Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analysis TB Preseason Game
(08-11-2024, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If that's -56.8, i believe it. If it's 56.8, someone was drunk while grading. 

Carman committed several penalties but he didnt do a horrible job blocking.  Of course you would expect better of him at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 08:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Have to remember that the DL in our sets has 2 DTs. When one of them is worthless (Zach Carter)it lets the opposing OL roll over to double the other one. I want to see more of Jenkins with someone competent next to him.

Jenkins and Carter both looked bad.  If the team is counting on those two for depth, the defense is going to have issues.  At this point, Im ready to move on from Carter.  He hasnt shown anything since he was drafted.  For a 3rd round pick, he has been a big disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 11:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know of one poster who thinks of Murphy's game as "assberries", but yeah I think that he's making great strides toward commanding more reps this season.

Bengals fans are down bad when it comes to D-end depth if we're getting hyped over a pre-season performance that produced zero tackles or sacks. At least Ossai had to sack Brady that one time.

Granted, i'm not certain how many pressures he had but he did get some QB hits.  

Our D-ends just need to do well enough to get Hendrickson and Hubbard some rest. Pretty low bar.  I hope he can at least manage that.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 11:33 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bell impressed me... nice little big tank he is.

Bell had some nice plays.  He looked better than Jenkins and Carter out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 04:05 AM)Housh Wrote: What the hell is wrong with Dominique Davis from last preseason. He balled out. I know hes hurt just dont know what his injury is

That was my question in the Carlos Davis thread. Really like Dominique Davis if he is healthy.

Would be just what we need right now with McKinnley out with a knee sprain. Would like to know Dominique's injury status.

(08-12-2024, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you're talking about him competing with snaps with those guys, its because Burton is a lock to make the team. He is in no danger of getting cut. You aren't playing guys in preseason because they "are better". 

You're giving snaps to guys like Pryor, Lassiter, etc. because you need to evaluate them. They are in danger of not making the roster. 

Spot on, Burton earned his earlier playing time in this Preseason game and Pryor and Lassiter did not.

I expect Burton to make his way up the depth chart by the regular season. Irwin will most likely be the Punt Returner and swiss army 
knife player for us if Chuck Sizzle is still hurt. Yoshi is the X-factor with his size and speed and now much better hands and route running.

(08-12-2024, 10:34 AM)Synric Wrote: Poetry in motion.

Beautiful. I remember you saying Jermaine can have choppy feet at times, not there. Smooth.

(08-12-2024, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sooooooooooooooo, anyone else impressed by the pressure Myles Murphy seemed to be constantly generating when he was on the field?

Oh yeah. Constant pressure, really like what I am seeing from MM. Wink

(08-12-2024, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And it looked to me like he was held a lot.

Murphy was held at least twice that I saw and no call. I know everyone is ragging on Carman including me, but the RT was holding MM 
and Gunter a ton same as Carman was on our side and no call. Carman actually didn't let his man get to the QB, he just held all the time lol
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 08:41 AM)Destro Wrote: Nothing on the field was as bad as Jackson Carman. A few things I didn't like, but it was preseason game #1, so not a panic situation, but how can the Bengals cut a single player and Carman still has a locker?

I have been one of the biggest Carman defenders the past few years because he showed some competency in limited snaps on the left side, but man it's hard to defend now in his 4th season.

Maybe if Matt Lee shows up well enough at IOL, this will be the following depth chart:
OT - OBJ, Mims, TB, Ford
IOL - Volson, Cappa, Karras, Hill, Lee

Alternatively, I could see them give D'Ante Smith the nod over the loser of the Hill/Lee battle so they have the extra OT, but I personally think they can cover OT between the 4 I listed above.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 10:38 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I heard Burton had been practicing with the 3s all week. Basically since coming back from his ankle tweak so maybe that just slid him down since they were easing him back in practice. Glad he showed out in his role especially hearing he had just a small family showing of just bringing his mom and sister to the game. Not only because that sounds humble but because that sounds like a great night for his family.

One thing I noticed about Burton's two big catches, they were both down the sideline.  Im wondering if the issue is his route tree and being able to pick up the offense.  Why would the coaching staff wait until late in the game to put him in?  I dont know.  I would like for him to start the next preseason game and get more playing time so we get a better look at him
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 02:02 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: One thing I noticed about Burton's two big catches, they were both down the sideline.  Im wondering if the issue is his route tree and being able to pick up the offense.  Why would the coaching staff wait until late in the game to put him in?  I dont know.  I would like for him to start the next preseason game and get more playing time so we get a better look at him

We don't know the details, but man we all saw the explosiveness. This type of player allows Ja'Marr to play in the Slot because of his sideline
prowess. Have always wanted to see Ja'Marr in the Slot more. Agree, would like to see Jermaine with the 1's from now on even if we all liked
what we saw from Iosivas. Burton is more of the type to be hit for a deep ball down the sideline than Iosivas is because of the hands.

Burton has glue for hands with great explosion and is comfortable on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 12:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Carlos Davis being signed a few days before the game, then leading all the DT's in snaps is worrisome.

They might just be trying to get a long look at him to see if he can help the team.  He did very good in the UFL this year so its worth seeing what he may have to offer.
Reply/Quote
So, what DT will probably be available at the trade deadline from a bad team? Might as well start wishlisting already.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 02:21 PM)Yogo Wrote: So, what DT will probably be available at the trade deadline from a bad team?  Might as well start wishlisting already.

We should definitely be looking for a Nose Tackle unless McKinnley Jackson comes back and plays well or Bell/Carlos Davis ball out.

Kris Jenkins and BJ Hill are more hybrid DT's and Rankins is a 3-tech.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 02:02 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: One thing I noticed about Burton's two big catches, they were both down the sideline.  Im wondering if the issue is his route tree and being able to pick up the offense.  Why would the coaching staff wait until late in the game to put him in?  I dont know.  I would like for him to start the next preseason game and get more playing time so we get a better look at him

Yeah I heard dehner and Morrison speculating that it may have been Burton not completely comprehending the play book yet. It certainly could be that but I was just trying to find more positive reasons. But he definitely proved he deserves earlier playing time.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I heard dehner and Morrison speculating that it may have been Burton not completely comprehending the play book yet. It certainly could be that but I was just trying to find more positive reasons. But he definitely proved he deserves earlier playing time.

As long as we use him to go deep once in a while I am happy. He doesn't need to know every intricacy in the playbook to do this.
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 02:21 PM)Yogo Wrote: So, what DT will probably be available at the trade deadline from a bad team?  Might as well start wishlisting already.

Johnathan Allen Washington,  Harrison Phillip's Minnesota,  and Jarran Reed Seattle.

Guys that are looking to be paid that could be available for the right price(draft picks + contract extension)

Osa Odighizuwa Dallas, Milton Williams Eagles, Bobie Brown Rams, and Alim Mcneill Lions.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 08:26 PM)pally Wrote:

Njongmeta was everywhere....

Really like Fig Newton always have and I watched a lot of TCU games.

(08-13-2024, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Jermaine is a special talent, I want to see if he can burn starters though instead of 3rd and 4th stringers.

(08-14-2024, 12:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Johnathan Allen Washington,  Harrison Phillip's Minnesota,  and Jarran Reed Seattle.

Guys that are looking to be paid that could be available for the right price(draft picks + contract extension)

Osa Odighizuwa Dallas, Milton Williams Eagles, Bobie Brown Rams, and Alim Mcneill Lions.

Lots of good names there and I would be down for any one of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We should definitely be looking for a Nose Tackle unless McKinnley Jackson comes back and plays well or Bell/Carlos Davis ball out.

Kris Jenkins and BJ Hill are more hybrid DT's and Rankins is a 3-tech.

I hear Tart is available NOW. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 04:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I hear Tart is available NOW. Ninja

I know you are being funny Phil, but no thanks to that guy.... Smirk
Reply/Quote
Let's see what the prognosis on Jackson is or if Bell looks good. Tart is obviously a personality issue as this makes 4 teams now for him. Pity because in terms of ability he is definitely a good DT.
Reply/Quote