Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Carter
I don't understand why we keep parading this guy out there every Sunday, he gives us absolutely nothing in run defense or pass rushing..IMO we have guys that could've helped us better on practice squad,Dominique Davis who goes 6-3 330 would be better plugging the middle than Zac Carter ever was..

I think the Zac Carter experiment should be all but over don't put this guy back on the field period..
Reply/Quote
I think it would have been if not for the Sample injury.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Insane how many d lineman we’ve missed on in the Zac era

We damn near couldn’t miss under Marvin

Even backup guys like Frostee Rucker gave us sack production when absolutely needed.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 02:38 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I don't understand why we keep parading this guy out there every Sunday, he gives us absolutely nothing in run defense or pass rushing..IMO we have guys that could've helped us better on practice squad,Dominique Davis who goes 6-3 330 would be better plugging the middle than Zac Carter ever was..

I think the Zac Carter experiment should be all but over don't put this guy back on the field period..

Completely agree. Kris Jenkins has already shown ten times more than Carter.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 04:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Insane how many d lineman we’ve missed on in the Zac era

Even backup guys like Frostee Rucker gave us sack production when absolutely needed.

Brandon Thompson, Devon Still, Marcus Hardison, and Andrew Brown all were drafted when Marvin was coach and all sucked. The only DT we drafted(besides Geno) in the 20teens  that was successful was Billings.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Brandon Thompson, Devon Still, Marcus Hardison, and Andrew Brown all were drafted when Marvin was coach and all sucked. The only DT we drafted(besides Geno) in the 20teens  that was successful was Billings.

And Billings got good once he left

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Brandon Thompson, Devon Still, Marcus Hardison, and Andrew Brown all were drafted when Marvin was coach and all sucked. The only DT we drafted(besides Geno) in the 20teens  that was successful was Billings.

lets not forget about Peko
Reply/Quote
There's a difference between drafting a DT in the first round and on day 3.

The Bengals don't feel the need to invest in the position in the higher rounds of the draft, for whatever the hell reason.

Carter isn't a bust. He's really bad, but you can't expect to get a ton out of a third round pick.

Draft a DT within the first two round then we will talk. They finally did it with Jenkins and we are at least seeing potential. Hopefully now they realize the importance of using high draft picks to draft interior dl.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 02:38 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I don't understand why we keep parading this guy out there every Sunday, he gives us absolutely nothing in run defense or pass rushing..IMO we have guys that could've helped us better on practice squad,Dominique Davis who goes 6-3 330 would be better plugging the middle than Zac Carter ever was..

Uh, in case you missed it: 

1) Reader & Tupou both left
2) Hill & Rankins both got hurt after game 1
3) Jackson & Jenkins got hurt during camp
4) We were signing DTs off the couch (Guy)

And that is just DT. At DE: 

1) Sample (who flexes inside some) is out for the year. 
2) Murphy has been on IR and has not played.
3) Hubbard has been nursing a hammy. 

Any healthy d-lineman has gotten significant PT.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Uh, in case you missed it: 

1) Reader & Tupou both left
2) Hill & Rankins both got hurt after game 1
3) Jackson & Jenkins got hurt during camp
4) We were signing DTs off the couch (Guy)

And that is just DT. At DE: 

1) Sample (who flexes inside some) is out for the year. 
2) Murphy has been on IR and has not played.
3) Hubbard has been nursing a hammy. 

Any healthy d-lineman has gotten significant PT.
I didn't miss anything if read the thread you clearly see where I said we had other DTs on the practice squad who could've given us more than Carter ie (Dominique Davis) in particular..
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 04:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Insane how many d lineman we’ve missed on in the Zac era

Lou era
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Lou era

lou's seat should be flaming hot right now it's time for the excuses to end..The organization has invested heavily in lou's defense the last 3 years with 1st rnd picks 2nd rd picks third rd picks and he's giving us Zero return on this investment..
Reply/Quote

Brown was fine, he was just buried behind depth and didn't develop.

Thompson was a GREAT bench/rotation DT, still the quickest first step I've ever seen from one of our DTs, but he couldn't be a full-time starter.

The rest are correct: Still didn't do much even before his daughter had cancer, so not sure what didn't translate.

(Yesterday, 06:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: And Billings got good once he left

Billings had the best year of his career with us, TF?

(Yesterday, 06:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: lets not forget about Peko

Peko is one of the top 10 DTs in this team's history, again, TF?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: lets not forget about Peko

He was drafted in 2006!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to all these game reps making our young players better more experienced players later in the season.
Reply/Quote
Our track record with guys who don't really have a set position or we want to shift has not been great.

Carman: OT to G.
Ossai: LB to DE.
Hill: CB to S
Carter: DE to DT

Not that it cannot work out, and Hill is looking OK back at CB, but let's just say I am not a fan of drafting a guy to play a new position.
Reply/Quote
Davis must be really bad not to be activated when we lost Hill and Rankins and everyone else all at the same time.
Reply/Quote

He'll get less and less playing time as the injured DTs come back.
Heck, once two of them come back, we might see Carter released.

I agree, he hasn't shown much through 2.25 seasons.
I thought he'd at least be ok in the pass rush but he hasn't been.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:56 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: lou's seat should be flaming hot right now it's time for the excuses to end..The organization has invested heavily in lou's defense the last 3 years with 1st rnd picks 2nd rd picks third rd picks and he's giving us Zero return on this investment..

I don't know how anyone can "thumbs down" this. I can anyone possibly disagree. The organization has heavily invested in the Defense the last 3 years and we all see what it has got us.

Folks on this board are something else unable to swallow a tough pill. 

Reply/Quote
(3 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: Davis must be really bad not to be activated when we lost Hill and Rankins and everyone else all at the same time.

Right it makes you wonder what the point of having players on the practice squad is if they can't even step in in the most dire situations. 

Some may say the point is for "practice" but if they aren't even good enough to cover a game when 3 starters have went down (forcing the team to sign a 34 year old off the street and play them 3 days later), then are they even good enough to practice against? They clearly aren't being developed. 

Reply/Quote