. I've mentioned he is really the only guy on the roster that can replace Mitchell Wilcox's snaps in the offense plus more.

What does this mean at TE? Mike Geisiki and Drew Sample are locks and with how they are handling Erick All I would put him in that lock category as well but Tanner Hudson and Tanner McLachlan will likely compete for that 4th spot because I don't expect them to keep 5 TEs. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well now it makes a little more sense.

https://www.bengals.com/news/ted-karras-just-fine-with-sked-money-mac-keeps-cashing

"Although rookie tight end Erick All Jr. (ACL) has been cleared to practice, he won't be in team drills just yet and may be on a timetable that puts him on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) for the first six weeks of the season. Given the tight end depth, they don't have to rush him."

He was cleared for individual stuff. Think he stays pup eligible until he gets into full team drills or something like that.

I don't know what Hobspin is talking about... Players cannot practice during training camp and be PUP eligible. PUP happens at the start of training camp and once off you can't go back on.  Erick All can be IR with a return designation but he would miss the first 9 weeks I believe.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 08:53 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't know what Hobspin is talking about... Players cannot practice during training camp and be PUP eligible. PUP happens at the start of training camp and once off you can't go back on.  Erick All can be IR with a return designation but he would miss the first 9 weeks I believe.

Well he is pretty much always dead on what the team is doing.

Wonder if he went from Non football injury list to active PUP. Maybe that’s the difference between inactive pup and active pup. Actual individual field work.
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 08:46 AM)Synric Wrote: So went back and listen to thr presser (which it's important to hear quotes within context) Zac said they wanted him out there during drills and walkthroughs so when he is cleared for contact he will have all the mental reps to step into the offense early. Getting him off PUP early and getting him mentally ready singles to me they would like to use Erick All early in the season. I've mentioned he is really the only guy on the roster that can replace Mitchell Wilcox's snaps in the offense plus more.

What does this mean at TE? Mike Geisiki and Drew Sample are locks and with how they are handling Erick All I would put him in that lock category as well but Tanner Hudson and Tanner McLachlan will likely compete for that 4th spot because I don't expect them to keep 5 TEs. 

You nailed it good post

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote:

Liking what I am seeing from Erick All here and I am very surprised this early...

Thanks Pally. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's not a gift, you simply don't move on from a 4th round pick in one camp...so there is 0 chance he is cut (which you have to be to be moved to PS). Again, it could be McLaughlin or I could see Hudson being a trade candidate. I think they only carry 3 HBs and keep a few on the PS. 

I really liked what I saw from Hudson last year.
He signed for the cheap to get another opportunity as well.

However, he's turning 30 in November, so it's not like he's got a whole career left.
But McLachlan would have to show up very well to unseat Hudson after what we saw last year.
McLachlan makes the most sense to go to the PS if Bengals only keep 4 TEs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Everyone is assuming we have no TE injuries in camp. I hope we don't but could happen. One may need to go on IR, I think then eligible to come back later in the year and don't count as a roster spot.

I know it will not happen, but I remember Travis Kelcie burning us in the preseason his rookie year. It was shocking me being a Bearcat fan and never seen him do that in college. So, who knows maybe one of our rookies goes beast mode in camp.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote