Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
53 man roster projection
(08-19-2024, 04:12 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not strange the Bengals are kinda beat up at KRs with Evans out and Jones nursing his knee. Burton is the 6th receiver right now with the possibility of not dressing mostly due to special teams. Irwin, Jones, and Iosivas all have special teams experience. 

Seriously...teams are going to find ways to get guys to contribute more.  It can as much be the club not being happy with their current returners as it is anything with Burton.  Or, they don't want to dress Jones if there's an as/good or better option on ST's.

I mean, we had a 1st round pick playing gunner on ST's before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Randy Moss was a 1st round draft pick and returned punts his rookie year.  There is no reason Burton cant return some punts or kick offs
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 04:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: Seriously...teams are going to find ways to get guys to contribute more.  It can as much be the club not being happy with their current returners as it is anything with Burton.  Or, they don't want to dress Jones if there's an as/good or better option on ST's.

I mean, we had a 1st round pick playing gunner on ST's before.

The starting kick returners will probabaly be Chase Brown and Charlie Jones... behind them? Doesn't surprise me they are trying Burton out as a returner. Back-up punt returner is Trenton Irwin?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 04:12 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not strange the Bengals are kinda beat up at KRs with Evans out and Jones nursing his knee. Burton is the 6th receiver right now with the possibility of not dressing mostly due to special teams. Irwin, Jones, and Iosivas all have special teams experience. 

Before TC started everyone had this dude as our starter on the exterior and moving Chase to the slot. Now folks are saying he's WR #6 and needs to contribute on STs. 

I'd venture to say dude has nor excelled at TC. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:01 PM)Synric Wrote: The starting kick returners will probabaly be Chase Brown and Charlie Jones... behind them? Doesn't surprise me they are trying Burton out as a returner. Back-up punt returner is Trenton Irwin?

Currently, we are too thin at RB to risk Brown on KR duty. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2024, 06:49 AM)Synric Wrote: This is where I'm worried about Andre Iosivas headed into the season. Can he consistently make combat catches especially across the middle of the field and maintain control while taking big hits. 

(08-19-2024, 03:16 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: No way do we cut or trade Burton ffs.

Taylor nearly whipped his old man out on the desk when we drafted him he was that excited and every snap has shown he has the football ability.

Nobody has any clue what’s going on behind the scenes but it doesn’t seem like he’s missed a practise or come across badly on interviews.

People looking for something that isn’t there.

(08-19-2024, 04:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not to mention the clip of him turning to Chase in the preseason  opener and saying "We've created a monster, haven't we?"

All I’ve got to say is Burton is a slam dunk to make this roster.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 04:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: They can upgrade at RB3/4 on cutdown day.  It really makes no sense for a primary 11 team to keep 5 TE's.  

If we're going short anywhere for a TE, WR makes the most sense, as Hudson is basically just an oversized slot WR.  

I wonder if the new kickoff rules could provide the opportunity for more TEs on the roster?

Reply/Quote
Matt Lee I’m not surprised about. I’ve had my on him since last year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Before TC started everyone had this dude as our starter on the exterior and moving Chase to the slot. Now folks are saying he's WR #6 and needs to contribute on STs. 

I'd venture to say dude has nor excelled at TC. 

Bengals offense is built on QB/WR trust so even though Burton is making plays he is still reading the coverage and running the wrong routes at times. Which is expected from a rookie. 

Burton at #6 isn't a knock on his talent it's what are you doing game day. Three starting receivers in Bengals heavy 11 personnel (Chase, Tee, Iosivas), Punt/Kick returner + backup wr Charlie Jones #4, Gunner + Backup returner + rotational WR at all 3 spots Trenton Irwin #5. Burton needs a role on game day outside of backing up only Ja'Marr Chase's outside receiver spot to make him more attractive to dress. Kick Returner/Kick team + rotational outside receiver would be a good game day role for Burton as he continues to learn the playbook.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 09:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals offense is built on QB/WR trust so even though Burton is making plays he is still reading the coverage and running the wrong routes at times. Which is expected from a rookie. 

Burton at #6 isn't a knock on his talent it's what are you doing game day. Three starting receivers in Bengals heavy 11 personnel (Chase, Tee, Iosivas), Punt/Kick returner + backup wr Charlie Jones #4, Gunner + Backup returner + rotational WR at all 3 spots Trenton Irwin #5. Burton needs a role on game day outside of backing up only Ja'Marr Chase's outside receiver spot to make him more attractive to dress. Kick Returner/Kick team + rotational outside receiver would be a good game day role for Burton as he continues to learn the playbook.

Spot on. Would I have Jermaine Burton as the WR3 and risk him running some wrong routes at times? I would, but I completely understand
why the coaches want to put him on the back burner and let him learn while having more reliable route runners in front of him for now.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we can pick up a vet at RB,, love to  get back Perine if cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 07:42 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hopefully we can pick up a vet at RB,, love to  get back Perine if cut.

Would also welcome back Samaje with open arms. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 08:54 PM)pally Wrote:

I think Purcell is washed.  He is 33 coming off a season where he posted a 49.8 PFF grade.
Reply/Quote
My final guesstimate.

2QB Burrow, Browning
3RB Moss, Brown, Trayveon
6WR Chase, Tee, Iosivas, Irwin, Burton, Jones
5TE Gesicki, Sample, Hudson, All, Mclachlan
4T Brown, Brown, Mims, Kirkland
3G Volson, Cappa, Ford
2C Karras, Lee

5DT Rankins, Hill, Jenkins, Carter, Tufele
4DE Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Johnson
5LB Wilson, Pratt, Njongmeta, Davis-Gaither, Bachie
6CB CTB, Turner, Hill, Hilton, Newton, Davis
5S Stone, Bell, Battle, Anthony, Anderson

3ST Money, Rehkow, Adomitis

IR Murphy, Jackson
PUP Ivey

Anderson or Trayvoen would probably get cut if we add a new RB or something.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 04:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My final guesstimate.

2QB Burrow, Browning
3G Volson, Cappa, Ford
2C Karras, Lee

IR Murphy, Jackson
PUP Ivey

They are not keeping 5 tight ends.
Reply/Quote
Rehkow had a chance to maybe take the punting job past 2 games, did not do it. Robbins will be our punter I think
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 04:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My final guesstimate.

2QB Burrow, Browning
3G Volson, Cappa, Ford
2C Karras, Lee

IR Murphy, Jackson
PUP Ivey

They may start out with 5 TEs but I think they have to find a 4th guard. Don't think you can play the season with only 3. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 09:07 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: They may start out with 5 TEs but I think they have to find a 4th guard. Don't think you can play the season with only 3. 

Presumably Trey Hill will still be on the practice squad if needed. In a pinch Jaxson Kirkland can step in and has played both guard spots in college. 

For the "we won't keep 5 TEs" crowd, I would characterize Mike Gesicki as half TE and half WR. So you're keeping 6.5 WRs and 4.5 TEs. Maybe no one else will think about it that way though. I do think the Tanner we try to hide on the PS will be Tanner Hudson. Don't get me wrong, I think he was great last year but I also don't think he'll be poached by another team and can be called up when/if we need him.

I hope we are shopping for a trade. I like what Meta has done in the pre-season but if we could get help at another position of need by trading him it might make sense. Also I still am open to keeping just to RBs for roster space reasons. Do you really need 3 on the roster? 

Reply/Quote
What has Cody shown this preseason to have earned a guaranteed spot. Is it just due to the lack of any other body? He's sucked at both tackle spots, and he was sold to us as being able to play tackle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote