Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals among the most expensive game tickets
(08-29-2024, 10:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Looked at that way, YouTube's $400 Sunday ticket fee isn't that bad, even though it's super high for the average person. How is it only a few years ago it was $170 a year for Sunday ticket, Google killing us.

I've had Sunday Ticket for going on 30 years, it has'nt been that price since the 90s. It's been $400 for a decade or longer. If they would do 1 team only for $100 I'd be all over it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2024, 11:45 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I've had Sunday Ticket for going on 30 years, it has'nt been that price since the 90s. It's been $400 for a decade or longer. If they would do 1 team only for $100 I'd be all over it.

I've said that for year, if they offered a 1 or two team ala carte for around 100.00 I'd buy it (I certainly would when Louisville was carrying the Colts), and so would a lot of other people,  but I'm not paying $400.00 for something I am not going to watch. I don't have time to watch 16 games a week. If I were retired I might. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2024, 11:45 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I've had Sunday Ticket for going on 30 years, it has'nt been that price since the 90s. It's been $400 for a decade or longer. If they would do 1 team only for $100 I'd be all over it.

Oh, I must have been remembering the Europe price since I was using VPN and they get all games live, way better deal than the delayed crap Sunday ticket would do. For $400 you can still get blacked out and don't get all games, international offerings are/were superior.
Reply/Quote
I enjoy red zone for like $15 a month instead
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:09 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Conspiracy theory or conspiracy fact, you decide: ticket prices are so high to keep more people watching at home so the income the NFL gets from contracts with TV networks can keep increasing.

Well, 80-90% of the greater Cincinnati population is forced to watch on TV due to the "limitations" on seating inside the stadium. I don't think that extra 1% of people staying home would make much of a difference. So i'd say more of a conspiracy theory.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If I want to freeze my ass off this winter I guess I'll just have to walk to the end of the driveway and check the mailbox. Otherwise I'll sit on my cozy recliner in a nice warm room.  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I looked up cheapest single tickets for the Raiders game Nov. 3 at 1, Bengals site tho. Only 6 left at $135 each. Then next ones that are still available are $170. Crazy

Throw in parking, food, drink etc.  To each their own, but I'll be passing on going to games unless its a rare reason to go.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Interesting that Panthers are in the bottom group. Purchased two tickets for the Sept 29th game, Section 113 Row 17 ( behind our bench) for over $850.

If the Washington game was in DC/Southern MD, same tickets would be $1400+.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 10:24 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Interesting that Panthers are in the bottom group. Purchased two tickets for the Sept 29th game, Section 113 Row 17 ( behind our bench) for over $850.

For $1400 the home team better win and set all time unbreakable records.. Can you imagine taking your kids to a game @ $1400 a pop just to watch your team get curb stomped? I'd start rooting for bubonic plague infested rats to take over the city instead.    Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 10:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: For $1400 the home team better win and set all time unbreakable records.. Can you imagine taking your kids to a game @ $1400 a pop just to watch your team get curb stomped? I'd start rooting for bubonic plague infested rats to take over the city instead.    Shocked

Basketball is even worse. For my son's birthday gift, I took the family to the Miami Heat vs. Cavs game on Christmas day in 2014, which was LeBron's first game back to Miami after going back to Cavs. Almost $1k for four tickets all the way on top. That was a decade ago. 

As a matter of clarity, for the Panthers game, I spent $850 for two tickets. Which is reasonable I guess for the seats/section.

But your point is well taken. 

By the way, during Covid years 2021-2022, there were several times that as I was walking in DC, I saw huge rats running across the streets. I mean cat size huge.  
Reply/Quote

Likewise, if I could pay to only have access to the Bengals I would.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2024, 12:59 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Basketball is even worse. For my son's birthday gift, I took the family to the Miami Heat vs. Cavs game on Christmas day in 2014, which was LeBron's first game back to Miami after going back to Cavs. Almost $1k for four tickets all the way on top. That was a decade ago. 

As a matter of clarity, for the Panthers game, I spent $850 for two tickets. Which is reasonable I guess for the seats/section.

But your point is well taken. 

By the way, during Covid years 2021-2022, there were several times that as I was walking in DC, I saw huge rats running across the streets. I mean cat size huge.  

Not on topic but I was in Dick's Sporting Goods a couple weeks ago with my Son buying some stuff for his season. He grabbed a basketball off the shelf and passed it to me. As I dribbled it back to the shelf I noticed it was a $140 basketball. I picked it up and carried it back to the shelf like it was made of glass lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2024, 09:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Not on topic but I was in Dick's Sporting Goods a couple weeks ago with my Son buying some stuff for his season. He grabbed a basketball off the shelf and passed it to me. As I dribbled it back to the shelf I noticed it was a $140 basketball. I picked it up and carried it back to the shelf like it was made of glass lol.

Unfortunately; I remember the Dicks Sporting Goods money burn shopping days. As my boys went from Baseball to Basketball to Football, each season was more expensive than the previous. They also outgrew their cleats/shoes, clothes, etc. almost every 6 months. My only saving grace was that neither got seriously interested in golf.

After my sons went to college, I took all their sports related items to a Play it Again store. Talk about adding insult to injury.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 08:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yep seat geak is aftermarket,  bengals season ticket and individual tickets still one of least expensive 

I pay 2000 for two season tickets, section 152 (south end zone), row 15.  Far from the best in the house, but very good seats.  Not that anyone in that section sits down. Not counting preseason games, that comes to 125 a seat for 8 regular season games.  Years we have 9 homes games, it's 111 a game.  Now I realize that not everyone can afford that, but to me it's a reasonable price I'm willing to pay.  The stadium experience is special -- unreal for prime time and playoff games.  I count myself very fortunate to be able to go down there and I wish everyone on this board had that opportunity.  It might sound cheesy, but I feel like I'm repping all of you when we're backed up on our goal line and I scream DEFENSE and bang on the seat in front of me.  More important to me, I think of my dad after every Bengal TD.  Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2024, 10:09 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I pay 2000 for two season tickets, section 152 (south end zone), row 15.  Far from the best in the house, but very good seats.  Not that anyone in that section sits down. Not counting preseason games, that comes to 125 a seat for 8 regular season games.  Years we have 9 homes games, it's 111 a game.  Now I realize that not everyone can afford that, but to me it's a reasonable price I'm willing to pay.  The stadium experience is special -- unreal for prime time and playoff games.  I count myself very fortunate to be able to go down there and I wish everyone on this board had that opportunity.  It might sound cheesy, but I feel like I'm repping all of you when we're backed up on our goal line and I scream DEFENSE and bang on the seat in front of me.  More important to me, I think of my dad after every Bengal TD.  Who Dey.

I love the south endzone seats! I used to fly back to watch a couple of games every season. Haven't done it for a while, but was thinking I might go this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 02:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Oh, I must have been remembering the Europe price since I was using VPN and they get all games live, way better deal than the delayed crap Sunday ticket would do. For $400 you can still get blacked out and don't get all games, international offerings are/were superior.

It's over $500 now with taxes & fees. Maybe I'll get something back with the litigation against the NFL over the Sunday Ticket monopoly. I doubt it tho.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 10:24 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Interesting that Panthers are in the bottom group. Purchased two tickets for the Sept 29th game, Section 113 Row 17 ( behind our bench) for over $850.

i actually was shocked how few tickets there were for Panther games when i bought some early summer but all these tickets are 2nd market, so we are going to be paying more.  It also comes down to how many seats, location of seat, even in the summer I could have bought a $70 2nd market ticket, sitting in the top row end zone middle of the aisle that had 30 people in it.. Not a chance, so i pay around $110 for upper section but around 20 yard line, end of row.. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i actually was shocked how few tickets there were for Panther games when i bought some early summer but all these tickets are 2nd market, so we are going to be paying more.  It also comes down to how many seats, location of seat, even in the summer I could have bought a $70 2nd market ticket, sitting in the top row end zone middle of the aisle that had 30 people in it.. Not a chance, so i pay around $110 for upper section but around 20 yard line, end of row.. 

I remember days of $5 tickets for Reds afternoon games at Riverfront. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 08:22 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I remember days of $5 tickets for Reds afternoon games at Riverfront. 

even cheaper when i went to Crosley Hilarious
Reply/Quote
this could make up for the expensive tickets

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote