Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Burrow Era
It's time for the ole go-to:

[Image: 4351fe401a571a4345cd791433f48398.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually agree about the run defense. And the defense in general. We lose reader and Chido. You can’t tell me our defense upgraded bc we added Geno Stone. We’re still a playoff team, and from there, who knows. We could beat KC on the road and also lose to Baltimore at home.
Reply/Quote
I've been catching bad vibes from the preseason too. I am just going to root for them as always and root for the guys who I think have heart and don't think they need to be the highest paid in the league at thier position even though they haven't won the big one. Like Yoshi, Moss, Irwin, Vonn, Pratt, WIlson, Teddy K, Cappas, Orlando, CTB, etc
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 10:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We are sorry for you. Haters normally wait until 1 game is played and lost prior to writing the team off, not only for 2024, but forever.

I hope it was boos or pot talking.

Are you the same guy who wrote off KC in 2023 when Chris Jones held out week #1?

Alcohol may have been a factor.  My Sam Adams supply out in the garage fridge, much like Tee Higgins, went from being better than it's been in years to doubtful to make it to Sunday in a few short hours.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 11:34 AM)bonesaw Wrote: I've been catching bad vibes from the preseason too.  I am just going to root for them as always and root for the guys who I think have heart and don't think they need to be the highest paid in the league at thier position even though they haven't won the big one.   Like Yoshi, Moss, Irwin, Vonn, Pratt, WIlson, Teddy K, Cappas, Orlando, CTB, etc

That's really a great way to do it. This is an opportunity for the other WRs to shine. And if they do, it might incentivize Chase to just take the money offered regardless of structure. 

On that note, I have struggled with some pessimistic thoughts about this team. I'm not going to criticize samhain for saying the sort of thing that I also think at times (some of the specifics vary). But I do enjoy football and I'm here for it. Last year I enjoyed some of Jake Brownings games...though they were stressful. I was kind of unpleasant to be around during the first three quarters of the Vikings game last year...but then of course we came back and won it in exciting fashion. So I'm going to remind myself to be patient and enjoy what I get. I will set my expectations to zero. Which doesn't mean I can't be mad or ever criticize the situation, but it does mean I'm at least open to the idea that we will be successful. 

Reply/Quote
Wow, what a $*** OP. While Tee has had ongoing hamstring issues, and I wouldn't doubt he brought this up now as a plan to scare them into pushing the Chase signing, he's either hurt or playing. He HAS to play and play his butt off this season to be signed at the dollar amount he wants next year, be it here or elsewhere. Chase is going to play. He has no choice, he would accrue more in fines than he is making this season. My guess is he will play no different than he ever has, he wants money, but he also wants to be great, and JJ just pointed that out to him telling him not to sit out.
As for run defense, who ran on us effectively in Pre-Season? Oh yeah, nobody. We lost Reader, but we still have run-stoppers. And if we had even re-signed Reader, he would be on PUP.
Burrow is looking jacked, and if he stays healthy I expect nothing less than another Super Bowl run.... Lamar still can't hold onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
I think the WR room is much deeper. I think Gesicki is the biggest TE threat we’ve had with Joe. Sheldon Rankins will help the pass rush. Safety communication definitely improved. They say that hurt us last year. We are more explosive in the backfield. Improved OL. Higgins had his best camp ever. Is the Chase situation disheartening? Sure. But not a good look by samhain going scorched earth before the first game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
we may look back at this post and say "sam was right" lol
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 12:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: we may look back at this post and say "sam was right" lol

I'm sure you will say that in your 3rd post on Gameday.
Reply/Quote
What a dumb thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 01:55 AM)samhain Wrote: Well, we had a nice run.  Got a good qb.  Got him pulverized behind a fecal matter o-line.  Went to a SB anyway.  It was a cool moment.  I got super drunk and ate some chicken wings that day.  Snoop had a solid halftime show.   I might have slipped on some ice in Covington.

Now some guys that catch footballs wanna play sick and talk to reporters  while pretending to be team players.  Oooh my hamstring has a boo-boo but I feel better than Eva!  22 mil for free would make me feel good, too, lol.  Dire Straits wrote a song about this upcoming Tee Higgins season.  Yeah, buddy, that's his own hair.  

How coincidental.

Our run D will suck.  You don't suck with Reader vs the run and suddenly not suck after losing him.

We are lying to ourselves.  Yes this is an obnoxious OP, but the problems are glaring.  Too many guys that don't want to be here.  Bad DL.  That won't get the job done in the AFCN.  Teams will pound us at the LOS.  Chase and Tee are all about themselves.  Joe is alone.  Run game is an afterthought.  

Guys and gals, I may be ripped.  I may have partaken in some stuff and some things.  No matter.  My sense here is bad.  Like real bad.  Like wet fart in deep sleep bad.  There's nothing about getting abused by the Browns in recent seasons that's says it will go any different in this one.  

I'm sorry guys.  I really am. I'm just being honest.  We're in major trouble.  It may not come vs the Pats.  We can shrug t off if KC works us over at Arrowhead.  No matter.  WE.  ARE. CURSED.  

Too much noise.  Not a team that's ready for a SB run.  I hate it, but we are about to get a strong dose of reality after September goes by the wayside.

Love yah Sam. Don't post while you are wasted though and before the first game of the season where Burrow has been playing with
all these guys more than the top 2. Love the additions of Gesicki, Moss, All and Burton and Iosivas has looked like a stud all Offseason 
and we added Trent Brown who is monumentally better than Jonah Williams when healthy.

On Defense our communication was the problem, Vonn Bell is back, Geno stone added and entire Defense has looked better by far 
than last season, especially our rush Defense. But we will see. I like our chances at making a run at the entire thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 11:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's time for the ole go-to:

[Image: 4351fe401a571a4345cd791433f48398.gif]

Good ole Curly Bill...LOL
Reply/Quote
The bengals are in a good place, like they say, it's easy to be number 1, staying number 1 constantly is another story.. we've lacked some consistency (other than the losing decade), so hopefully we can have another great year.
Reply/Quote
Thread title had me shook. Shame on you.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
The booze amplified the gut feeling I've had since the preseason opened.

Last year when camp began, we were all ten feet tall and bulletproof as a fanbase. That changed quick, but it seems like almost all of the "we'll see" or "not too worried about it" narratives became pretty significant problems in short order.

The safeties leaving last year had a major impact, even as we all hoped that the team had adequately countermeasured the inevitable.

Joe's calf was clearly worse than anyone wanted to admit, including Joe. I was buying into the "he's fine" company line right up until that disaster in Cleveland. Then I was in the "the rain was a factor" crowd.

I've erroneously believed that the Chase stuff would be resolved well before opening day. I was a person that took Tee's seemingly high camp effort and company man front in good faith right up until yesterday.

I'm trying another path this time. I'm expecting a shit show. Not sure what will go wrong first, but I'm assuming something will.

This is no longer the young, hungry team crawling out of the basement to establish themselves as winners in the league. It's a team with a mega-deal quarterback and the expectations that come with him. It's guys that are more focused on money that football getting ready to employ the NFLPA suggested strategy of faking soft-tissue injuries to strong-arm ownership with the only leverage they have.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, what a $*** OP.  While Tee has had ongoing hamstring issues, and I wouldn't doubt he brought this up now as a plan to scare them into pushing the Chase signing, he's either hurt or playing. He HAS to play and play his butt off this season to be signed at the dollar amount he wants next year, be it here or elsewhere. Chase is going to play. He has no choice, he would accrue more in fines than he is making this season. My guess is he will play no different than he ever has, he wants money, but he also wants to be great, and JJ just pointed that out to him telling him not to sit out.
As for run defense, who ran on us effectively in Pre-Season? Oh yeah, nobody. We lost Reader, but we still have run-stoppers. And if we had even re-signed Reader, he would be on PUP.
Burrow is looking jacked, and if he stays healthy I expect nothing less than another Super Bowl run.... Lamar still can't hold onto the ball.

How many AFCN teams did we play in preseason?  Not a great vindication of the run game.  What happened there is zero indication of what we will face when games begin to matter.

The Reader issue is less about him being gone and more about the fact that he was not replaced.  There's not currently a NT on this roster.  Not great for the kind of division we play in.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 02:45 PM)samhain Wrote: The booze amplified the gut feeling I've had since the preseason opened.

Last year when camp began, we were all ten feet tall and bulletproof as a fanbase. That changed quick, but it seems like almost all of the "we'll see" or "not too worried about it" narratives became pretty significant problems in short order.

The safeties leaving last year had a major impact, even as we all hoped that the team had adequately countermeasured the inevitable.

Joe's calf was clearly worse than anyone wanted to admit, including Joe. I was buying into the "he's fine" company line right up until that disaster in Cleveland. Then I was in the "the rain was a factor" crowd.

I've erroneously believed that the Chase stuff would be resolved well before opening day. I was a person that took Tee's seemingly high camp effort and company man front in good faith right up until yesterday.

I'm trying another path this time. I'm expecting a shit show. Not sure what will go wrong first, but I'm assuming something will.

This is no longer the young, hungry team crawling out of the basement to establish themselves as winners in the league. It's a team with a mega-deal quarterback and the expectations that come with him. It's guys that are more focused on money that football getting ready to employ the NFLPA suggested strategy of faking soft-tissue injuries to strong-arm ownership with the only leverage they have.

You act like the Bengals are different than all the other teams. Players and contracts are a NFL way of life. SF geez had it, KC had it with Jones, it’s life. You are simply disappointed because you were spoiled by their run to the SB. Thought beating KC was some sign of superiority.

The problem is it’s premature
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 02:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You act like the Bengals are different than all the other teams. Players and contracts are a NFL way of life. SF geez had it, KC had it with Jones, it’s life. You are simply disappointed because you were spoiled by their run to the SB. Thought beating KC was some sign of superiority.

The problem is it’s premature

Tell me you're not a lifelong Bengal fan without actually telling me.  Spoiled.  Right.

It's odd to refute a post saying we suck by telling me I'm wrong and that they've actually always sucked.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 12:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: we may look back at this post and say "sam was right" lol

I'm not quite at the OP posting level, but i'd be lying if i said none of those sentiments were going around somewhere in my head. You know the old adage "the straw that broke the camel's back"? I got about enough room left on my back for 1 more straw. Somehow i keep hanging in there, waiting for something to change (and i'm talking about a Super Bowl) but i can feel that coming to an end. So close...

Short wick
cookie is ready to crumble
I can see the end of the rope
end of the tunnel looks completely black right now
short leash
running on fumes
etc, etc

I'm not saying booohoo me or being a hater or whining. I'm just saying the Bengals can FAFO that my patience/optimism/benefit of the doubt tank was empty and locked 3 years ago and they're about to see my complete apathy take over while i find other things to do with my Sunday's.

Well, look at that. Maybe i am at the OP's posting level.  Who Dey

PS. No need to reply to this post. I'm just talking out loud, rhetorically.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm sure you will say that in your 3rd post on Gameday.

I'm sure you'll be in the thread bitching about everyone bitching, completely missing the point of a Gameday thread and being your bitching about bitching self. lol
Reply/Quote