Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jenkins, Jr.
I have a feeling this is going to be a bad man, and will be a great player for us. Looking forward to him being 100%, getting Jackson, Hill, Rankins and Murphy back.I think this defense is about to turn the corner when we start getting some of these guys on the field.
Reply/Quote
Glimmer of hope with him
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I’ve been happy with our rookies overall. Still waiting on Burton but he’s shown flashes.
Reply/Quote
I was impressed with him and the rest of the defensive line.

It was noticeable how much better they played and how much better it makes our overall defense.
Reply/Quote
Jenkins played well and do did Trey. We still had huge problems losing the edge on the right side (offense running left). Get us Murphy and Jackson back and hopefully this gets fully sealed up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely was good to see him play well. Not sure how much pressure we can create but if we can have a rotation and keep guys fresh maybe that will help. Still need better tackling from our secondary.
Reply/Quote
When will Murphy, Rankin and Jackson be back?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: When will Murphy, Rankin and Jackson be back?

Getting those 3 and Hill back will help a lot but our CBs have been getting torched regardless, especially CTB. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:01 PM)TheFan Wrote: Getting those 3 and Hill back will help a lot but our CBs have been getting torched regardless, especially CTB. 

Well they haven't really been able to play back because they have had to come up and help stop the run. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: When will Murphy, Rankin and Jackson be back?

Not sure on Rankins. But signs are pointing to Hill being back this week some I would assume. Also Murphy and Jackson are eligible to return and Murphy was out longer than expected so I would expect him to go. Jackson seems like he should be good although not sure what to expect from him if he's even active.
Reply/Quote
Another good outing for Jenkins.

PFF scored him as 63.5 overall, which I think was low. Jenkins is a keeper.
Reply/Quote
After yesterday's game, Jenkins NEEDS to be on the field more. I don't know if it's because of the club on his hand or lack of trust, but Jenkins showed he might, IMO, be our best healthy DT. Maybe BJ and Rankins are still better than Jenkins when healthy, but I only saw good things from the kid yesterday and want to see him out there more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was impressed with him and the rest of the defensive line.

It was noticeable how much better they played and how much better it makes our overall defense.

Lol what game did you watch? I don't think they had a pressure or a run stop behind the line of scrimmage other than the goalline stand the entire game. 

As for Jenkins, I can't get a read on him yet. He's looked Ok when he's out there. He reminds me a lot of BJ Hill 2.0 which I'd be cool with. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: Another good outing for Jenkins.

PFF scored him as 63.5 overall, which I think was low. Jenkins is a keeper.

Maybe they gave him a 10 point penalty for the club?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much they will work McKinnley Jackson in if he's ready to go. He was only got like 6 practices in training camp.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Synric Wrote: I wonder how much they will work McKinnley Jackson in if he's ready to go. He was only got like 6 practices in training camp.

Seems so long ago that I can't remember what his injury was.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's very early in the year, but this rookie class seems to be a good one.

You got Mims, who looked really good in his first start at RT.

You got Jenkins, who had a few great plays yesterday (still would like to see more pass rush from such an athletic DT, but he's still developing).

You got Burton, who only has 1 reception but he seems to be mostly a victim of depth at the position. His explosion should serve us well as he gains more experience and trust.

You got All, who looks like a do it all tight end. Outstanding blocker who has helped spring several big runs this season and he has soft hands and is able to get that extra yardage by breaking a tackle as well.

On top of them, we got Newton, McLachlan and Johnson who all looked good in the pre-season and could easily fill out snaps in case of injuries (Mclachlan is usually inactive, so he wouldn't be able to due to an injury in game, but in following weeks for sure).

Jackson should be coming off IR soon, so I am excited to see if he can help sure up the iDL. He has the body of a run stuffer and the mentality of a 1 gapper. We'll see how that translates to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)CJD Wrote: It's very early in the year, but this rookie class seems to be a good one.

You got Mims, who looked really good in his first start at RT.

You got Jenkins, who had a few great plays yesterday (still would like to see more pass rush from such an athletic DT, but he's still developing).

You got Burton, who only has 1 reception but he seems to be mostly a victim of depth at the position. His explosion should serve us well as he gains more experience and trust.

You got All, who looks like a do it all tight end. Outstanding blocker who has helped spring several big runs this season and he has soft hands and is able to get that extra yardage by breaking a tackle as well.

On top of them, we got Newton, McLachlan and Johnson who all looked good in the pre-season and could easily fill out snaps in case of injuries (Mclachlan is usually inactive, so he wouldn't be able to due to an injury in game, but in following weeks for sure).

Jackson should be coming off IR soon, so I am excited to see if he can help sure up the iDL. He has the body of a run stuffer and the mentality of a 1 gapper. We'll see how that translates to the NFL.

I heard that Newton got a few snaps yesterday when Hilton got dinged up. I guess slot corner is where they are thinking Newton's quickest path onto the field is?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
next week will be a big test
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be a bad man, and will be a great player for us. Looking forward to him being 100%, getting Jackson, Hill, Rankins and Murphy  back.I think this defense is about to turn the corner when we start getting some of these guys on the field.

To be doing what he did yesterday with a club is pretty insane. Love this guy. Already a good run stopper and good pass rusher. 

Could be great once the club comes off and he is able to grow without it. Need to see this against the Ravens next week. Time to 
really ratchet up our physicality. Thank God we have Erick All also showing great things and Mims playing decent. Really liking our
rookies including Rehkow if he can keep it up. Burton needs some more snaps IMO even if Yoshi continues to play well. He got a 
little dinged up on that great catch across the middle.
Reply/Quote