Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at the video Joe Goodberry posted of Mim’s snaps. Chase B is…
(08-12-2024, 08:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/8/12/24218314/bengals-news-amarius-mims-nfl-debut

Bottom of the page.

Okay, I see a bit of what you are saying here. Chase Brown's first couple of runs were good though and of the bad ones you speak of the
worst was the one where he tried to cut outside instead of planting his feet and going down hill where there was a nice hole. The other bad
runs were more of no holes from what I am seeing here. Will be interested in seeing how Zack Moss hits the hole and comparing them with
Chase Brown as the season goes on. 

I don't know if we will see Zack Moss against the Bears or not. But I heard he will be practicing with the 1's this week so I bet the coaches 
saw what you saw here and Chase Brown needs to earn his carries because there were some poor reads with bad vision on at least a couple
of those runs. For example, Trayveon seemed much more decisive and Elijah Collins later was the best RB for us in this game.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 11:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: So, a couple issues with the first play.  I can buy giving him the benefit of the doubt regarding drawing the Mike so he jumps cut if he doesn't do the same thing on the same play call later in the drive.  Also, that doesn't make much sense situationally.  It's 3rd and 1 against 9 in the box.   That's a situation where you want to hit the LoS with forward momentum to try and get the first, not jump cut and kill your momentum and risk getting hit in the backfield by early penetration.  He also doesn't make an attempt to shift the ball from his left to his right, which he would logically do if that was his plan, although he may have forgone that because he was holding it in both hands.  And lastly, he doesn't really jump cut.  

The designed hole does get clogged on the fourth carry, but there's a wide open cut back lane that he just misses and instead tries to bounce it.  I mean, 9 out of 10 NFL quality RB's see that and cut and go.  

Four and Five are especially bad, simply because he's turning plays that should at least be positive plays that keep the offense on schedule into negative plays that force us into 2nd and 3rd and long.  For example, #4 put us in Third and 12 when if he makes that cut, it's probably 1st and Goal or 3rd and short.  I mean, the reason you're running the ball is to keep out of obvious passing downs.  

Unfortunately, this is the same stuff I saw out of him last year.  He makes an occasional splash play and then leaves a ton of yardage on the field with terrible vision and decision making.  Personally, we need to look long and hard at adding another back via trade or the waiver wire, because it isn't like Williams or Evans are worth anything to the offense.

I don't disagree about the first run he has the option of playing through the LB in short yardage. I disagree on the Pull because of design he's reading the TE pull vs rhe Mike until that final split second and cutting back with two pullers can get you blindsided. 

He also had a couple nice NB blitz pickups even though they were probabaly recognized pre-snap. Chase's run game contributions early will likely be the exotic stuff plus inside zone and counter. Along with the screen game and maybe hopefully the 2 minute situations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote