Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight Ends
(09-11-2024, 03:02 AM)Housh Wrote: I’ll never call Gesicki play bad because it was a hard catch

Hudson was on some other shit that play

How he held the ball is insane and idk who taught him that shit

It's almost like Hudson has been a career practice squad scrub for a reason...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 03:02 AM)Housh Wrote: I’ll never call Gesicki play bad because it was a hard catch

No doubt the Gesicki play was a hell of an attempt and he showed supreme athleticism, and while it was incomplete, it easily could have gone either way on interpretation. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 09:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gesicki was good 4 years ago. Unfortunately, it's not 4 years ago.

One drop and all of a sudden he's not good? Yall so weird on here! 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've yet to see the replay, but from first look, it may be kinda harsh to call that TD a "drop"

All the bulletin board experts say that wasn't a touchdown. The NFL officials in NY said it was. Who you gonna believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 09:27 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Hudson is a converted QB to TE and he is 29 years old so not sure what future Zac thinks this guy has with the team.

Gesicki made a nice grab had good timing with Joe weather it counted or not.

I want to see the youth developed for the years to come All and McLachlan are the future at TE here so they should get reps over Hudson.

The entire team was not ready for contact defense and offense we played soft in training camp practices and only had one drive on offense and defense in preseason.

Hudson is normally sure handed and is where he is supposed to be on the field. One fumble does not negate that. Geeze, at that standard there would be no players in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 09:39 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: One drop and all of a sudden he's not good? Yall so weird on here! 

I'm not completely writing him off, but I never thought we solved our TE need with him and it's not all of a sudden at all and has nothing to do with the non-TD (it was a hell of an effort and would have been an insane catch). He hasn't missed a single game the previous two years and yet he has only averaged 303 yards per season.

As we are learning with some of our team, 2021 (the last time Gesicki was good) was 3 years ago. Can't keep living that far in the past, need to look at the more present.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 09:39 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: One drop and all of a sudden he's not good? Yall so weird on here! 

Nevermind the back to back sub 400 yard seasons he had before coming here... it's just that one drop.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 10:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: Nevermind the back to back sub 400 yard seasons he had before coming here... it's just that one drop.

There’s a reason we got him so cheap. Dude literally makes less than Drew Sample.

Reply/Quote

My only assumption is he really didn't know (or think) someone was on the other side of him (although how could you not given you were in the middle of the field) and he was holding his arm out to keep from the defender that was coming from his front-left...that's all I got lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm curious to see what strategy the Bengals go with for KC knowing they score a ton.

Will they try to have as many receivers active as possible (which would mean all of the TEs) to try to put up as many points as possible, or will they focus on the ground game to keep Mahomes off the field for longer?

The logical side of me thinks it will be the latter and we'll see either McLachlan or Hudson inactive for this game, but the fun side of me wants the former to happen lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hudson is normally sure handed and is where he is supposed to be on the field. One fumble does not negate that. Geeze, at that standard there would be no players in the NFL

He caught the ball he never tucked the ball away with 4 guys close to him you cannot even call this a rookie move its a peewee move.

The only reason I see putting Hudson on the field over Mclachlan is knowing the playbook but would rather see All or Mclachlan over a 30-year-old QB playing TE. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 09:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All the bulletin board experts say that wasn't a touchdown. The NFL officials in NY said it was. Who you gonna believe.

Has this ever been confirmed that the NFL issued a correction on the game day ruling and said it should have been a TD?  I can't find a single article that states the NFL did so.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Has this ever been confirmed that the NFL issued a correction on the game day ruling and said it should have been a TD?  I can't find a single article that states the NFL did so.  

The NFL channel announced it. I would not expect to see them post banner headlines saying their refs screwed up again. Why would they do that?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The NFL channel announced it. I would not expect to see them post banner headlines saying their refs screwed up again. Why would they do that?

Announced it when and where, on TV, radio, morse code?  I would think even if the NFL didn't write an article about it other reporters and sports news networks that heard or saw the announcement would have written about it.   Those kinds of things are usually news worthy.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Announced it when and where, on TV, radio, morse code?  I would think even if they didn't write an article about it other reporters and sports news networks that heard or saw the announcement would have written about it.    

Uh, they announced it on the NFL Channel. That's on Sirius radio. Owned by the NFL. NFL information all day, every day....
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, they announced it on the NFL Channel. That's on Sirius radio. Owned by the NFL. NFL information all day, every day....

Okay guess I'll have to take your word for it.  Apparently no major sports writers that cover NFL cares about the NFL announcing on their own network that they made bad call that could have cost a team the game.   Smirk

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay guess I'll have to take your word for it.  Apparently no major sports writers that cover NFL cares about the NFL announcing on their own network that they made bad call that could have cost a team the game.   Smirk

It's the Bengals, does that surprise you?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's the Bengals, does that surprise you?

Given they are one of the bigger name teams in the last few years, yes it would surprise me that something like that would be ignored by the main stream sports media.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Given they are one of the bigger name teams in the last few years, yes it would surprise me that something like that would be ignored by the main stream sports media.

Ok, have it your way, myself and the other guys who heard it got together and made it up just to screw with everyone.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's the Bengals, does that surprise you?

Eh, Florio goes out of his way to go after the league over officiating and there isn't anything on PFT.  
Reply/Quote