Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defense
(09-13-2024, 10:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: It all came down to tackling - they tackle properly in that game and the Pats get maybe 40 yards on the ground and no TD.

This is the truth. I get jealous when I watch other good teams and the way their defenses rally and tackle the ball carrier or receiver immediately. 
Why does it seem like when the team that plays us does a screen or a short pass and there is no one within 5 yards of them but when we do it there is always multiple defenders at the ball? I dont know the ins and outs of play design like some of you but it seems like we telegraph the screen play especially when Chase is doing it.
I cant remember the WR screen to Chase ever being very succesful.
Reply/Quote

Ossai continues to be a massive disappointment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Ossai continues to be a massive disappointment.

Damn, need Murphy back. Hubbard looked way better against the Chiefs in both pass and run downs. Happy he isn't washed.

Ossai has no excuses now, he is healthy pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 08:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, need Murphy back. Hubbard looked way better against the Chiefs in both pass and run downs. Happy he isn't washed.

Ossai has no excuses now, he is healthy pretty sure.

It's basically his rookie season?  Ninja

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
DJ Reader made his debut for the lions and Jessie Bates made a game sealing pick against the Eagles. Do want you want with that information.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 12:34 AM)J24 Wrote: DJ Reader made his debut for the lions and Jessie Bates made a game sealing pick against the Eagles. Do want you want with that information.

Ok, good for them.  Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 09:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's basically his rookie season?  Ninja

Lol, nope.

(09-17-2024, 12:34 AM)J24 Wrote: DJ Reader made his debut for the lions and Jessie Bates made a game sealing pick against the Eagles. Do want you want with that information.

The question was how good was DJ Reader?

We all know Bates is good but we never were going to extend him so no point in crying about that spilt milk. Mellow

(09-17-2024, 08:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, good for them.  Yawn

Yes, all I know is the Lions lost to the Buccaneers in Detroit. BTW heard we are bringing in a couple DT's in Lawrence Guy and 
Albert Huggins to take a look at. Guy is 34 but he was pretty damn good in his day and played in the SB.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, nope.

The question was how good was DJ Reader?

We all know Bates is good but we never were going to extend him so no point in crying about that spilt milk. Mellow

Yes, all I know is the Lions lost to the Buccaneers in Detroit. BTW heard we are bringing in a couple DT's in Lawrence Guy and 
Albert Huggins to take a look at. Guy is 34 but he was pretty damn good in his day and played in the SB.
Reader had a PFF of 67.7 with a run grade of 70.6 and a pass rush of 53.6 on 25 snaps.

Disagree with you on Bates; it's absolutely fair to be critical of one worst front office decisions in 
 Bengals history. Especially when the public was mislead by ownership in telling us that money was going go to go to Tee and it didn't. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 02:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Reader had a PFF of 67.7 with a run grade of 70.6 and a pass rush of 53.6 on 25 snaps.

Disagree with you on Bates; it's absolutely fair to be critical of one worst front office decisions in 
 Bengals history. Especially when the public was mislead by ownership in telling us that money was going go to go to Tee and it didn't. 

Thanks for the ratings for DJ. Looking at that we should of extended him here before the Lions gave him an offer.

Well, I never expected us to extend Bates and I think Tee's injuries are a big reason why we didn't pay Tee that money.

We did give him an offer though and he turned it down. Same with Chase this Offseason who we offered the same amount as JJ.
Reply/Quote
Really need the young DL to get healthy AND play well. This defensive line looks like it has zero future.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
He's turning himself into a pro bowl caliber player!
J24

Reply/Quote

Well, we saved that money to pay Tee and Chase long term contracts. Wait a minute...  Ninja
Reply/Quote

You know, I prefer the term "forced incompletion" over "passes defensed". :tongue:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Makes me very happy, no secret I have been rooting for CTB big time since we drafted him and more so than others. My nephew's 
name is Cameron, my Sisters name is Britt and one of my twin sisters would of been named Taylor if she ended up being a boy lol
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:25 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, we saved that money to pay Tee and Chase long term contracts. Wait a minute...  Ninja

"You see there is a pie and I'm not sharing any of it" Mike Brown
J24

Reply/Quote
Excellent breakdown by Riddick here on what the Bengals did wrong on that play (besides the penalty).

Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Excellent breakdown by Riddick here on what the Bengals did wrong on that play (besides the penalty).

I still can't believe they threw that late ass flag. I thought a DB has the right to go for the ball. He is going one way the WR the other and he jumps simultaneously with the WR and gets hit in the face with the ball.

bullshit man
Reply/Quote