Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mims injured
Atleast we still have Carman.
Reply/Quote
This is a bummer but I don't think it is something that is going to be a big issue with T. Brown here as well. Let's hope Brown can get some good preseason work in before week one. Hopefully for Mims it isn't one of those "not big deal" injuries that lasts weeks into the regular season. I don't know anything about that type of injury but I'd think for a lineman trying to shove other huge players around the Pectoral muscle is pretty important.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote:

Holy moly Brown is a massive human. When you're making NFL DL look like JV kids, you're large. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This is a bummer but I don't think it is something that is going to be a big issue with T. Brown here as well. Let's hope Brown can get some good preseason work in before week one. Hopefully for Mims it isn't one of those "not big deal" injuries that lasts weeks into the regular season. I don't know anything about that type of injury but I'd think for a lineman trying to shove other huge players around the Pectoral muscle is pretty important.

Well Zac already said no 1s vs Chicago. I don't expect Brown to play at all in the preseason. But I didn't know he had a career pff grade in the 80s. I think he will be more than fine for however long.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:40 PM)pally Wrote: His big injury was a serious ankle sprain that required tightrope surgery.  Another player landed on it.  He's had some hamstring issues as well.  He's a big guy with lots of strain on those muscles.

NFL rehab and training will help.  I think exposure to the stuff NFL players do in addition to practice and the weight room will do wonders.  A lot of the Bengals' defensive linemen and linebackers do high-level pilates.  That is something he might benefit from as it really helps with flexibility.

Thanks Pally!  I get the idea that he is going to do a good job of figuring things out and developing good habits.  There's nothing to be done about being victimized by the unpredictable violence of the game.

I think he's going to be a good one.
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Atleast we still have Carman.

I hate to joke about injuries (or wish it on others), but it's never the players like Carman that suffer the injuries every year. They seem to stay healthy. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: I hate to joke about injuries (or wish it on others), but it's never the players like Carman that suffer the injuries every year. They seem to stay healthy. 

They don’t get clock.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well Zac already said no 1s vs Chicago. I don't expect Brown to play at all in the preseason. But I didn't know he had a career pff grade in the 80s. I think he will be more than fine for however long.

Thanks for the info. I didn't mean so much in a preseason game but mostly some good preseason time in practice.  I think with him just starting to get back into things and with the Mims injury it probably would not be worth risking an injury in a preseason game anyway.  I agree I think Brown will do a fine job.  It's mostly a bummer for Mims because I think he was showing some promise to compete for the starting job.  But even before the injury it is still kind of early to make those kinds of calls.  Mims will get another shot once he recovers.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I'd get Cam Fleming on the phone as a backup T/G that you can have ready as depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My only concern with Mims was he was injured a lot at Georgia. Hope he comes back 100% for the opener.

When he plays, he is damn good. This is why the cut Trent Brown thoughts always had me shaking my head.
I don't consider 1 injury alot at Georgia, he was fully healthy 2021 and 2022. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 06:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't consider 1 injury alot at Georgia, he was fully healthy 2021 and 2022. 

Mims had the bad ankle sprain and numerous hamstring issues, so more than 1 injury.

The dude is huge, some things are bound to happen here and there with such a massive human being playing football.

But yeah, I am not worried like some others are. He should be fine by the opener, he probably wasn't going to play anymore in the preseason anyways.

I think he about had the starting job wrapped up before this. We will know if he is practicing with the 1's the week before we play the Pats.

Trent Brown has a chance now to start though if Mims isn't 100% and he stays healthy. TB is more than solid when healthy he is a top swing Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mims had the bad ankle sprain and numerous hamstring issues, so more than 1 injury.

The dude is huge, some things are bound to happen here and there with such a massive human being playing football.

But yeah, I am not worried like some others are. He should be fine by the opener, he probably wasn't going to play anymore in the preseason anyways.

I think he about had the starting job wrapped up before this. We will know if he is practicing with the 1's the week before we play the Pats.

Trent Brown has a chance now to start though if Mims isn't 100% and he stays healthy. TB is more than solid when healthy he is a top swing Tackle.

At Georgia he only missed in 2023 games , many players have hamstring  flairups, he had one leading up to draft and no issues with it here. The knock was not injury  prone at Georgia,  it was lack of experience,  you never know about injuries college v nfl, Burrow was not injury prone in college but nfl has been different 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:29 PM)pally Wrote:

Kid is impressive.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Lol.

(08-12-2024, 03:24 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: William.

Jackson.

.....the third.

I seriously do not look forward to this dumbassery again this season.

Reply/Quote
...and just like that, everybody loves Trent Brown again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and just like that, everybody loves Trent Brown again.

Who's everybody that didn't like T. Brown?  Or I suppose hyperbole.   :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 07:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At Georgia he only missed in 2023 games , many players have hamstring  flairups, he had one leading up to draft and no issues with it here. The knock was not injury  prone at Georgia,  it was lack of experience,  you never know about injuries college v nfl, Burrow was not injury prone in college but nfl has been different 

Yeah, Mims was behind some good OL like McLendon before so he didn't get as many snaps as you would like to judge.

But all the tape he puts out there is damn good, that is all I know. I don't think Mims is injury prone like some might think of Trent Brown.

(08-12-2024, 07:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Kid is impressive.

Yep, always liked Mims in interviews. Just down to earth and extremely smart. Sounds like if it was regular season he would play the next game.

Like he said, in the NFL you are never really 100%. You have to play through injuries, but no point in the Preseason and he should like he says listen 
to his body and get as close to 100% as he can for the opener. He still might start at RT for all we know, dude looks good, really good for a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Mims was behind some good OL like McLendon before so he didn't get as many snaps as you would like to judge.

But all the tape he puts out there is damn good, that is all I know. I don't think Mims is injury prone like some might think of Trent Brown.

Well we always have to worry about Tackles in the league,  tend to be high injury position with their size and what they go through but this sounds minor and we do have Brown practicing now
Yep, always liked Mims in interviews. Just down to earth and extremely smart. Sounds like if it was regular season he would play the next game.

Like he said, in the NFL you are never really 100%. You have to play through injuries, but no point in the Preseason and he should like he says listen 
to his body and get as close to 100% as he can for the opener. He still might start at RT for all we know, dude looks good, really good for a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Mims will be fine. The only setback here is missing reps and possible slower development.  There’s a lot to be learned from watching both OBJr and T. Brown. I believe it was always the plan to have Trent start week one even when getting Mims as many reps as possible in camp. When the time comes, and it will, Mims will be ready.
Reply/Quote