Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes From The Game
(09-08-2024, 06:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our skill positions are really ugly of Chase and Tee.

Yoshi - 6th round pick
Irwin - undrafted definition of JAG
Gesicki - bargain bin reclamation project
Hudson - undrafted career practice squad guy

Moss had a couple nice runs today, but the RB room is easy one of the worst in the league.

But hey, Burton needs to “earn” his playing time. Or something.

Folks need to get off of this "But Brady won with no name receivers..", kick.

As the skill guys around Burrow have gotten worse and worse, this team has gotten worse and worse.  He isn't Brady.  He needs weapons.  Period.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is part of the reason we see such a crap show on offense a result of practice against our own poor defense thinking things are fine? Maybe reality is things look great in practice and are vastly different against a competent DC and defense? Would explain a lot I think. Especially with the run game (not that we used it enough really or correctly to know) but receivers getting open perhaps too. Our D even had issues once they were 1000% one dimensional in the last drive where we needed a stop. I'd say less than a 1% chance on that drive that they throw and we still couldn't stop the run. Combine that with our lack of pre-season starter play / rust and yeah seems about right sadly.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Folks need to get off of this "But Brady won with no name receivers..", kick.

As the skill guys around Burrow have gotten worse and worse, this team has gotten worse and worse.  He isn't Brady.  He needs weapons.  Period.  

also brady played with better o-lines than this. If the o-line is gonna be below average, theyre gonna need a talented receiver group. Period. 

Because we know they'll never be a smash mouth run team with burrow and zac around

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Folks need to get off of this "But Brady won with no name receivers..", kick.

Brady also had a Top Defense every year they won a SB.  That isnt happening here anytime soon.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:07 PM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: Is part of the reason we see such a crap show on offense a result of practice against our own poor defense thinking things are fine? Maybe reality is things look great in practice and are vastly different against a competent DC and defense? Would explain a lot I think. Especially with the run game (not that we used it enough really or correctly to know) but receivers getting open perhaps too. Our D even had issues once they were 1000% one dimensional in the last drive where we needed a stop. I'd say less than a 1% chance on that drive that they throw and we still couldn't stop the run. Combine that with our lack of pre-season starter play / rust and yeah seems about right sadly.

The sad thing, this defense was winning a lot this preseason vs our offense.....

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The sad thing, this defense was winning a lot this preseason vs our offense.....

The days Joe was “visibly frustrated” were when neither Chase or Tee were out there.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There was not one positive. This is a season defining loss. Nothing but failure on all fronts.

I might feel a little better if I got to watch Rehkow blast Charlie Jones’ nuts to Florence.

And someone wash the metro-sexual out of Burrow’s hair. But even with both of those events, I’m still out on this team and this franchise.

I agree..and as we watch Mixon kick butt in Texas..But I hate to be the forebearer of even more bad news..This little injury that Burrow suffered in his wrist most likely will be a career ender. sooner than later...Burrow his last year in college and first three years in the NFL, even with the bad knee injury,  was playing on a special gift from God..that party is over..You know you watch a team like Kansas City, Mahommes runs for his life on almost every play,  but they just win ..they just execute..
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The days Joe was “visibly frustrated” were when neither Chase or Tee were out there.

I think Joe was visibly upset is because his wrist is a major issue
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The sad thing, this defense was winning a lot this preseason vs our offense.....

That might be even worse Ninja 
Reply/Quote

Burrow is part of the problem
Reply/Quote
1. Lack of imagination on offense.
ZT did nothing to keep a young NE defense
Guessing or off balance
Where is the pre snap motions etc etc

2. Offense misses Tee Higgins .no other WR
Can create mismatches

3.Running game is predictable
No counter treys or quick tosses to the edge

4. The DEs were invisible the whole game
Sam Hubbard yet again a non factor

5. Where are the seam routes at ?
Too many horizontal throws
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:20 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: I think Joe was visibly upset is because his wrist is a major issue

Nah. He was always going to have good days and bad with that.

Reply/Quote

That’s terrifying!
Reply/Quote

As the skill guys around Burrow have gotten worse and worse, this team has gotten worse and worse.  He isn't Brady.  He needs weapons.  Perio
Brady won with Randy Moss, Gronk, Edelmon, Aron Hernandez,  Deion Branch. That's at least four Hall of famers lol 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Burrow also needs more time and more room to throw.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im gonna copy and paste what I just said in the gameday thread

this was one of those games where the 22 and 21 defenses would bail the offense out. Cincy doesnt have that defense anymore. No Reader, Hubbard is older, Bj Hill is older, garbage DE depth, no jesse bates, no Awuzie.

...and dont forget Larry Ogunjobi who was a big part of the defense that carried us to the Super Bowl.   We simply dont have the talent now on defense we had 2-3 years ago .  Im not sure what some of our fans are expecting out of Lou.  He isnt a miracle worker.   We just replaced the best run stuffing DT in the NFL with a guy that has been bad against the run.  Hill and Rankins as your starters with Zach Carter and Jay Tufele as your depth is not a good interior defensive line.  At DE you have Hendrickson who is great as a pass rusher but he is more interested in sack numbers that he completely neglects his run defense.  Sam Hubbard is alright but nothing special and the depth is Ossai and who?

Having said all of this, the Bengals defense still held New England to just 16 points including holding New England to 3 points when Jones fumbled the ball on the Bengals own 24 yard line.  The offense has to do better than 10 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 08:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Burrow also needs more time and more room to throw.

Needs a coach that can consistently counter certain coverages, too.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Rankins for Reader is Scott for Bates level bad. Entirely predictable.

We let Reader walk, saved money by trading Mixon, let Boyd walk, didn't extend Tee or Chase, paid Drew Sample and ASG more than the Lions paid Reader, and gave Rankins $12 mil a year.

When we flop this year, maybe ZT and Duke will be gone.

Ever going to happen. ZT went to Super Bowl. He will be here as long as he wants. Do u really think Duke T has any say in much with out the browns standing over his shoulders Marvin could not win a playoff game. It stayed as long as he wanted
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Brady won with Randy Moss, Gronk, Edelmon, Aron Hernandez,  Deion Branch. That's at least four Hall of famers lol 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12248976]

You listed 2.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Brady won with Randy Moss, Gronk, Edelmon, Aron Hernandez,  Deion Branch. That's at least four Hall of famers lol 

Edelman, Hernandez and Branch are not Hall of Famers and Brady played with Moss on the downhill of Moss' career and he didnt win one Super Bowl with Moss.  
Reply/Quote