Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jordan Battle
It is obvious he's been in the doghouse. Lou spoke about him

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
How bad did he come into camp considering the starters never heard of the term "tackle"
Reply/Quote
Was he not really happy they brought Bell back?
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)sandwedge Wrote: Was he not really happy they brought Bell back?

Think that’s exactly the reason tbh.

You can understand why Lou had him in the doghouse to start the season Vonn was a big part of the team getting to the SB.

It’s not working out though and it’s time to put egos aside and get him on the field.
Reply/Quote
One of the big issues last year with the defense and explosive plays was the lack of communication in the secondary. I can only assume that the communication skills from Vonn tips the scales in his favor even though Battle may have better athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)GodFather Wrote: How bad did he come into camp considering the starters never heard of the term "tackle"

Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote
I don’t buy he wasn’t ready. They handed Bell the job because he’s a vet. Battle looked fine to me in preseason. Had a pick 6 against the Colts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Is he playing on special teams? If he’s not he’s in the doghouse.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Soonerpeace Wrote: Is he playing on special teams? If he’s not he’s in the doghouse.

I don't track that logic. Lou's doghouse isn't the same as Simmons' doghouse.

Carlos Dunlap played ST the year he was clearly in Lou's doghouse. Joe Bachie and Daijahn Anthony have both played more snaps on defense than Jordan Battle this year.

[Image: Jamarr-Chase-Wallpaper-GIF.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe we just don't like Alabama players. Pretty sure I saw Jermaine Burton on the side of a milk carton this morning
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Soonerpeace Wrote: Is he playing on special teams? If he’s not he’s in the doghouse.

If Jordan Battle is on the 53 and dressed on game days he's playing special teams doghouse be damned. Even Vonn Bell and Geno Stone play special teams. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't track that logic. Lou's doghouse isn't the same as Simmons' doghouse.

Carlos Dunlap played ST the year he was clearly in Lou's doghouse. Joe Bachie and Daijahn Anthony have both played more snaps on defense than Jordan Battle this year.

So he is playing special teams? I maintain if he isn’t then he’s in the doghouse.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Soonerpeace Wrote: So he is playing special teams? I maintain if he isn’t then he’s in the doghouse.

He’s played 61% of the ST snaps so far this season.

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s played 61% of the ST snaps so far this season.

Then he may just be in the corner.

Reply/Quote
The Battle situation is definitely a weird one. I know his name was a part of the communication issues last season, but Battle mentioned that he kept quiet mainly out him being a rookie and he didn't want to overstep his role. I just have no idea what has happened since the end of the last season, other than Vonn coming back. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote