Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight Ends
All needs to stay up, blocks like that can turn into chop blocks if you go too low. Still, impressed by All and like Bfine said Gesicki
and yes, Gesicki needs to start getting some TD's soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2024, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All needs to stay up, blocks like that can turn into chop blocks if you go too low. Still, impressed by All and like Bfine said Gesicki
and yes, Gesicki needs to start getting some TD's soon enough.

That's textbook, isn't it? As long as it's in the tackle box and he's not being blocked by someone else, I am pretty sure he's free to go low.

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2024, 02:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's textbook, isn't it? As long as it's in the tackle box and he's not being blocked by someone else, I am pretty sure he's free to go low.

It is textbook there, just always scares me a bit when a blocker goes a little low. But that was another great block from Erick All.

Really like All, crazy surprised by how good he has been this soon. One of the few bright spots in a losing season so far.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is textbook there, just always scares me a bit when a blocker goes a little low. But that was another great block from Erick All.

Really like All, crazy surprised by how good he has been this soon. One of the few bright spots in a losing season so far.

Not sold on him yet as a receiving weapon (6.8 avg, 1 full yard less than Sample's bad career 7.8), but certainly seems like he should be at least a blocking replacement for Sample next year.

Would still love to see us try to rescue Pitts from Atlanta (who doesn't seem to want to use him much) and pair him with All next year. If this season keeps going to shit, maybe we can trade off Higgins to a contender and use that pick we get to do it.

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of blame to go around in the Pats loss, but the back-to-back dropped TD/fumble by Gesicki and Hudson were just absolute killers. These dudes are not it. Career practice squad guy, and yet another one year reclamation project. You’d think they would have learned after Irv Smith.

I sure hope they’re planning on getting Erick All involved sooner rather than later.

This kid is a blocking monster. What fantastic blocks he's made in his short career to open up the run game. Love it.
Reply/Quote
Tight Ends indeed.

We are told Bengals are short handed on Defense. Maybe because Bengals carry more Tight Ends than any team I've ever seen.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sold on him yet as a receiving weapon (6.8 avg, 1 full yard less than Sample's bad career 7.8), but certainly seems like he should be at least a blocking replacement for Sample next year.

Would still love to see us try to rescue Pitts from Atlanta (who doesn't seem to want to use him much) and pair him with All next year. If this season keeps going to shit, maybe we can trade off Higgins to a contender and use that pick we get to do it.

Agree with everything you say here TLL. You can only run the routes you are told to run though. Gesicki is the TE that gets the deeper routes.

Also would love to rescue Kyle Pitts, always wanted that guy in stripes and he isn't used right in Atlanta as you say. Would be for trading Tee for 
Pitts or anything that would improve the team. Tee just has that reocurring hammy issue I fear will plague him for the rest of his career.

(Yesterday, 06:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: This kid is a blocking monster. What fantastic blocks he's made in his short career to open up the run game. Love it.

No doubt. Some of All's blocks have had me shaking my head. Dude has fantastic technique and is crazy strong.
Reply/Quote