Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds July Game Thread 2024
Trade news: The Boston Red Sox are finalizing a deal to acquire right-handed reliever Lucas Sims from the Cincinnati Reds, sources tell ESPN.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like a bullpen night. Santillan is listed as the starter.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Gee, the Reds went all in at improving the team at the trade dead line. While other teams add players who can help, we trade players to save salary.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t pulled the trigger on one of Ted’s Cincy hats yet, but this might be the one.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 11:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Good news - Reds offense showed up for their mandatory one game out of ten. Nine hits including three HR's and scored seven runs.

Bad news - next nine games they'll average 3 hits and 1.6 runs scored. It's how they roll.

This isn't aging too well right now.
Reply/Quote
6-2 against Chicago and soon to be 7-2. If we could only play Chicago every night. We found someone we can dominate.
Reply/Quote
Who is this ***** guy and why is he pitching?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Here comes the 20 pitch inning for Diaz.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Love beating up on the Stupid Cubs.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 08:49 PM)cinci4life Wrote: This isn't aging too well right now.

And I love it. I'd love nothing more than for the Reds to play .800 ball the rest of the way and make the post season and win the World Series, Cinderella story. 

But their modus operandi for the bulk of this season has been very little to no offense. I hope it changes, but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
Lodol pitching tonight, Perhaps he can get back on track a bit. He's been knocked around some in his last few games. Get right game?? We seem to own the Cubs this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2024, 09:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lodol pitching tonight, Perhaps he can get back on track a bit. He's been knocked around some in his last few games. Get right game?? We seem to own the Cubs this season.

Or not. Another game where on paper they should be destroying they are getting destroyed.
Reply/Quote
Talk about being tone deaf, the Reds announcing a bunch of front office promotions (including Phil Castellini) the day after doing absolutely nothing at the trade deadline, with the fans already disgruntled.

This team is an absolute clown show.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2024, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Talk about being tone deaf, the Reds announcing a bunch of front office promotions (including Phil Castellini) the day after doing absolutely nothing at the trade deadline, with the fans already disgruntled.

This team is an absolute clown show.

[Image: 01g0fkgdyba0a5e7s7j6.png]

Reply/Quote
Still trying to overcome their lame performance in May
2-1 March - 2-1
14-13 April - 16-14
9-18 May - 25-32
14-13 June - 39-45
13-11 July - 52-56
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Lodolo's 5 starts since returning from the IL (for the third time this year): 6.67 ERA

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2024, 02:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 01g0fkgdyba0a5e7s7j6.png]

With that jacket, all he needs is the orange hair, big nose and feet to complete the clown outfit.
Reply/Quote
Keep buying tickets. Keep buying merch. Your money is being well spent and is much appreciated!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2024, 07:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lodolo's 5 starts since returning from the IL (for the third time this year): 6.67 ERA

He's really starting to concern me. Couple month ago he looked like he was going to run away with the #1 starter job. And now he's getting knocked around all over the place.

What's up with him??
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2024, 04:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's really starting to concern me. Couple month ago he looked like he was going to run away with the #1 starter job. And now he's getting knocked around all over the place.

What's up with him??

He has the talent, just doesn't have the durability and mentality. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back on the IL soon.

Even combining majors and minors innings (major league innings are more stressful by far) he only pitched 41.2 innings last year, 116.0 the year before, 50.2 the year before that, and 0 the year before that (COVID, no minor leagues). He's currently at 104.2 right now, nearly at a career high and 63 innings more than he pitched last year, and we just started August.

Reply/Quote