Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mims injured
(08-13-2024, 12:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's also a locker room cancer that has had issues with coaches at every spot.

That might be a little extreme, no?

When I hear of a locker room "cancer," I've always understood that to mean causing problems with not only the coaching staff but the players too.

From everything I had heard with Carman, it's been (mainly) that he is just not good enough to perform well and/or is not giving enough effort.
I wouldn't consider that a "cancer" necessarily though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That might be a little extreme, no?

When I hear of a locker room "cancer," I've always understood that to mean causing problems with not only the coaching staff but the players too.

From everything I had heard with Carman, it's been (mainly) that he is just not good enough to perform well and/or is not giving enough effort.
I wouldn't consider that a "cancer" necessarily though.

I was talking about T.Browns history here. Carman, you right, I never got the impression he was a cancer or anything like that. Carman does (although it doesn't seem to be making a difference), seem like he's always had the work ethic. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it means he doesnt have proven endurance though to me at least

I don't know about that. Amarius Mims is in fantastic shape for a man that big. He had a bad ankle injury that required surgery, had a few 
hammy issues and now the pec strain. It is just football. We will see about Trent Brown and his endurance since he hasn't been practicing 
with the team for a while and has been known to let his weight go a bit.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 03:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: I was talking about T.Browns history here. Carman, you right, I never got the impression he was a cancer or anything like that. Carman does (although it doesn't seem to be making a difference), seem like he's always had the work ethic. 

I get the opposite feeling. I think Carman sailed through High School and College on his size and talent alone, but is now in a league of elite athletes. I know he has other interests as well, like music, so he is not one that eats and sleeps football (not that that's a bad thing) I just get the feeling he's going through the motions, which is why he does not seem to improve.
Reply/Quote
Well he definitely isn't improving so you may be right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 11:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: Well he definitely isn't improving so you may be right.

I think Sled is right. Carman just doesn't have football in his blood like the great ones do. He has a lot of talent, but not the drive.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2024, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Sled is right. Carman just doesn't have football in his blood like the great ones do. He has a lot of talent, but not the drive.

Yep

It's pure speculation on my part but it sure feels like his heart just isn't really in it.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 12:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

It's pure speculation on my part but it sure feels like his heart just isn't really in it.

Yeah, sucks as I was holding his torch around here for a while. He let me down. If I had that talent I would be giving it my all.
Reply/Quote
Mims with a strained shoulder? Thought a pec injury was mentioned. Nonetheless hopefully it heals quickly and strongly.
Didn’t see the game over here but Lee the C got some nice reviews for his work. Seems to be a chance for the roster?
Reply/Quote