Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Could Jump Out In First Place Week One
Chiefs could beat Ravens, Cowboys could beat Browns, Falcons could beat Steelers. So if Bengals beat Patriots,

Hey, I would love to see Bengals 1-0 and everybody else 0-1. Jump out in front to start the season. The play-off hunt starts on Day One, so Bengals alone in First Place, I would love that kind of start to season.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That would be a great way to start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 11:30 AM)kevin Wrote: Chiefs could beat Ravens,  Cowboys could beat Browns,  Falcons could beat Steelers.  So if Bengals beat Patriots,

Hey, I would love to see Bengals 1-0 and everybody else 0-1.   Jump out in front to start the season. The play-off hunt starts on Day One, so Bengals alone in First Place, I would love that kind of start to season.

Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

This is why Chase sitting out of training camp chaps me so much. We have a real chance to open things up at the start of the season instead of playing catch-up, and him not participating or playing could really mess that up. Chiefs and Ravens, someone's getting a loss and helps us either way. If the Ravens win, and the Bengals win week 2, then they're two games up on KC right out of the gate. The Steelers won't be a factor and this may be Tomlin's first losing season. Who knows what happens in Cleveland with that S-show. The AFCN should be a race between Cincy and Baltimore this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is why Chase sitting out of training camp chaps me so much. We have a real chance to open things up at the start of the season instead of playing catch-up, and him not participating or playing could really mess that up. Chiefs and Ravens, someone's getting a loss and helps us either way. If the Ravens win, and the Bengals win week 2, then they're two games up on KC right out of the gate. The Steelers won't be a factor and this may be Tomlin's first losing season. Who knows what happens in Cleveland with that S-show. The AFCN should be a race between Cincy and Baltimore this year.
If we have to have Chase to beat a bad NE at home with them missing 2 main starters on defense in looks like, we could have a long season ahead of us
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we have to Chase to beat a bad NE at home with them missing 2 main starters on defense in looks like, we could have a long season ahead of us

Yes and no. We don't need Chase to beat the Patriots. We have everything aligned for a great season. Sometimes it's these things that can upset the team chemistry and things don't go the way they should. I am hopeful a deal gets done sometime this week and we can all turn to what is important, playing the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is why Chase sitting out of training camp chaps me so much. We have a real chance to open things up at the start of the season instead of playing catch-up, and him not participating or playing could really mess that up. Chiefs and Ravens, someone's getting a loss and helps us either way. If the Ravens win, and the Bengals win week 2, then they're two games up on KC right out of the gate. The Steelers won't be a factor and this may be Tomlin's first losing season. Who knows what happens in Cleveland with that S-show. The AFCN should be a race between Cincy and Baltimore this year.

And it proves again that today's players and agents do not care about Super Bowls, Rings or lifting the Lombardi. It's all about ME and how big of a contract I can get for ME. All the nonsense talk just a few years ago about how players will want to sign with the Bengals to have the chance to play with Burrow was comical. Just a few that left for MORE MONEY and worse teams, Bell, Awuzie, Perine, Hurst, Williams. I know Bell is back but only because he didn't cost them much if any and he is several years older and a bit slower now.

When I think about it actually maybe the players and agents are the smart ones in all this as the NFL head office has nearly succeeded in ruining what the Super Bowl actually represents. Now it's all about the pre, halftime and post game circus event that always has the strangest weirdos doing whatever they do. It seems more time is wasted on this nauseating circus act than the game itself.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:23 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: And it proves again that today's players and agents do not care about Super Bowls, Rings or lifting the Lombardi. It's all about ME and how big of a contract I can get for ME. All the nonsense talk just a few years ago about how players will want to sign with the Bengals to have the chance to play with Burrow was comical. Just a few that left for MORE MONEY and worse teams, Bell, Awuzie, Perine, Hurst, Williams. I know Bell is back but only because he didn't cost them much if any and he is several years older and a bit slower now.

When I think about it actually maybe the players and agents are the smart ones in all this as the NFL head office has nearly succeeded in ruining what the Super Bowl actually represents. Now it's all about the pre, halftime and post game circus event that always has the strangest weirdos doing whatever they do. It seems more time is wasted on this nauseating circus act than the game itself.

Obviously the money is a big part of it on all sides. If the Bengals were more concerned about winning then money they would have paid Chase before training camp started. Chase was crying at the end of the AFCCG because he was going to a superbowl. I believe it matters. But at the end of the day rings or not you have to worry about your future so of course the supercedes rings. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yes and no. We don't need Chase to beat the Patriots. We have everything aligned for a great season. Sometimes it's these things that can upset the team chemistry and things don't go the way they should. I am hopeful a deal gets done sometime this week and we can all turn to what is important, playing the game.
I say damage already down not working with team has hurt chemistry with any changes but if they win without him also can increase the confidence and give needed early game time reps to the other wrs 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we have to have Chase to beat a bad NE at home with them missing 2 main starters on defense in looks like, we could have a long season ahead of us

Anything can happen week 1, but man if we lose to the Patriots, who are practically an XFL team at the moment, at home to start the season we may be lamenting looking that gift horse in the arse all year.  That's a free W for our division record as well as an AFC team for any seeding stuff.  I feel like the "Burrow playing like Christian Hackenberg" version of Burrow that showed up in week 1 in 2023 and 2022 should win this game.
Reply/Quote

This is what I've read on Chase.  I read Chase said last week that he understands that a new deal may not get done with 2 years left on his contract. He says he will honor his contract and play and not take the financial loss of sitting out, but next year on last year of contract he will ask for over 200 million.

I'll point out Mike Brown made a deal with AJ Green the day before regular season once.  If they can lock Chase in at 150 or 160 million for many years as opposed to over 200 million next year, they will. 

Chase says he is playing against Patriots.  The lack of practice doesn't mean much to me.  Most of the Superstars didn't see much preseason action.  

So from what I've read, Chase said if a new deal isn't done, he will play, only he is going to ask for a ton of money in 2025 in last year of his contract.  So it sounds like Burrow will have Chase and Higgins on the field against Patriots.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 03:15 PM)kevin Wrote: This is what I've read on Chase.  I read Chase said last week that he understands that a new deal may not get done with 2 years left on his contract. He says he will honor his contract and play and not take the financial loss of sitting out, but next year on last year of contract he will ask for over 200 million.

I'll point out Mike Brown made a deal with AJ Green the day before regular season once.  If they can lock Chase in at 150 or 160 million for many years as opposed to over 200 million next year, they will. 

Chase says he is playing against Patriots.  The lack of practice doesn't mean much to me.  Most of the Superstars didn't see much preseason action.  

So from what I've read, Chase said if a new deal isn't done, he will play, only he is going to ask for a ton of money in 2025 in last year of his contract.  So it sounds like Burrow will have Chase and Higgins on the field against Patriots.  

He can ask for over 200 mil, but I can guess the answer would be a no. I think something gets done here this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anything can happen week 1, but man if we lose to the Patriots, who are practically an XFL team at the moment, at home to start the season we may be lamenting looking that gift horse in the arse all year.  That's a free W for our division record as well as an AFC team for any seeding stuff.  I feel like the "Burrow playing like Christian Hackenberg" version of Burrow that showed up in week 1 in 2023 and 2022 should win this game.

I would consider the worse loss in the Taylor Burrow era
Reply/Quote
My prediction, Ravens loss, rest of div. Wins
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we have to have Chase to beat a bad NE at home with them missing 2 main starters on defense in looks like, we could have a long season ahead of us

I was thinking more of week 2
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:23 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: And it proves again that today's players and agents do not care about Super Bowls, Rings or lifting the Lombardi. It's all about ME and how big of a contract I can get for ME. All the nonsense talk just a few years ago about how players will want to sign with the Bengals to have the chance to play with Burrow was comical. Just a few that left for MORE MONEY and worse teams, Bell, Awuzie, Perine, Hurst, Williams. I know Bell is back but only because he didn't cost them much if any and he is several years older and a bit slower now.

It's the entertainment business and little else. Winning the super bowl is nice and all, but winning the paycheck sweepstakes is better for players and agents.  It's an absurd amount of money no doubt, but nobody is buying tickets to sit in the freezing cold to watch Mike Brown..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 03:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He can ask for over 200 mil, but I can guess the answer would be a no. I think something gets done here this week.

Even if it doesn't, the news is Chase has said he will play this year.  It he said that, then expect him to play against Patriots.  Chase and Higgins and Joe Burrow. 

Back to maybe starting alone in first.  I can see Ravens losing at Kansas City.  I can see Dallas winning at Cleveland.  Steelers have to play at Atlanta, and they could lose on the road.   I would love to see Bengals jump out in front.  Bengals 1-0 and the rest 0-1.   
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

The only players that take less money for a SB are the older guys on their 3rd plus contract that already made their money.
Reply/Quote

Every game matters, and us beating the Patriots is not a given even with Chase playing - without him playing, the chances are decreased. One game can be making/winning the superbowl and missing the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2024, 12:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Every game matters, and us beating the Patriots is not a given even with Chase playing - without him playing, the chances are decreased. One game can be making/winning the superbowl and missing the playoffs!

Exactly

And losing that first game against a team we clearly should beat hurts bad !! Puts us behind the 8 ball right out of the gate and it's an AFC loss to boot. 

Not to mention the fact we've started off slow waayyyy to much lately. Let's switch it up.
Reply/Quote
I think the stealers beat the Falcons, but I hope I am wrong. The Falcons were decent the last few years but they have
really changed things up and I don't know what is going on there right now. The Chiefs should beat the Ravens and the
Browns could easily lose to the Cowgirls. But yeah, I think we are the most likely team to win in week 1 against the Pats.

We will see, I like our chances starting out 1-0 anyways and in the lead.
Reply/Quote