Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals training camp, hire a consultant?
(09-22-2024, 10:02 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sounds like the team may need a direct message.

Yeaaah, I'm gonna need you to start winning games at the beginning of the season.  So if you could go ahead and do that, that would be great.

[Image: Bill-Lumbergh.jpg?resize=800%2C451&ssl=1]

It is very disappointing that you would make mockery of a very serious discussion. What the Team really needs are as follows:
1) Michael Bolton motivational speaker session
2) Conjugal visits
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 11:11 AM)XsandOs Wrote: It is very disappointing that you would make mockery of a very serious discussion. What the Team really needs are as follows:
1) Michael Bolton motivational speaker session
2) Conjugal visits

Don't forget two chicks at the same time. 

Meh, maybe Zac's got a case of the (Sun)days.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 01:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'd rather win the early AFC games and get homefield advantage and have the first week of the playoff off.

This guy gets it !
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 11:43 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Don't forget two chicks at the same time. 

Meh, maybe Zac's got a case of the (Sun)days.

I stand corrected. Two chicks at the same time, it is. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 01:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Patriots loss came down to not having answers for Cover 2. The thing people tend to overlook in our slow starts is each year the offensive scheme starts really disjointed and frankly lacking answers and then as the year progresses they start adding in additional answers. Listening to Rodgers talk after the Jets game about them knowing they (The Patriots) and everyone else they have played were going to use a ton of Cover 2 it required them to have answers to it and take shots to Wilson when they'd occasionally give them.

Could the tackling have been better? Sure! That said the defense only gave up 16 points and with this offense anytime the defense only gives up 16 points we should win. The issues aren't going to be fixed by changing preseason they are only going to be fixed when Taylor re evaluates they way we structure and build our offense.

There's a ton of truth here IMHO.

However I do believe we need more preseason reps with the first team. And, more full contact hard sweating practice.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 10:24 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a quote of some kind that says "Repetition is the key to perfection" or close too it. Which is alot closer to the truth. 

Thus the proliferation of the motivational phrases like "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again", "practice makes perfect", "fake it 'till you make it", etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thus the proliferation of the motivational phrases like "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again", "practice makes perfect", "fake it 'till you make it", etc.

There's a gazillion different examples you could make. But, for example - you can't expect to jog a 1/4 mile once a week for 2 months and then expect to win the Boston Marathon.

In other words, the way they've watered down preseason and practice on most teams, HURTS. And I'll never believe otherwise
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thus the proliferation of the motivational phrases like "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again", "practice makes perfect", "fake it 'till you make it", etc.

It is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 01:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's a gazillion different examples you could make. But, for example - you can't expect to jog a 1/4 mile once a week for 2 months and then expect to win the Boston Marathon.

In other words, the way they've watered down preseason and practice on most teams, HURTS. And I'll never believe otherwise

I agree with you fully and completely. In another recent thread I called the Bengals "soft" and was quickly refuted by another long time board member. Then I mentioned that the Bengals can't run the ball and struggle to stop the run, those are the classic hallmarks of what is considered a "soft" team. At the end of the day, football is still a physical sport based upon the fundamentals of blocking and tackling. If you don't practice those skills they erode, and to be better than other teams that are competent in those disciplines you must practice technique to perfection. Reps, reps and more reps = solid blocking and tackling technique.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 09:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jesus Christ, no it isn't.

Why do people (AMERICANS) keep quoting this? This isn't a quote and it isn't the definition.

We all know its not the true definition, its just a quote used to make a point.  If something isn't working and you stubbornly refuse to change, you may not change the results.  This saying has been used to describe Mike Brown since the original Bengal Board's inception back in like 2005

Of course we all know there are exceptions to this.  Sometimes doing it over and over makes you better at whatever craft you are trying to perfect.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 01:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'd rather win the early AFC games and get homefield advantage and have the first week of the playoff off.

During the Marvin years, I used to think having a bye would be a horrible way to start the playoffs.  I'm still recovering.
Reply/Quote