Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(08-17-2024, 04:17 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Nice game, 2 int’s, fumble, give up 3 TD’s, 2 by backup. Yep, this team is ready for season to start.

A good majority of "this" team will be selling insurance in 2-weeks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For context. In ZTs 4 preseasons, he has scored 24 points 1 time. Wins don’t matter, but more often than not we come awake looking like the less prepared team.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:12 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Is this serious? Why so down from a preseason game?

Because preseason is a precursor to how the season is going to start out. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:09 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Is Rocky related to Vince Lombardi?

nope

and the name Rocky comes from his father's favorite football player Rocky Bleir

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:17 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Nice game, 2 int’s, fumble, give up 3 TD’s, 2 by backup. Yep, this team is ready for season to start.

By ‘this’ team, are you talking about the 3rd string team or the second string team?

Not much for fans to learn from this game. Good game for coaching evaluation and deciding who to rule out as potentially making the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:13 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: When you pull the receiver down how can it not be blatant? Did you watch the play?

He got beat and pulled him down to avoid the tudd.

Not a good day for newton.

On the positive side, the punter had a nice punt inside the 10 and a nice boot out of the end zone across the 50.

Gotta say the bears have a ton of weapons. Their backup TE with two tudds and some sure-handed grabs. He looks solid.

Not a bad showing in the first half overall on defense considering the bengals played backups against starters. They are getting some good work in today and a great opportunity to learn and get better.

Did I watch the play?  Anyone that thinks this is a "blatant PI",  "pulling a receiver down", needs to pick another sport to be a fan of.... LOL

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: By ‘this’ team, are you talking about the 3rd string team or the second string team?

Not much for fans to learn from this game. Good game for coaching evaluation and deciding who to rule out as potentially making the team.

This is a quality post.^

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: By ‘this’ team, are you talking about the 3rd string team or the second string team?

Yea, our backups are worse than yours. The only person who had a good game was money Mac. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:24 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Yea, our backups are worse than yours. The only person who had a good game was money Mac. 

Our 2s and 3s did great vs the Bears #1 units.  Come on Tim.

Why do I continue to hope that this Board will improve it's football knowledge each year? 

Reply/Quote
Our 2nd string and later in second quarter mixture of 2nd/3rd defense actually played really well.

Our 2nd team offense did not play well against Bears 1st string defense, but why would they, they are over matched.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
Njongmeta with the hit stick lol
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Did I watch the play?  Anyone that thinks this is a "blatant PI",  "pulling a receiver down", needs to pick another sport to be a fan of.... LOL

Can’t see much from that angle. This vid is a really poor angle where it looks like he stumbled for no reason. Live showed another angle showing newtons hand grabbing him and causing him to stumble.

That said, he got beat badly on a tudd and on a big play to odunze. And he got run by on the PI play and wasn’t in a position to make a play on the ball.

I will say, to me on the Caleb TD, it looked like there was a grab/hold by the guard to prevent a sack. But I’m not sure if that’s one that gets called all the time or not.

I still like Newton. He’s young and has showed a lot of positives so far. Games like this are a great opportunity for him to learn and get better. Not a bad thing.
Reply/Quote
I totally understand the thinking about preseason games not being important but is sure as hell more satisfying seeing a win or a close game even with the 2's and 3's cause at some point during the season those 2's and 3's will find their way on the field in games that count.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our 2s and 3s did great vs the Bears #1 units.  Come on Tim.

Why do I continue to hope that this Board will improve it's football knowledge each year? 

Our you kidding, Caleb was terrible in 1st half.

Then why is our 2nd and 3rd playing so poorly now, against their 2 and 3’s. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:31 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Njongmeta with the hit stick lol

Yeah, Maema Njongmeta is one of my pre-season favorites right now. I know that doesn't always translate into the regular season but seeing him play does capture the imagination.  

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 3 and outs is not playing well on this board.  Amazing.

You really might want to read the sentence you're replying to.

He said our 2nd team offense vs their 1st team defense. 

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:32 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Can’t see much from that angle. This vid is a really poor angle where it looks like he stumbled for no reason. Live showed another angle showing newtons hand grabbing him and causing him to stumble.

That said, he got beat badly on a tudd and on a big play to odunze. And he got run by on the PI play and wasn’t in a position to make a play on the ball.

I will say, to me on the Caleb TD, it looked like there was a grab/hold by the guard to prevent a sack. But I’m not sure if that’s one that gets called all the time or not.

I still like Newton. He’s young and has showed a lot of positives so far. Games like this are a great opportunity for him to learn and get better. Not a bad thing.

A stumble is not a PI.  This is the only take I have disagreed with you on, some of these takes by others are embarrassingly bad. 

Reply/Quote
Anyone that thinks preseason backups are a precursor to the regular season haven't been watching football over the years.

The Browns went 4-0 in one preseason when they had one of the worst regular season's ever.

And as I said the Patriots went 0-4 in the preseason when they went 17-0.

All we can take from it is seeing if one of these backups can take a last spot or make it on our Practice Squad and help there.
Reply/Quote
Any quality backups out there yet? Jake got his "bag" (groans) and appears to have turned back into a pumpkin - and this guy ain't it either. We obviously need one.

OR

Perhaps it's just bad coaching. It probably is. Even with our stars we hardly light the world on fire when with this much talent 24 points a game should be the floor.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You really might want to read the sentence you're replying to.

He said our 2nd team offense vs their 1st team defense. 

Yeah, Im an idiot, reading all of these other pathetically amateur never-played-football takes had me flustered.  Thanks for the correction.

Reply/Quote