Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Irwin Hate...
*shakes head*

Irwin's right arm was held on that end zone pass that hit him in the face mask.
I do agree Burrow should have run, but that wasn't on Irwin.
Reply/Quote
I don't hate Irwin, I just accept him for what he is. Not a starting caliber WR. If he were our #5 WR I would be absolutely fine with him but I am not fine with him as a starter who gets more targets than any other WR on our team against the Chiefs.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: *shakes head*

I dont hate Irwin, I just dont want him on the field hardly at all.

Reply/Quote
Burrow should of ran that in for a TD instead of hitting him in the facemask while he was being held.

Also agree with others that a more talented WR like Yoshi or Burton should be in there over our swiss army guy Velveeta.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: *shakes head*

The overthrow in the end zone was also a result of him standing still in the back of the end zone. Had Burrow thrown him the ball it would have gotten picked. He’s not an NFL caliber WR and has no business being on an NFL team.
Reply/Quote
It was late 3rd Q and the Bengals were 1st&G at the 1 yard line. It was right after Burrow did the QB sneak to get the first down. They came out in a 3 WR set. All was at TE. Irwin was lined up in the slot on the left. It seemed it would have made more sense to have Gesicki in the slot in that situation. It just so happened that Burrow threw the very high pass out of the back of the end zone above Irwin. He was basically throwing it out of the back of the end zone but I couldn’t help to think if Gesicki was in the slot you have a shot at a high throw that either Gesicki can catch or nobody can. I realize that was probably set to be that group when that formation was called but wouldn’t you want the bigger body in that spot down in the red zone? I may be nit picking but when they were walking to the line I was thinking I would rather see Gesicki lining up n the spot. Nothing against Irwin but Gesicki is the much bigger target. Just a thought.
Reply/Quote
Irwin and Burton’s snap counts needs to be reversed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Irwin earned his spot on the roster.. I like having a journeyman who can play in multiple slots when called on and explain the system to younger players. As a starter my list of what he isn't is still longer longer than what he is.
Reply/Quote
He is no John Ross, on my hate level, but he certainly can sit on the bench and be quiet.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I don't hate Irwin. I mean, if the Bengals or any other team would pay me 6 figures to live out a dream, I would take it. Can't blame him for doing the same.

But this is the same team that kept Auden Tate around for four years. When he left, he wound up on a PS for a year before going to the CFL. This team does not churn the back end of the roster depth at certain positions at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 12:21 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't hate Irwin. I mean, if the Bengals or any other team would pay me 6 figures to live out a dream, I would take it. Can't blame him for doing the same.

But this is the same team that kept Auden Tate around for four years. When he left, he wound up on a PS for a year before going to the CFL. This team does not churn the back end of the roster depth at certain positions at all.

According to many, WR is our deepest position group.
Reply/Quote
I can understand the debate over his position on the depth chart.
I merely posted this thread over folks criticizing the ball hitting him in the face mask, in the end zone.
He's made clutch plays for us before and Burrow trusts him.
I'd agree that Yoshi and Burton are superior in talent, but maybe not timing of the route.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:14 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I can understand the debate over his position on the depth chart.
I merely posted this thread over folks criticizing the ball hitting him in the face mask, in the end zone.
He's made clutch plays for us before and Burrow trusts him.
I'd agree that Yoshi and Burton are superior in talent, but maybe not timing of the route.

I do not care who Burrow trusts anymore the best WR needs to play. Burrow can do some trust falls with the new guys.

I rooted for Irwin to make the team years ago. I was one of his first supporters but that was when we did not have much talent on the team at WR. I thought he was a good number 4 option back then now he is like the 6th best option at WR.

And we got better options at TE then Irwin as well All and Gesicki.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't hate Irwin, I just accept him for what he is. Not a starting caliber WR. If he were our #5 WR I would be absolutely fine with him but I am not fine with him as a starter who gets more targets than any other WR on our team against the Chiefs.

When he is open and the others aren’t you throw to him.

Next week, he’ll go back to his usual back up position.

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Irwin is one of those guys you can get a sneaky big play out of now and then if the defense forgets about him because he is not being targeted.

He is not a guy that can catch 8 to 10 balls in a game and give you over 100 yards. The only guy I see doing that is Gesicki till Tee gets back...Burton as well if he gets 3 or 4 deep targets.

Chase's head just is not in the game give him a few targets per game and roll the coverage his way and away from our main target till the defenses adjust.
Reply/Quote
Please quit calling that Irwin pick play that got us a penalty we can win without cheating.
Reply/Quote
"I'm not calling a penalty; you still should've caught the ball"

-Refs
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 06:17 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Irwin is one of those guys you can get a sneaky big play out of now and then if the defense forgets about him because he is not being targeted.

He is not a guy that can catch 8 to 10 balls in a game and give you over 100 yards. The only guy I see doing that is Gesicki till Tee gets back...Burton as well if he gets 3 or 4 deep targets.

Chase's head just is not in the game give him a few targets per game and roll the coverage his way and away from our main target till the defenses adjust.

Agree with this. Irwin is not going to be a big part of the offence, we know what he is from the past few seasons... a guy who won't be doing a ton, but may sneak in a big play when attention is elsewhere from time to time. He's at best a 'depth' WR.

I'm not worried about Chase, he was incorrect on the play he got a penalty for but let's not forget it was simply a case of a guy who thought he'd been tackled illegally... his problem was not knowing when to just take the L and move on. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 06:37 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Agree with this. Irwin is not going to be a big part of the offence, we know what he is from the past few seasons... a guy who won't be doing a ton, but may sneak in a big play when attention is elsewhere from time to time. He's at best a 'depth' WR.

I'm not worried about Chase, he was incorrect on the play he got a penalty for but let's not forget it was simply a case of a guy who thought he'd been tackled illegally... his problem was not knowing when to just take the L and move on. 

I do not remember one slant targeted yet this season and this was Chase's bread and butter play to get going in games.

Speaking of calling plays Zac cover your mouth when you call the plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 05:38 AM)pally Wrote: When he is open and the others aren’t you throw to him.

1 reception for 5 yards on 6 targets.

Reply/Quote