Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Joe Burrow can never ice a game
Who cares about WJIII.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Allen? Definitely. Allen is a far better QB then Burrow post 2022.

I trust him getting into FG range with a little over a minute left moreso than Burrow at this point in Burrow's career. 

lol you had to add “post 2022” in edit because you sort of had logic enter your cranium.

Yea post 2022 Burrow has been injured. And missed half of 2023. What a strong take by you.

Don’t forget to advertise on Instagram. Instagram is very important to content creators

Also it’s THAN* when comparing. Not THEN

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Allen was better than Burrow before 2022, but I wouldn't be against the argument that he wasn't.

Allen no matter how you cut it is a better QB then Burrow. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Also it’s THAN* when comparing. Not THEN

Who cares about all that. When you lean on being the grammar police, then you don't have much else. 

Reply/Quote
We'll see who is left standing at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:47 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Burrow played better than Mahomes this week. And burrow has been the better QB multiple times vs the chiefs. Not sure what the split is in who’s been actually better (not just won); But let’s have an honest conversation, Mahomes is better and more clutch. Is what it is. I love burrow, I think he’s top 5. If you asked me 2 years ago I’d say #2 and possibly #1. But the way things have gone since our SB appearance, his stock has gone down a little, and Mahomes won 2 more in that time.

Burrow has outplayed Mahomes 4/5 times.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHxASWmmOxWcCdu9v04r-...Qpb7UokQ&s]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow has outplayed Mahomes 4/5 times.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHxASWmmOxWcCdu9v04r-...Qpb7UokQ&s]

It's almost as if Burrow threw two interceptions yesterday instead of Mahomes. (3 really, but Turner's was negated by a penalty elsewhere on the field)
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:47 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Burrow played better than Mahomes this week. And burrow has been the better QB multiple times vs the chiefs. Not sure what the split is in who’s been actually better (not just won); But let’s have an honest conversation, Mahomes is better and more clutch. Is what it is. I love burrow, I think he’s top 5. If you asked me 2 years ago I’d say #2 and possibly #1. But the way things have gone since our SB appearance, his stock has gone down a little, and Mahomes won 2 more in that time.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s better or more clutch than Mahomes. I’m just arguing he’s more clutch than what people make him out to be.

I wouldn’t say stock went down since the SB. Stock went down after 2022. Burrow and the Bengals were better in 2022 than 2021. But if we keep burrow healthy, it’s more likely we see 2022/healthy 2023 Burrow than not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's almost as if Burrow threw two interceptions yesterday instead of Mahomes. (3 really, but Turner's was negated by a penalty elsewhere on the field)

We would have been better off if he had instead of a fumble return for a TD in the 4th. Dalton would be getting slammed around here this morning if he had done that.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:06 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s better or more clutch than Mahomes. I’m just arguing he’s more clutch than what people make him out to be.

I wouldn’t say stock went down since the SB. Stock went down after 2022. Burrow and the Bengals were better in 2022 than 2021. But if we keep burrow healthy, it’s more likely we see 2022/healthy 2023 Burrow than not.

Again, people just gloss over the three interceptions Mahomes thew yesterday. Yeah, he's ice alright.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: We would have been better off if he had instead of a fumble return for a TD in the 4th. Dalton would be getting slammed around here this morning if he had done that.

Yeah that was a pretty bad play. He did however come back and retake the lead the very next drive. So you have to credit that.
Reply/Quote
Who can argue that Mahomes isn't "ice"

Are folks in this much denial this morning?

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, people just gloss over the three interceptions Mahomes thew yesterday. Yeah, he's ice alright.

When people are mad, they tend to cherry pick things that fit their narrative, and ignore things that do not fit their narrative. Simple really. It’s very much on display here today

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:58 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: William jackson III was right. Bengals fans are a miserable bunch. Not all, but yea, a lot are definitely miserable

It’s funny because not that long ago we would have gotten absolutely embarrassed by a team like the Chiefs in a 4 pm game.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, people just gloss over the three interceptions Mahomes thew yesterday. Yeah, he's ice alright.

Yesterday was not a Mahomes Clutch game. He has had them though.

He had 10 yards on his final drive everything else was penalty and a few rushing yards.

Lou has Mahomes flummoxed. Just wish we could have finished the deal. It’s going to sting but if they can take this energy and string together some victories, it’ll feel a lot less painful.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you just get here?

This is based off of Taylor having arguably one of the best QBs this franchise has ever had along with all of the weapons he has had at his disposal and I don’t believe he’s had a top 5 offense yet. There’s just no excuse for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s funny because not that long ago we would have gotten absolutely embarrassed by a team like the Chiefs in a 4 pm game.

This team doesn’t typically get blown out unless it’s against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
This board cracks me up. One week Joe Burrow's wrist is cooked, the next week he can't ice games. What's it going to be next week?

Joe Burrow iced multiple games on his 11-0 run to the Super Bowl. And that was coming off an ACL injury in his sophomore season with one of the worst lines in the NFL. He led the offense down the field for a game winning fg vs the top seeded Titans seed despite being sacked a playoff record 9 times.

And we're having his conversation because the defense committed pass interference on 4th & 16, not because of Burrow. Joe Burrow is an elite quarterback, period. He's performed in big games time and time again, while Dalton and Palmer faltered under bright lights. There's burrow, Mahomes, then everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:11 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: This is based off of Taylor having arguably one of the best QBs this franchise has ever had along with all of the weapons he has had at his disposal and I don’t believe he’s had a top 5 offense yet. There’s just no excuse for it.

O-line has never been above average annd typically well below average and as much as we want to talk about Mixon being an amazing back. Look at his numbers yesterday. That is more likely his avg than last week.

Plus Taylor stinks as a playcaller.
Reply/Quote
there was a NBA player in the 90s and early 2000’s named Reggie Miller. He never won a championship, but is generally regarded as one of the most clutch basketball players of all time.

But he never won a title. So by the logic of some here, that actually makes reggie miller not clutch at all

Reply/Quote