Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
(09-13-2024, 09:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tom also had a Top 3 defense every Super Bowl year and a solid defense every other year.  But your point stands, Burrow has elevated TEs, somewhat, but not WRs.

That said, if the WRs are not good enough - run wrong routes, lack ability to separate, weak at the catch point, how much do we put on Burrow?  Even with WRs that have those issues, I still hold Joe somewhat accountable simply because Mahomes did it last year.

I feel like Brady's division was easier than the AFC-N most of the time also which let him cakewalk into the playoffs or #1 seed, latter which makes a huge difference.

Mahomes owns the AFC-N, I used to think if only he played in this division he'd struggle. Mofo is 14-4 against us, of course with Burrow eating at those losses.
Reply/Quote
I don't get it. The Bengals coaches and staff was all excited when Burton fell to them in the 3rd round. TJ Who'syamomma highly endorsed him. You show clips of him making the catches in practice. Taylor patted himself on the back in a clip during preseason basically saying "we created a monster" after Burton made a catch. And now you won't give him many snaps during regular season games! I'm not seeing the other wide receivers getting much separation. What gives? He had the longest catch yesterday. What am I missing?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 08:41 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I don't get it.  The Bengals coaches and staff was all excited when Burton fell to them in the 3rd round.  TJ Who'syamomma highly endorsed him.  You show clips of him making the catches in practice.  Taylor patted himself on the back in a clip during preseason basically saying "we created a monster" after Burton made a catch.  And now you won't give him many snaps during regular season games!  I'm not seeing the other wide receivers getting much separation.  What gives?  He had the longest catch yesterday.  What am I missing?

Chase Brown gets 5 carries, what are we missing.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 08:41 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I don't get it.  The Bengals coaches and staff was all excited when Burton fell to them in the 3rd round.  TJ Who'syamomma highly endorsed him.  You show clips of him making the catches in practice.  Taylor patted himself on the back in a clip during preseason basically saying "we created a monster" after Burton made a catch.  And now you won't give him many snaps during regular season games!  I'm not seeing the other wide receivers getting much separation.  What gives?  He had the longest catch yesterday.  What am I missing?

Ahh...a tale as old as time where coaches go with the veteran over the rookie. Giving him tough love I guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 08:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Chase Brown gets 5 carries, what are we missing.

I haven't watched him, but I wonder if he struggles pass blocking?

It seems like he's better than Moss, doesn't it?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 09:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ahh...a tale as old as time where coaches go with the veteran over the rookie. Giving him tough love I guess.

But they go with a 7th round rookie on defense on the last drive of the game and he commits a horrific pass interference penalty on 4th and 16!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 09:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I haven't watched him, but I wonder if he struggles pass blocking?

It seems like he's better than Moss, doesn't it?

He does.  He also only averaged 3.7 ypc in the opener.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: He does.  He also only averaged 3.7 ypc in the opener.

That was the opener. Yesterday he averaged 7.8 ypc, and every time he got the ball it resulted in a positive play.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was the opener. Yesterday he averaged 7.8 ypc, and every time he got the ball it resulted in a positive play.

Which is true.  However, these are all designed runs where they are using a TE as a lead blocker to help counter his poor vision.  These aren't the RPO's and wide zones that they like to run. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 11:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: Which is true.  However, these are all designed runs where they are using a TE as a lead blocker to help counter his poor vision.  These aren't the RPO's and wide zones that they like to run. 

Right, but if it’s working, it’s working. He should have had at least a few more touches.

Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote