Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was better but things I don’t get...
(09-15-2024, 09:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chiefs also got stopped near the goal line and had to settle for 3.  it happens.

It happens all the time for us though. We have to pass to try and convert, especially on 3rd and short and 4th and short. I'd like to see stats to prove what my eyes see lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not down on it all.  That is going way too far.

I wanted more of Eric All, more of Burton, more of Chase Brown.  I want practice squad players to sit.

I do not want to see a 7th round safety vs Mahomes.  Why is Battle relegated to the punt team?

Lots of positives, but still lots of questions.

Did I miss something?
Who is the PS WR you speak of?

If you're talking about Irwin, he's not a PS player.
He's the true definition of a backup.

I want Burton to get more playing time too, but I'm assuming there are a lot things he hasn't grasped yet to earn that playing time.
And Irwin wouldn't be in if it wasn't for Higgins being ouchie yet again.

Bengals could go out and get a veteran WR to fill in for Higgins, but will that WR want to ride the pine once Higgins is back, and can that WR play ST?
Because that's what Irwin will do.
Hunter Renfrow and Michael Thomas are still out there to pick up though if that's what the Bengals end up deciding.

For defense, I was surprised to see Anthony get so much playing time. Battle needs to be in over him.
Dude should not be in during close games.
With that said, he's not a PS dude either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac is 37–46–1 (.446) which is really bad!

Yes, he's really bad. Without Burrow, he's Six Win Zac.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He struck out 1330 times in 8399 AB which is 16% of the time. Don't ask me what this means related to the Bengals game.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kq14p4jmqy5g5bzmtjo...w.gif&ct=g]
Plus he won 7 titles.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Did I miss something?
Who is the PS WR you speak of?

If you're talking about Irwin, he's not a PS player.

2019 Undrafted, Waived, signed to Practice Squad
2020 Waived, signed to Practice Squad
2021, Waived, signed to Practice Squad
2022, Waived, signed to Practice Squad
2023, averaged 19 yds per game

In his 6th season, he has a career total of 592 yards and 5 TDs.

This is what I call a true PS player.  You play the guy all you want.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 2019 Undrafted, Waived, signed to Practice Squad

Hilarious reading this post. Irwin seems to be getting Boyd's snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:49 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: All of these are good and fair questions. It's like the coaches don't know what players they have and how to use them correctly. The mistakes and penalties, Good college teams play cleaner and more disciplined than Bengals do.

This. It's a coaching problem, a locker room problem, a Joe still on his ass way too much problem. Just a bunch of problems and a mediocre HC who'll be around longer than Marvin was.
Did you know out of all the doggos, Shih Tzu's have one of the closest genetic relationships to the wolf?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, to me it's like "you're only going to get 5 carries so make them count". Like if he gets 20 carries is he going to do worse than Moss (2.8 YPC?).

Moss looks like Mixon back there, chase brown does not. I guess the problem with Chase brown is maybe he can't block as well?

I guess I haven't looked too much into the stats yet. I think moss has shown some flashes of why he's the lead back. I assume pass pro plays a part. I do think the change of pace back has a good chance at having better yards per carry. But we all saw his explosiveness against the Colts last year. I think once you see that you need to try and scheme ways to get him a chance to show it. I don't really feel like we've done that yet. Like if he catches some of those TE routes he might break one.
Reply/Quote
Somebody mentioned Mixon being a problem here. I just saw him pick up 2 first downs , one on a cross patteren pass catch and a reverse sweep for another one. 1st downs on both. Plus last weeks 159 yards running. Might have been total yards dont know but could it be our coaching??? and not using our players correctly???
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 2019 Undrafted, Waived, signed to Practice Squad

He showed last year he deserves to be elevated to the 53.
Does he deserve to get as many snaps as he has? Probably not, but the Bengals didn't exactly draft a guy who was really NFL-ready in Burton.
Burton can do certain things well, but we haven't really seen him do much other than a go route.
Dude needs to diversify his route tree and show he can do more than catch deep passes before the coaches will trust him with significant snaps.

And it doesn't matter anyway once Higgins is back.
Irwin will be back to the bench on offense and playing ST.
Burton will get occasional usage like he has these first 2 games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Practice squad WR letting the ball hit him in the facemask in the endzone

TE dropping 1st down in his belly, next play fumble TD.

Chase, being a stupid idiot costing us 3 points.  Edit Chase cost us field position, it was still pathetically stupid.

McPherson missing an extra point.

We will play a 7th round rookie safety in his second game vs Mahomes – he has 2 costly penalties, but we wont play a 3rd round rookie averaging 45 yds per catch?

Where in the hell is Battle?

Joe was still off on some throws and still has happy feet.

Brown averaging 10 more yds per carry than Moss but wont give him the ball.

Never went back to All or Burton.

Surprising:

Defense was crap early but turned it on without Rankins and Hill.  Good to see.  

The only negatives I can say in this game were playing Daihjohn Anthony a rookie over Jordan Battle our stud Safety and the play 
of Trent Brown when we needed to put this game away. We need our DT's to get healthy, damn. Oh yeah, I want to make Taylor 
Swift cry really bad.

Other than that, I loved watching this game and expected us to lose, but we had their ass. We all know we scare those Chiefs and
it was evident. Now Burrow is looking much better and not quite himself, for the most part our OL played pretty damn good against a
great front, our RB's have explosiveness and balance, our TE's look good, and honestly Ja'Marr had a point about the drop tackle since
the sumbitches created that rule they ought to call it.

I didn't like how Ja'Marr complained obviously, but I loved how Joe Burrow grabbed him and showed his leadership and I honestly just
loved this game. McPherson cannot go missing extra points either. I think we go on a big time run after this loss.

Oh yeah, another thing, great one handed interception by CTB. Frickin' awesome man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:53 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah we did, but Chase took it from being 3rd and short(ish) to it being 3rd and forever... Burrow did well to put us back in FG range. So he didn't cost us 3, but may have cost us the opportunity for 3 on top of that (a TD).

It was petulant and the kind of thing you don't want to see from your star WR in crunch time. 

People that act like it didn’t matter. Lol 
Reply/Quote
Why did Chase Brown get only 4 Carries and why did Zack Moss get 12 carries. Other than that I was fine with how both units played.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Why did Chase Brown get only 4 Carries and why did Zack Moss get 12 carries. Other than that I was fine with how both units played.

Probably from what they saw in preseason and on an early run where Chase Brown had zero vision.

We all know Chase Brown has amazing speed, but he needs to slow down at times. Moss was good too especially on the one play when he 
broke a sure tackle if Mixon or Brown were running the ball. I like what I saw from the running game for once on Offense.
Reply/Quote
Overall, much better than last week. Rookie Anthony picked off Burrow a couple times in camp, let him work on timing, and he could be real good. Much better than
Battle in coverage. If it's a close game, Swift, I mean Chiefs are gonna win. You need to blow out the Chiefs to remove all doubt from the NFL's coffers
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:13 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Overall, much better than last week. Rookie Anthony picked off Burrow a couple times in camp, let him work on timing, and he could be real good. Much better than
Battle in coverage. If it's a close game, Swift, I mean Chiefs are gonna win. You need to blow out the Chiefs to remove all doubt from the NFL's coffers

Could be right Jojo.
Reply/Quote
Better doesn't really matter though. We're 0-2 and 0-2 in conference to make it worse. Seeding wise our best chance now is MAYBE division title. That Pats fiasco last week REALLY looms large now. Wouldn't it be nice for the team to hoist the Lombardi? Even once? Kind of the entire point of the Burrow era and indeed of having a pro team. Well it sure doesn't look like this is the year. Burrow is STILL making bonehead decisions and his ball security is suspect. We can't stop the run right now - although if we ever get Jenkins and Jackson back that could change. Our play calling is still strange (what's with the stupid wide runs?).
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Better doesn't really matter though. We're 0-2 and 0-2 in conference to make it worse. Seeding wise our best chance now is MAYBE division title. That Pats fiasco last week REALLY looms large now. Wouldn't it be nice for the team to hoist the Lombardi? Even once? Kind of the entire point of the Burrow era and indeed of having a pro team. Well it sure doesn't look like this is the year. Burrow is STILL making bonehead decisions and his ball security is suspect. We can't stop the run right now - although if we ever get Jenkins and Jackson back that could change. Our play calling is still strange (what's with the stupid wide runs?).

Hey Joelist, I know, this is a knee jerk reaction from you is it not?

All I know is that I thought we were going to lose this game no matter what and be 0-2 after that Pats fiasco. I thought we would play them 
tough though and we did more than that. We will be okay, long damn season and we went toe to toe with the Champs in their place.

I am not at all giving up on a Lombardi this early when our guys just got fired up like muthas. It is time for the run. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow is still not quite back to normal, but I feel pretty good about how he looked physically at least. And that’s the most important thing.

258 yards, 2 TD’s, 0 INT, 103.7 passer rating

Could have been even better without the drops. Step in the right direction anyway.

they should keep running him up the middle head on against linebackers 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:13 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Overall, much better than last week. Rookie Anthony picked off Burrow a couple times in camp, let him work on timing, and he could be real good. 

Maybe let him work on it vs another team and QB instead of Mahomes in KC in Week 2?

Reply/Quote