Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Fire Zac Taylor right now..
(6 hours ago)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Zac inherited a terrible roster and we can consider 2019 and 2020 as throw-away development time but the Bengals have been on a downward trend since the last AFC Championship appearance.  The bottom line is Zac is on track for one of his worst season records.

are we gonna put the Browning season on Zac? Really? Burrow getting injured against baltimore killed that season

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow became the 10th QB in NFL history to post stats of 390+ yards, 5+ TDs, and 75%+ completion percentage.

So disappointing. Not sure if this anecdote goes with "Fire Zac..." but it does make me question Zac's bad play calling before the botched FG.
How many of those QBs lost?
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Zac Taylor: 38-48-1

Now do their playoff records. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)PhilHos Wrote: I'm wondering if Zac is giving Lou until the bye week to fix the defense before replacing him, but I don't know if we can afford to wait until the bye week. 

Maybe so .....but if they can't get one or two stops a game, it's officially over. It's likely over as it stands, but if these bastards can't muster at least one or two stops a game, then forget it. The really didn't even stop Carolina when you think about it. Tipped ball INT. 

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: are we gonna put the Browning season on Zac? Really? Burrow getting injured against baltimore killed that season

Yes. We are. Zac stupidly trotted out an injured Joe Burrow for the first few games of the season before the bad injury against the Ravens.

We have to lose the mindset that if our main quarterback goes down, the season is automatically lost. I used to think that way as well but when I realized that’s Mike Brown’s philosophy I rethought the whole issue.
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: Maybe so .....but if they can't one or two stops a game, it's officially over. It's likely over as it stands, but if these bastards can't muster at least one or two stops a game, then forget it. The really didn't even stop Carolina when you think about it. Tipped ball INT. 

THey did have the goalline stand.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  We are.  Zac stupidly trotted out an injured Joe Burrow for the first few games of the season before the bad injury against the Ravens.

We have to lose the mindset that if our main quarterback goes down, the season is automatically lost. I used to think that way as well but when I realized that’s Mike Brown’s philosophy I rethought the whole issue.

the first few games didnt define the season. Burrow breaking his wrist against baltimore did

they make the playoffs if burrow doesnt break his wrist. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: Maybe so .....but if they can't one or two stops a game, it's officially over. It's likely over as it stands, but if these bastards can't muster at least one or two stops a game, then forget it. The really didn't even stop Carolina when you think about it. Tipped ball INT. 

The two 'big plays' yesterday weren't even their own... the safety was a great punt and then very bad blocking by the Ravens. The fumble was all on Lamar.

I'll credit our guys with 'being there' but the plays were made for them.

Panthers put up 10 pts yesterday, but seemed to have minimal issue moving the ball on us. 
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: THey did have the goalline stand.

I stand corrected.....but it was Carolina. Tongue 

Seriously though, they have GOT to get off the field here and there. That's literally all they have to do with the way the offense is playing. 

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: The two 'big plays' yesterday weren't even their own... the safety was a great punt and then very bad blocking by the Ravens. The fumble was all on Lamar.

I'll credit our guys with 'being there' but the plays were made for them.

Panthers put up 10 pts yesterday, but seemed to have minimal issue moving the ball on us. 

Exactly. In fact, Lamar's fumble only delayed the inevitable. That game was over the minute Joe threw the INT. Rehkow's punt set up the safety like you mentioned. Ravens then had a brain fart on blocking. Hated what happened to Ryan after the way he has punted most of the season and setting up a safety Sunday. 

Reply/Quote
I just saw a moron on social media saying the Bengals should fire Taylor for having a rookie hold the FG. LOL Let's be smarter than that on here.

I say if he doesn't hold the FO's feet to the fire over this defensive meltdown, then he should absolutely should go. Just not over silly shit being said here and there.

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: Exactly. In fact, Lamar's fumble only delayed the inevitable. That game was over the minute Joe threw the INT. Rehkow's punt set up the safety like you mentioned. Ravens then had a brain fart on blocking. Hated what happened to Ryan after the way he has punted most of the season and setting up a safety Sunday. 

It's one of those, I'm not going to be on here slamming the Punter when he's probably the answer to our gap at that position. The dude went into yesterday's game leading the league as a rookie FA... brilliant acquisition.

Yes, his bad on the hold for the FG (the snap wasn't perfect either) and he's owned it. Rehkow has done nothing but boom punts and make plays for us otherwise. I'd far rather slam the defence than him. If those guys could play their position, we aren't talking about OT, let alone bad holds.
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, if Vrabel wants the job I would swap them now. If the defense is still bad, I don't consider it much a loss for the risk is some of this problem Lou's.

I can't imagine anyone being against getting rid of Lou for Vrabel. 

I think, NOW, Zac doesn't have to settle for his 6th choice if he does decide to move on from Lou. He'll have plenty of quality options who WOULD accept the job if offered this time around.

(6 hours ago)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The defense is not talented; they're slow, out of position, missing tackles, taking bad angles, trying to strip the ball instead of bring the man down (in contextual situations), they don't swarm tackle. 

I don't know if it's so much the defense is not talented, but there are a few DCs who could probably get the most of the talent we DO have and make our defense be at least mediocre. 

(6 hours ago)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would have expected the last 5 Lou would have fixed "by now", but then I realize he's not as good as we thought he was.

I just remember the half time adjustments where the defense would seemingly struggle in the 1st half and then after halftime would look almost great-like. That hasn't happened since before last season, IIRC. Yeah, I agree, I just don't think Lou is as good as we all thought.

(6 hours ago)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This organization seemingly has limited accountability from the top, people are paid too much to suck. Fans should get their money back after every loss lol

I think fans should just get money period after every loss (mainly because I can't get any money BACK as i didn't spend money on the Bengals in the first place lol)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)KillerGoose Wrote: Lou can't fix the defense. He doesn't have the talent on that side of the ball. The defensive line is really struggling. No one can win outside of Trey. The safety play has been a huge burden. There is no scheming that can save it. If your pass rushers can't pass rush, what do you do? You need the personnel and Cincinnati doesn't have it. 

I disagree in that I think scheming CAN save it, but I just don't know if Lou has that ability. I mean, don't forget that THIS season we held Mahommes to his worst passing performance of his career (or something like that). 

And by "saving" the defense, I mean just not make it the worst in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: Exactly. In fact, Lamar's fumble only delayed the inevitable. That game was over the minute Joe threw the INT. Rehkow's punt set up the safety like you mentioned. Ravens then had a brain fart on blocking. Hated what happened to Ryan after the way he has punted most of the season and setting up a safety Sunday. 

The Longsnapper didn't do Renkow any favors. The ball was snapped to his right ear. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)lone bengal Wrote: Not sure if it was mentioned just posting quick before work but another coaching blunder by Taylor 3rd and goal and an half inch out and we get a delay of game !? I lost my mind watching this I get you wanted the refs to reset the clock but you need to call a timeout there. Thank god Burrow bailed us out but 2 chances from a half inch out is completely different then getting set back where we did.

Really? You're blaming the Bengals for a reffing blunder? GTFO
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: Maybe so .....but if they can't get one or two stops a game, it's officially over. It's likely over as it stands, but if these bastards can't muster at least one or two stops a game, then forget it. The really didn't even stop Carolina when you think about it. Tipped ball INT. 

Here's where my "making the playoffs" thread comes in. I get that this defense is bad and I think as it stands, even if we make the playoffs, we're going to be one-and-done with this defense. However, every game is not going to be against a team with a good offense or a good rushing offense. I think those games the defense will do just enough (or the opposing offense will be bad enough) that our offense can win without being perfect, though probably still have to score at least 28 ppg every game.

Even with our defense playing like Dashaun Watson at a massage parlor yesterday, we still had a couple of chances to win. I am even more confident we're making the playoffs after yesterday's game, but the defense NEEDS to improve if we want to do more than show up in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)PhilHos Wrote: Really? You're blaming the Bengals for a reffing blunder? GTFO

You take it out of the refs hands by calling a timeout. Once the clock got down nearing zero you need to call timeout. Zac was asking for a reset as the play was happening he wasn’t taken by surprise just burn a timeout its not super complicated.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)PhilHos Wrote: I disagree in that I think scheming CAN save it, but I just don't know if Lou has that ability. I mean, don't forget that THIS season we held Mahommes to his worst passing performance of his career (or something like that). 

And by "saving" the defense, I mean just not make it the worst in the league. 

Mahomes has been underwhelming for the entirety of the season (6 TDs, 5 interceptions, thrown an interception in every game). That offense is having some issues and sputtering along right now. If Murphy ends up working out then it could be a huge boost to the defense but otherwise, no, I don't think scheming can save it. A lot of people will point to scheme as this almost nebulous concept that can fix anything. In reality, it's just putting your players in optimal positions. You still wind up looking back at the talent and this defense just doesn't have it. I don't think that the team is awful, but I do think the defense is awful. This is an eight-ish win team in my mind. 
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)lone bengal Wrote: Not sure if it was mentioned just posting quick before work but another coaching blunder by Taylor 3rd and goal and an half inch out and we get a delay of game !? I lost my mind watching this I get you wanted the refs to reset the clock but you need to call a timeout there. Thank god Burrow bailed us out but 2 chances from a half inch out is completely different then getting set back where we did.

Blaming this on Zac?  Geez....

[Image: Screenshot-2024-10-07-at-11-00-27-AM.png]
Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote