Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Burrow Era
(09-07-2024, 04:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Huh? Most of us on here do it all the time.

Exactly. Usually Antonio Brown syndrome comes after a SB win. But I'm guessing a Mike Brown lowball offer can be insulting. Not everyone likes Denny's coupons.

[Image: 92ro9e.jpg]

Would be a ghost town here otherwise.   Ninja

- - - - - - -

Yeah, I have to wonder what some of the initial contract offers are. I remember the word being that Tee was looking for Pittman Jr's $23m/yr, and the Bengals allegedly "weren't even close to $20m/yr" with their offer. Just such a large gap that they stopped talking about it for over a year.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 04:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, the whole GD thread is just about who is the biggest Karen and who can bash the team the most. Then on Monday they come back into Jungle Noise like fan of the year.

Hahaha so true.

However, fans are going to "fan". There are a thousand ways to "fan" and everyone can react how they please. Always been that way and nothing wrong with it.

Me personally, yes I get upset and disappointed at certain points throughout the early parts of Games. But, I am mostly patient until near the end of the game (a "We'll see" type of guy). Most of the time, an NFL game is close and comes down to the 4th qtr and last moments of the games.

We'll see.

Season is here. WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Geezshus.  We haven't even played a game yet and you are already full of positive energy.   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Diva WRs are my least favorite players in all of sports.

So glad we have 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 07:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No, that's the exact point, there are no rules to the gameday thread and you try to impose them. It's like you haven't been to a game before, a bar, or around any other human during a football game lol.

No, I don't try to impose rules, and there's a reason I don't watch the games at a bar. The immaturity is overwhelming.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2024, 07:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The difference in your scenario is it's only 1 of you yelling at the TV, if there are 30 people in the GD thread it's going to be the same 15 people throwing their hat on the ground lol.

It is not for people with who are sensitive to that lol, but yeah I'm calling sled out for being one of the "pissing on people for having a good time" - part of their good time is bitching about why Mixon gets 1 yard a carry half the time lol. 

Then you've got the inspector gadgets after the game re-reviewing the thread to see who was wrong or right in the moment, lol, just ***** hilarious stuff.

Everyone here wants the team to win, it's funny how people tell others how to "fan" in the moment. Let people act and react how they want, what does it harm you lol. It's not like they're off rooting for some other team during the same game, as much as it may seem lol.

Now in this same thread trying to diminish the rights of fandom if you ***** about the team, is also hilarious. If/When the Bengals win there is no diminished right for any of us. When the Cavs won the championship there was no fan that had "diminished fandom" because of how they fanned up until that point lol.

If you're in the sports heaven discord server it's sometimes 200 people at once typing live over a game (superbowl/etc.), I think you guys couldn't handle that lol. People are not a hive mind, they don't do what you expect or want. The least you should expect is the courtesy to not be a dick to your fellow fan...lol.

Imagine you have a party with 50 people over and you kick 25 out because you don't like that they throw their hat on the ground when our punter kicks 20 yards back to back.

And that's exactly what I said, you get your jollies bashing the team, then come back and try to act like fan of the year. Just be man and say you don't like the Bengals and you get off tearing them down. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 09:44 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Diva WRs are my least favorite players in all of sports.

So glad we have 3.

Right on. Time to start drafting blue collar TEs. 

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trade Chase and Higgins for whatever you can get. Those two aren't here to win, their egos just need a big check that hurts the rest of the team... let Joe kick some back if he wants them he can help pay for them. Tiger
Reply/Quote
It’s Joe-ver. And let’s not act like he’s a helpless victim. He’s not as good as we wanted to believe.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It’s Joe-ver. And let’s not act like he’s a helpless victim. He’s not as good as we wanted to believe.

I was very disappointed in his reading today and zero rpo and playaction
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:17 PM)Tibbar Wrote: Trade Chase and Higgins for whatever you can get.  Those two aren't here to win, their egos just need a big check that hurts the rest of the team... let Joe kick some back if he wants them he can help pay for them. Tiger

In order to get who? Are you going to exclusively draft bad players and players with crippling self esteem issues? Because otherwise if you draft good players, those players are going to want to be paid too.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In order to get who? Are you going to exclusively draft bad players and players with crippling self esteem issues? Because otherwise if you draft good players, those players are going to want to be paid too.

Some of these dudes would build a team full of Trenton Irwin’s and Tanner Hudson’s the way they talk.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Take your head out of your ass. I’ve forgotten more about football than you know. Can’t take criticism of burrow, then don’t post in the thread. Plenty of other people out there who will tell you it’s alright. So shut the **** up.

Well then you never learned much.

The Patriots were running heavy cover 2 man. The Bengals needed to take advantage with their rush offense but they only had 2 or 3 solid runs the entire game trusting everything to the underneath passing offense and angles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some of these dudes would build a team full of Trenton Irwin’s and Tanner Hudson’s the way they talk.

See, I know I have no idea how to build an NFL team; which is why I would hire COMPETENT football minds with the only goal being a Lombardi every single year.  The Brown family is a curse to the fans and the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I am concerned a bit about Burrow myself and his injuries... clearly his wrist injury hasn't completely healed.

He doesn't have the athleticism to extend plays as often as his elite peers which puts the Bengals at a disadvantaged. Which is why the Chase and Higgins situations are so annoying as he really may need elite WR's to elevate his game. Burrow has a bit of Dalton in him where he needs an ideal situation to thrive that an Allen or Mahomes doesn't entirely need.

I also think it hasn't sunk in yet for Burrow that he needs to be under center to thrive. This shotgun crap for 90% of the plays is costing the team chunks of yardage.
[Image: 274466608_10158743148308176_802682179485...e=66EA8437]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Well then you never learned much.

The Patriots were running heavy cover 2 man. The Bengals needed to take advantage with their rush offense but they only had 2 or 3 solid runs the entire game trusting everything to the underneath passing offense and angles.

Reads were poor. Never checked out of a bad play. Missed some throws.

He’s not terrible. All I’m saying is he’s not some top 5 superstar-level player. And he didn’t play well today.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Reads were poor. Never checked out of a bad play. Missed some throws.

He’s not terrible. All I’m saying is he’s not some top 5 superstar-level player. And he didn’t play well today.

Wrong. The offensive structure vs cover 2 man was poor early without solid rush offense. They were in 3rd and long consistently until the final 2 or 3 drives but by that time the Patriots D was eating time using cover 4/6.

Anyone trying to put the loss on Burrow needs to check theirselves...  It was all O scheme and missed tackles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was very disappointed in his reading today and zero rpo and playaction

Who needs those when we have -2 yard swing passes?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
This was the best opener Joe Burrow has had in 3 years. I didn't see any issues with his arm strength or accuracy. I'm not concerned.
Reply/Quote
It's so nice watching a Cowboys offense filled with rookies hold its own against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote