Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would it take to get Zac Taylor fired?
(11 hours ago)740Bengal Wrote: I am curious, what in your opinion is the magic number? 0-4, 0-10, 0-17?

Multiple seasons under .500.
The injury excuse will be a big one for ownership this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have been in the AFC Championship game 2 of the last 3 years. We're currently on a 3-year streak with a winning record. We were a bogus DPI away from defeating the SB Champs in their stadium.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, he's quite safe.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Nothing on the field would make them do anything. Back to a laughing stock.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)BengalYankee Wrote: Forrest Gregg left the Bengals after 2 years from a SB and was probably the best HC the Bengals ever had.  Cool

Entirely different set of circumstances, as you know.  When the Packers fired Forrest's good buddy Bart Starr at the end of the '83 season, Paul let Forrest out of his contract so he could go and coach in the place that was his NFL home and the place he'd wanted to coach at all along, Green Bay.  So, that's why he left.  
Reply/Quote
If Joe Burrow gets mad enough and marches into Browns office and demands some changes......you never know
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)higgy100 Wrote: LOL. You sound like the Reds in having the worst W-L record in MLB in one-run games. There's something that attributed to that and it was terrible, ridiculous base-running day in and day out, terrible defense and trusting a BP that was in the bottom 10 in MLB. A whole bunch of that is directly on the manager. 

Why harp on Lou and not ZT? You think Lou wanted to get rid of an all pro S in Bates, get rid of Bell and a stud run defender in Reader and not signing, a year ago, a veteran(s) to replace both S's?

I'm not here to tell you that the Bengals should or need to fire ZT but there's alot of things that go into losing close, tight games. Fundamentals, coaching players up, scheme, preparation, running a disciplined team, etc. etc. and all of these involve the HC and coaching staff. 

good post and I agree..
Reply/Quote
Banging Mike's granddaughter?
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)ERIC1 Wrote: If Joe Burrow gets mad enough and marches into Browns office and  demands some changes......you never know

Ya , that worked out well when Palmer tried it..
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Tony Wrote: Ya , that worked out well when Palmer tried it..

It worked well for Palmer. He played 7 more years elsewhere with a winning record, making another $90m on top of his $85m from 8 years with the Bengals, got a 2nd Team All-Pro nod, finished 2nd in MVP voting, won a playoff game.

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
I saw online that after the game, Burrow didn't go to the locker room but went back to where Taylor's office is with Lou.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)ERIC1 Wrote: If Joe Burrow gets mad enough and marches into Browns office and  demands some changes......you never know

(4 hours ago)Destro Wrote: I saw online that after the game, Burrow didn't go to the locker room but went back to where Taylor's office is with Lou.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If we go by Bengal history, Zac has a long leash.

If we go by the idea that this is a new organization with a new approach, then maybe not.

The team seems to be bending over backwards to scare up new revenue sources. They are trying to pay players, but the inability or possibly unwillingness to guarantee money is officially hurting them right now.

Burrow has been paid a shit ton of guaranteed coin. Ownership will expect a return on the field. If Burrow plays like he did last night and the team still loses a ton of games, then I think Zac is at risk. If they miss the playoffs by a game given the nature of their starts to the year, it's a bad look for him. If Joe starts to turn on him, I think he'd be in major trouble.

The team wants investment in the stadium and revenue from anywhere they can get it. It seems that they thought they could get these things by hitching their wagon to Joe and letting him cook. If that goes off the rails, I think they will start to look elsewhere for help. Coaches are easy and cheap to replace. You expect more results with a 55 million dollar qb.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It worked well for Palmer. He played 7 more years elsewhere with a winning record, making another $90m on top of his $85m from 8 years with the Bengals, got a 2nd Team All-Pro nod, finished 2nd in MVP voting, won a playoff game.

I have to admit that is some extremely productive quitting, right there. 
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)PDub80 Wrote: I am in no way upset at ZT. His team has lost 3 1 score games.

I think Lou should go. I have never been in love with this nickel based zone defense. The league seems to have figured it out, it seems way too complicated for the young guys, & the players he wants (Bengals have drafted defense horribly) aren't cutting it.... But ZT is very loyal and I don't see Lou getting the axe any time soon. And, really, for 2024 it's way too late for that.

The lack of development of young defensive guys warrants a change, let alone the absolutely bizarre games from the defense we've seen over the years.

I don't think ZT is the problem. I think the league has figured out his DC & Lou hasn't been very evolutionary on what he's doing. The sun has set on him.

I'm not sure Lou's defense ever had the league confused.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(3 hours ago)jason Wrote: I'm not sure Lou's defense ever had the league confused.

Our ownership has blown since Crystal Pepsi was new, but our coaches are a QB coach and his 8th choice to be DC.  Hard to imagine they aren't complicit in this whole debacle. 
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)PDub80 Wrote: His team has lost 3 1 score games.

Most games in the NFL are 1 score games.

If they won all their 1-score losses, the Bengals teams of the 90s would have had 8 winning seasons that decade with only one losing season despite in reality averaging a 5-11 season by going 52-108.

So saying we lost two games to last year's 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NFL by 1 score isn't really a good mitigater. 

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
nothing why
Reply/Quote
I also don't think he can get fired. But I am curios about the Taylor Joe straight to the coaches office after the game? I wonder what that was all about?

Also feel like this sets us up for some big free agency spending? So I feel like there will atleast be some blow back with that. Just not sure how we respond with such high hopes going into the season.
Reply/Quote
It would take and epic meltdown this year, along with a complete locker room mutiny to even get close to a 50% chance of Zac being fired after this season. He'll be back next season, but I could see some defensive changes coming if this defense continues to suck.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote