Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles-Bengals time change
If you had tickets to the Eagles game on the 27th, the game now has a 1 PM kickoff instead of the national 4:25 game time slot. For some reason the NFL seems to think the Commanders with Jayden Daniels vs the Bears with Caleb Williams will be a better, more interesting game.

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Likely because they're both major market teams with winning records.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely because they're both major market teams with winning records.

Picks 1 and 2 in this year's draft and both are looking competent or better.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, someone in scheduling screwed this up a long time ago because this game should have always been that slot even before we knew they were decent.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: If you had tickets to the Eagles game on the 27th, the game now has a 1 PM kickoff instead of the national 4:25 game time slot.  For some reason the NFL seems to think the Commanders with Jayden Daniels vs the Bears with Caleb Williams will be a better, more interesting game.

Just as long as the game doesn't start after Burrow's 8pm bedtime. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely because they're both major market teams with winning records.

And exciting new QB’s.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 04:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And exciting new QB’s.

Yeah, that popped into my head right after I posted, but by then someone else had already mentioned it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: If you had tickets to the Eagles game on the 27th, the game now has a 1 PM kickoff instead of the national 4:25 game time slot.  For some reason the NFL seems to think the Commanders with Jayden Daniels vs the Bears with Caleb Williams will be a better, more interesting game.

It is a more appealing game washington and Chicago over achieving , bengals and eagles underachieving 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is a more appealing game washington and Chicago over achieving , bengals and eagles underachieving 

I guess I should have put a sarcasm alert on my last line

Reply/Quote
Fine by me.  I'll take a 1:00 kickoff for every single game.
Reply/Quote
Mo just said on 1530 that by virtue of it being at 1:00 it will reach a larger portion of the country than if it would have remained 4:25. Seems like the opposite would be true but I guess we'll see when the map is posted here.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Mo just said on 1530 that by virtue of it being at 1:00 it will reach a larger portion of the country than if it would have remained 4:25.  Seems like the opposite would be true but I guess we'll see when the map is posted here.

He may be right...the other CBS 1 PM games are Baltimore at Cleveland, NY Jets at New England, and Indy at Houston.  It's a CBS doubleheader day so one of those games will get a wider distribution in the West Coast.  Philly and Cincinnati both have a bigger national presence than the other teams.  Those first 2 games won't go past their usual markets

Reply/Quote