Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trading with SF?
http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967

"Cincinnati & Carolina are in heavy talks with San Francisco, but Carolina's offer of three picks (first, second, third) is currently the best offer San Francisco has for the #2 pick. Word is that Cleveland has asked for time to make a presentation to the 49ers, but if the Carolina deal goes through, it is with the Panthers' intention of taking Fournette. While San Fran has been linked to Solomon Thomas at #2 & he might perchance slide to #8, I am hearing that if still there, Lynch will pounce on McCaffrey. There's a sideline view there, as Payton & the Saints want McCaffrey and with 3 choices in the first two rounds, they could put another package that the 49ers neophyte GM might take. Some in the organization feel that Lynch could trade down even further (after Carolina/NO mess weeds out), as the Pokes are trying to angle up & see if Conley or Melinfowu fall into their laps.

Just the chatter from talking to a San Fran exec this AM"

Don't know anything about the site just happened to see it being reported a couple places here in NC. 

Question is would anyone actually feel good about a trade like this? I mean don't get me wrong I love Fournette but a first, second, and third for him seems like WAY too much, especially in a deep draft at RB.

Anybody actually hoping this happens?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967

"Cincinnati & Carolina are in heavy talks with San Francisco, but Carolina's offer of three picks (first, second, third) is currently the best offer San Francisco has for the #2 pick. Word is that Cleveland has asked for time to make a presentation to the 49ers, but if the Carolina deal goes through, it is with the Panthers' intention of taking Fournette. While San Fran has been linked to Solomon Thomas at #2 & he might perchance slide to #8, I am hearing that if still there, Lynch will pounce on McCaffrey. There's a sideline view there, as Payton & the Saints want McCaffrey and with 3 choices in the first two rounds, they could put another package that the 49ers neophyte GM might take. Some in the organization feel that Lynch could trade down even further (after Carolina/NO mess weeds out), as the Pokes are trying to angle up & see if Conley or Melinfowu fall into their laps.

Don't know anything about the site just happened to see it being reported a couple places here in NC. 

Question is would anyone actually feel good about a trade like this? I mean don't get me wrong I love Fournette but a first, second, and third for him seems like WAY too much, especially in a deep draft at RB.

Michael Scott said it best: No! No! Nooooooooo! Please, God, Nooooooooo!

I could not see the Bengals doing this at all. I could see them trading back into the first for Mixon at a lower price, but no way going up that high for Fournette. No.... way.

I could also see SanFran floating this out there to drive up Carolina's price. A 1st, 2nd, 3rd? HELLLLLL NO. Kijana taught us all of those picks are just an injury away from being wasted.
Reply/Quote

smoke screen
ˈsmōkˌskrēn/
noun
noun: smokescreen
a cloud of smoke created to conceal military operations.
a ruse designed to disguise someone's real intentions or activities.
"he tried to create a smokescreen by quibbling about the statistics"

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

smoke screen
ˈsmōkˌskrēn/
noun
noun: smokescreen
a cloud of smoke created to conceal military operations.
a ruse designed to disguise someone's real intentions or activities.
"he tried to create a smokescreen by quibbling about the statistics"

Yea here's hoping. Would love Fournette but not at that price.
Reply/Quote
Talk to our good friend Hue Jackson and if there is any truth to them thinking of taking QB #1 overall; I'd do it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hope those trades go through without involving us. I hope that paves the way for Mixon in 2 and Allen, Thomas or Howard in 1. Get o line in 3. Another edge rusher in 4 and we're off....
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Talk to our good friend Hue Jackson and if there is any truth to them thinking of taking QB #1 overall; I'd do it.

I'm like 50% on board with you.
Reply/Quote
I would be pissed if we gave up our 2nd and 3rd. That is where tge meat of this draft is.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't say Bengals trading to 2 for Fournette. Says that's what Carolina wants the pick for. The Bengals could be targeting Thomas or hoping the Browns screw up and take Mitch #1 and Garrett would be right there for the Bengals to take at 2.
Reply/Quote
If we throw away a 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder to move up 7 picks I will be SO pissed.
Reply/Quote
I'd do it for Myles Garrett if the browns pass up on him, but not for anyone else
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'd do it for Myles Garrett if the browns pass up on him, but not for anyone else

Warren Sapp's comments on Garrett make a ton of sense to me.

Over half of his sacks (4.5 out of 8.5) in 2016 came in one game against UT San Antonio of all people. Besides that, he made, as Sapp pointed out, about 4 total plays a game. Double teamed or not, that's not THAT impressive.

The year before was similar. 3.5 out of around 8 sacks came against the titan known as... Nevada. Not a ton of tackles for him, either.

I'm not sure Garrett turns out to be this can't miss badass. Sapp has some good observations on him.
Reply/Quote
I have to imagine if Carolina offered 8, a 2nd and a 3rd that the 49ers would kiss their lucky stars and move on down to 8. That's quite a haul given the dearth of premium prospects.
Reply/Quote
The only reason I'd trade up is for Myles Garrett.

If not... Forget it.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I would take McCaffrey at 9. He is going to be one of the top players out of this draft. Agree that he's similar to Bernard but he's a much better wide receiver than what the Bengals have already other than AJ Green. McCaffrey is a multi-threat and he would add unpredictability to the offense.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'd do it for Myles Garrett if the browns pass up on him, but not for anyone else

Same here.  I ordinarily don't like that rich of a trade, but plugging in a truly elite defender takes that side to another level.  They could still deal AJM for a 2nd and late 4th and end up with a nice class as a whole.  Sweetest part is Garrest would slay Brownie QBS for passing on him.
Reply/Quote
I can already see the rookie injury. Not that it would matter, even if healthy what the heck is he going to behind this offensive line that is so very suspect?

So yeah, I don't want this. I'm not sure why the team does. I'm not against trading up -- we have almost too many draft picks and I'd rather they focus on fewer players but wow don't pay a mint for a guy who isn't gonna make a difference.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967

I think that's too much to give up. I would be fine with Kamara or dare I say Mixon in the 2nd. The only way I see Mike Brown giving the green light to make a move like that is if we somehow already have a trade in the works with AJM.

I need to pay attention to the news here. You say your in NC? I'm in Charlotte. I have DTV rigged to receive Cincinnati local channels.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:53 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope those trades go through without involving us.  I hope that paves the way for Mixon in 2 and Allen, Thomas or Howard in 1.  Get o line in 3.  Another edge rusher in 4 and we're off....

I can't agree more, would definitely be the ideal scenario for us.
Reply/Quote
Garrett could be the next Vernon Gholsten.

The whole draft is a crap shoot. The best chance to get a good [player is to draft a lot of players. it is more important to have more picks than to move up a few slots.
Reply/Quote