Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Patriot Lawerence Guy signs with Bengals
This doesn't move the needle for me. If they think this is a championship team and we have cap now that no extension for Chase, they should be going all in which includes a trade for a DT that can help. 

Not signing what will amount to a body at the position. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here we go with the counting thing again...

Anyway someone wants to look at it, being great in 2018 is a long ways away from where he is now.  Im not expecting much.  When you look at his numbers since 2018 they have consistently fallen.  I think I would be more inclined to give someone like Domenique Davis a chance.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: From 2018 to 2024 is 7 football seasons

1   2024   00.0

2   2023   45.5

3   2022   53.5

4   2021   62.5

5   2020   68.2

6   2019   71.7

7   2018   89.8

Wait, how is it the 21st century if the first two digits of the current year are a 2 and 0? 

Sarcasm  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cut the kid who committed the PI. Ammi right?

HAHA. That PI still stings.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Wait, how is it the 21st century if the first two digits of the current year are a 2 and 0? 

Sarcasm  

First century started with a zero? Not really. I'm just F'n with ya.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
We had to do something. Hoping for the best & expecting the worst. He's played winning football. Doesn't have to be a star just a rotational piece.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes and Tupou very well could be out of shape which was always his problem. Huggins hasn't been good at all in his career, backup.

Josh had, and may still have, other issues.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: From 2018 to 2024 is 7 football seasons

1   2024   00.0

2   2023   45.5

3   2022   53.5

4   2021   62.5

5   2020   68.2

6   2019   71.7

7   2018   89.8

You are right lol

He hasn't played this season, but certainly agree with the steady decline in rating obviously. Guy as just a guy might very well be 
better than what we have seen of Carter and it wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:48 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Anyway someone wants to look at it, being great in 2018 is a long ways away from where he is now.  Im not expecting much.  When you look at his numbers since 2018 they have consistently fallen.  I think I would be more inclined to give someone like Domenique Davis a chance.

Very true.

Always liked what I saw from Domenique Davis, but I think he is still injured otherwise we would of called him up from the PS.

(Yesterday, 04:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Josh had, and may still have, other issues.

Forgot about the off field problems with Tupou. But he was always a monster player since being a Colorado Buffalo I believe back in the day.

Kind of just figured he gets out of shape at times like other big NT's.
Reply/Quote
Guy is just a guy but at this point that's all you are going to get.
Hopefully Jenkins is back and has a great Rookie Season. Also call the Rams about Bobby Brown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No team is trading a good DT 2 weeks into the season, everyone is still in the hunt right now. Could you get a depth guy? Maybe but they probably are negligibly better than Guy. We are just looking for guys to eat snaps at this point.

If you think there is a magic fix out there you are disconnected from reality.
Reply/Quote
"everyone" isn't in the hunt tho...... Not realistically, and I'm sure they know internally. 

Panthers
Bears
Giants
NE
Tennessee
Denver 
Washington
LV

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true.

Always liked what I saw from Domenique Davis, but I think he is still injured otherwise we would of called him up from the PS.

Forgot about the off field problems with Tupou. But he was always a monster player since being a Colorado Buffalo I believe back in the day.

Kind of just figured he gets out of shape at times like other big NT's.

I don't remember Josh having any off field problems???
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: HAHA. That PI still stings.

Glad they didn't cut this rookie for his mistake.....

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-great-eric-thomas-re-lives-history-with-some-advice-a-game-is-never-decided-by-one-snap

Quote:As he always does Sundays, Eric Thomas watched.

But on this Sunday, Thomas caught a glimpse of himself in a not-so funhouse mirror. Long before he was named one of the 50 greatest players in Bengals history.
"That was me," says Thomas of Bengals rookie safety Daijahn Anthony and the pass interference call against him with 38 seconds left that led to the Chiefs walking off a loss into a win. "I will tell the young man, you didn't lose the game for them. A game is never decided by one snap. Trust me. Just get back to work and put your head down and don't worry about what people are going to say. Don't worry about one play. In one game. It's not worth it."
The similarities of last Sunday in Arrowhead Stadium and Sept. 20, 1987, at Cincinnati's old Riverfront Stadium are downright eerie but illuminating. Thomas rebounded to go to the Pro Bowl the next season while putting himself on the iconic S.W.A.T team poster that celebrated the Bengals' Super Bowl secondary.
Both Thomas and Anthony were in the second game of their careers on the second Sunday of the season. Both were in the secondary protecting slim leads in the final minute while staring at the most decorated quarterbacks of their eras.

Thomas, a second-rounder coming off the bench as he did during the game as an extra cornerback, saw the 49ers' Joe Montana drop back with two seconds left from the Bengals 25 in a game the Bengals led, 26-20.
Future Hall-of-Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice ran at Thomas, already in the end zone tucked in a deep zone.
Anthony, the seventh-rounder who has been playing in the Bengals' dime package since his stunning training camp, dealt with the Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes dancing at his 35 on fourth-and-16 while trailing, 25-23.
Anthony dropped into a zone. Wide receiver Rashee Rice isn't Jerry Rice, but he already had a 44-yard touchdown catch Sunday. When he cut in front of Anthony, he drew the flag as Anthony hit him early from behind while both leaped for the 29-yard pass.
Thomas was supposed to be in a zone, too, but it didn't look like it.

Corey Dillon and Tim Krumrie: Guts and Glory

"We were lined up incorrectly," Thomas says. "There were supposed to be two other players on my side. We didn't know it until we watched film the next day."
It left the rookie all alone with the league's best receiver on the right side of the end zone. Somehow, Rice got position and separation in front of Thomas. Montana, with no pressure, flicked his wrist to produce a loft, and it was over.
"I just screwed it up. It's an easy play to make. The ball is coming right to me. I just froze," Thomas says. "I don't think it had anything to with it was Jerry Rice. It was me not being aware of the situation and not reacting the way I should have reacted."
The veteran Thomas, who would go on to play eight more seasons in the league while amassing 17 interceptions, says there's no question he would have batted it away.

"It was a very easy play to make," Thomas says. "You have to understand I was back all the way. I was in the end zone when the ball got snapped. If I was up on the line of scrimmage, I might have had a better chance at breaking the pass up. I'm just watching him running toward me."
Thomas admits since his gaffe didn't get the spotlight for very long, it probably helped him rebound quickly.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: "everyone" isn't in the hunt tho...... Not realistically, and I'm sure they know internally. 

Panthers
Bears
Giants
NE
Tennessee
Denver 
Washington
LV

I'd be completely open for parting with a first round pick for Maxx Crosby.  
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: I don't remember Josh having any off field problems???

I don't either but I could have missed it.
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: I don't remember Josh having any off field problems???

had a probation issue back in 2018 is all i could find
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: I'd be completely open for parting with a first round pick for Maxx Crosby.  

It'd take a lot more than just a first round pick. Crosby is an elite of the elite defensive end who is right in the middle of his prime (27 years old). Quite frankly, the Raiders aren't going to trade him unless the Bengals offer something ridiculous. It wouldn't be worth it. 
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)XenoMorph Wrote: had a probation issue back in 2018 is all i could find

I think people are confusing our Samoans and conflating Topou with Maualuga
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 07:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Savvy veteran. Always strong against the run especially in 18 when he was elite. 

I actually liked the signing if he can perform similarly as to a few yrs back. I recall watching some NE games  and asking myself, "whos that Guy?" lol
and then looking him up and seeing he was a 7th rounder...nice story.
Reply/Quote