Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 1 Pats
(09-09-2024, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The AFCN games will be a bloodbath if he doesn’t.

Bruh got flattened on his a** by a dude more than 100 lbs lighter than him.
Not a good look.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 09:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Tee for Andrews?  Ninja

Problem is, our bench WR's suck so bad, we need Tee for the 10 games he will actually be healthy....

I would probably go as high as a 3rd next year and a conditional 4th in '26.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 09:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, our bench WR's suck so bad, we need Tee for the 10 games he will actually be healthy....

I would probably go as high as a 3rd next year and a conditional 4th in '26.

Trading within the division though makes the stomach churn.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Honestly, good for him. Hope he can put together an ok season. Too bad Cappa is a problem now. Definitely gonna need Volson to step it up for real. Otherwise, typical bengals o-line stuff

Agreed.  Great for Volson, he seems to put in the work to get better.  
The big problem is Cappa.  He wasn't good last year and was even worse Sunday.  Cappa was repeatedly beaten by anyone lined up in front of him.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 10:12 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Agreed.  Great for Volson, he seems to put in the work to get better.  
The big problem is Cappa.  He wasn't good last year and was even worse Sunday.  Cappa was repeatedly beaten by anyone lined up in front of him.

Cappa vs. Chris Jones this Sunday scares the hell out of me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not that it matters i suppose, but what was the PFF for our cast off Michael Jordan? I mean, he came off of the practice squad for them as a last second replacement, and we didn't have hardly any pressure at all, at least by the eye test.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 10:35 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cappa vs. Chris Jones this Sunday scares the hell out of me. 

Chris Jones vs any of the bengals interior is worrisome

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 10:37 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Not that it matters i suppose, but what was the PFF for our cast off Michael Jordan?  I mean, he came off of the practice squad for them as a last second replacement, and we didn't have hardly any pressure at all, at least by the eye test.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Volson haters in shambles right now. Suprisingly nice game from Carter. Hubbard and Cappa are washed. Big problem.

[Image: UbJ2hJf.png]

[Image: sIOa1iO.png]

Digging that pass block grade from Moss. Cool Volson had a really nice game, and a great pancake on Moss's TD. Logan Wilson, wow.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 03:06 PM)3wt Wrote: Says a lot about the right side of the line.

Kudos to Volson.

Also confirms what I saw about the receivers.   Chase was the only decent receiver.

Yikes!

Burrow wasn't good either. I saw an X clip that broke down that third down deep in Bengals territory late. He had single high, no pressure, with Yoshi and Chase streaking down field one on one. He also had a target open intermediate in a hole in the zone. To make matters worse, an outlet was wide open to his left in the flat. Instead of seeing those, he ducked his head to phantom pressure and threw to the outlet to his right with defenders closing. Result was a punt. I also saw numbers that said he had, on average, around 3.5 seconds to throw, and was pressured at a rate that was the third lowest of his career. Something was off with Joe. Hoping it's just rust.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Digging that pass block grade from Moss. Cool Volson had a really nice game, and a great pancake on Moss's TD. Logan Wilson, wow.

You can't say that, it's already decided that Volson is a bust. The science has spoken..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 03:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We may have to start the tough discussion regarding Hubbard.  He had a 0% pass rush win rate.  0.

Ossai only had 3 pass rush attempts, he needs more chances.

We needed to have that discussion after he got trucked by Mahomes last year 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 04:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Burton was active, played 4 snaps.

Ah, thanks Casear. Kijana Run said we made Burton inactive before the game which I found ridiculous.

Not enough snaps for an explosive WR when we needed one though that is for sure.

Sounds like neither Iosivas or Irwin could get any separation.

(09-09-2024, 04:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok hear me out. Note, I'm still pissed about yesterday, but, how much of this is on the play calling? We didn't challenge the Pats D at all through the air. Only short passes and the run game fall victim to the cover 2. So why were they able to do this? Because Chase was on a snap count and Tee was playing ouchie ouchie boo boo on the sideline (faker). Also, with this being Joes first game back, you can expect the stupid gameplan of breaking him in.

We needed 3wr sets or two TE sets to back them off cover 2 and go man. That's where our receivers shine. Stupid Friggen coaching. Stupid friggen play calling. Stupid, stupid Zac (Dog kicks tree and yells FFFFFUUUUUUUU*UUUU).

Need to run the ball more against cover 2 and stick to it. Sounds like Moss had good YPC and everything with 9 carries for 44 yards and a TD.

We just didn't stick to what was working once again. Very frustrating and then I just heard that Gesicki actually had a TD and the refs screwed
us and we would of actually won the game even with how ugly it was on our part. Hoping we can get it together and this was a major wake up
call of a shit trap game. Completely understand your frustrations HarleyDog lol
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 12:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Burrow wasn't good either. I saw an X clip that broke down that third down deep in Bengals territory late. He had single high, no pressure, with Yoshi and Chase streaking down field one on one. He also had a target open intermediate in a hole in the zone. To make matters worse, an outlet was wide open to his left in the flat. Instead of seeing those, he ducked his head to phantom pressure and threw to the outlet to his right with defenders closing. Result was a punt. I also saw numbers that said he had, on average, around 3.5 seconds to throw, and was pressured at a rate that was the third lowest of his career. Something was off with Joe. Hoping it's just rust.

Honestly makes me feel better as I don't see any way that Burrow doesn't look at that film and feel ashamed. Probably his worst game of 
his career and he had time. Expecting Burrow to bounce back big time against the Chiefs. Maybe not enough for a win, but enough to where
his confidence is back and we can make a run as long as we start slowing down the run a bit on Defense. Hopefully Murphy and Kris Jenkins
coming back will help here as Hubbard sounds like he has lost it and Rankins played terrible against the run in this one. Trey is always bad 
against the run pretty much. This is our weakness that needs to be fixed.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like neither Iosivas or Irwin could get any separation.

The one and only guy that got any separation saw a whopping 6 targets. Gaah

[Image: GXH4kOcXAAALNdO?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The one and only guy that got any separation saw a whopping 6 targets. Gaah

Craziness. When we target Ja'Marr he seems to always have a great game. Don't know what was up with Burrow in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly makes me feel better as I don't see any way that Burrow doesn't look at that film and feel ashamed. Probably his worst game of 
his career and he had time. Expecting Burrow to bounce back big time against the Chiefs. Maybe not enough for a win, but enough to where
his confidence is back and we can make a run as long as we start slowing down the run a bit on Defense. Hopefully Murphy and Kris Jenkins
coming back will help here as Hubbard sounds like he has lost it and Rankins played terrible against the run in this one. Trey is always bad 
against the run pretty much. This is our weakness that needs to be fixed.

Agree. Joe was accurate, he wasn't terrible, just off. I wouldn't call it the worst game of his career, just an uncharacteristic off day. Murphy, Jackson, and Jenkins back hopefully counters some of this. The biggest problem on defense was missed tackles. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree. Joe was accurate, he wasn't terrible, just off. I wouldn't call it the worst game of his career, just an uncharacteristic off day. Murphy, Jackson, and Jenkins back hopefully counters some of this. The biggest problem on defense was missed tackles. 

Lou needs to get this fixed for sure. Have to tackle well against the Chiefs to beat them.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The one and only guy that got any separation saw a whopping 6 targets. Gaah

Fck me..... Zac and Burrow are officially off of my Christmas Card list.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 12:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Burrow wasn't good either. I saw an X clip that broke down that third down deep in Bengals territory late. He had single high, no pressure, with Yoshi and Chase streaking down field one on one. He also had a target open intermediate in a hole in the zone. To make matters worse, an outlet was wide open to his left in the flat. Instead of seeing those, he ducked his head to phantom pressure and threw to the outlet to his right with defenders closing. Result was a punt. I also saw numbers that said he had, on average, around 3.5 seconds to throw, and was pressured at a rate that was the third lowest of his career. Something was off with Joe. Hoping it's just rust.

He looked better than he did week 1 last year. Something tells me the game plan was for Joe to run more than he did Pats kept a spy on him and surprised Burrow and Zac.
Reply/Quote