Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
(09-08-2015, 02:29 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: People over-rate our players.  

No doubt.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:29 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: People over-rate our players.

Except for certain Dalton homers who underrate everyone on the Bengals but him and then overrate everyone everyone else in the AFC North and then underrate everyone else on every team that isn't in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
Had to wait all morning to post about this! Stupid School haha.

First off, there were two different predictions by different analysts, but both were a slight on Dalton.

The first one says Dalton will have more TDs than Manning. The writer obviously did this as a slight to Manning tho. It was a "Manning will throw less TD's then *insert media abused QB* this year lolololol ha ha ha we are sooo funny.". I saw someone comment "Ya Andy will have 40 Tds but 29 INTS, while Manning will have 39 TDS and 12 INTS.". This made me laugh, Dalton throws picks, but he isn't a pick machine. Has he even surpassed 20 ints in a season? Maybe once, I don't remember. If it wasn't for the occasional 4 int game, Daltons ints wouldn't even be that high. His terrible games look his overall game look worse than it is. I don't think Dalton will get 40 TDs this year, but when did this become the benchmark of mediocrity? These analysts have lost it if you ask me.

Secondly, the McCarron prediction. This prediction, and this whole notion of McCarron taking the job is sickening at this point. I watched the video of the analysis and the guy said that McCarron threw "3 passes I have never see Andy Dalton make" which is the most bogus bullshit I have ever heard. McCarron looked good, but it was nothing Dalton hasn't done before. These guys act as if Dalton can throw the curl and the fade and that's it. SMH.

Both were shots at the Bengals, as these analysts on "around the NFL" like to do, and I can't wait for Dalton to have <40 TDs, get to the AFCC in 2015 and start in 2016. In fact, if Dalton looked like complete shit on the way to a superbowl victory, that may even be more satisfying.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't care who the starter was.  There are two competent backs here, and combined, they missed three whole games.

Your statement is false in saying that Green missed "Almost half of the year".  He played in 13 of the 16 games, and left early in two of them.  This is not "almost half".

The playoff game?  I can get behind people saying that this team was handicapped talent-wise.  The entire year?  No.  Green, Sanu, Gresham, Bernard, and Hill are better than what most teams have.

I am not sure how anyone can argue our top 3 WR's, our top 2 TE's and top WR's were injured a lot in 2014. In fact, they played 60 of a possible 119 games or only close to 50%. This is Green, Sanu, Jones, Eifert, Gresham, Hill and Bernard. It is generous for Hill as he barely saw the ball in 6 games, but I gave him credit for all 17.

In the playoffs, we had Sanu, Hill and Bernard only so we were missing 4 of these guys or over 50% of our offense weapons.

Why would anyone not see this as a major issue for any offense or any NFL QB to be missing the guys they worked with in some cases for years or at a minimum in OTA's and training camps thus were a huge part of their offensive scheme?

Again, this is not like a player or 2 missed a few games, we had massive injury issues with our offensive skill guys in 2014. No excuse, but cold hard facts.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't care who the starter was.  There are two competent backs here, and combined, they missed three whole games.

Your statement is false in saying that Green missed "Almost half of the year".  He played in 13 of the 16 games, and left early in two of them.  This is not "almost half".

The playoff game?  I can get behind people saying that this team was handicapped talent-wise.  The entire year?  No.  Green, Sanu, Gresham, Bernard, and Hill are better than what most teams have.

how many of those 16 games was green 100%? 2 or 3?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In the playoffs, we had Sanu, Hill and Bernard only so we were missing 4 of these guys or over 50% of our offense weapons.

Hill also got hurt in the first half of the playoff game, and the Colts have Gio's number. Sanu was figured out by defenses by week 11.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:47 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Lmao you guys have the nerve to talk about no weapons for Dalton but then say he has outperformed Cam. Cam is head & shoulders above Dalton and literally has had barely any weapons around him. Has won in the playoffs and can single handedly put a team on his shoulders and win. You guys should know, he single handedly was the reason they tied us last year. I would put everything I own that not one GM would take Dalton over Cam. Some of you Dalton homers amaze me.

(09-08-2015, 12:05 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Were you typing with a straight face when you said cam has had the same amount of weapons? For some reason I believe the past 3 seasons, there has been a consensus around the NFL that the Bengals have one of the most talented and deepest rosters. I have never once heard that about the Panthers. Cam elevates his team to wins, the Bengals win despite Dalton.

Dude thank you so much for tearing these Dalton excusers apart. Of course Cam Newton is better than Andy Dalton! If you can't see why then you must watch football with goggles on that makes you see things about Andy in a better light. 

As far as AJM taking over, sure its just a slight by the media at Dalton but it shows that people are growing increasingly tired of the letdowns. He does have a contract where he is betting on himself but, you must realize that is true only if the GM and Coach are willing to move on from him. With AJM nipping at his toes Dalton is under pressure this season to perform. I don't know about you but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't want to bet on Dalton under any kind of pressure at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure how anyone can argue our top 3 WR's, our top 2 TE's and top WR's were injured a lot in 2014. In fact, they played 60 of a possible 119 games or only close to 50%. This is Green, Sanu, Jones, Eifert, Gresham, Hill and Bernard. It is generous for Hill as he barely saw the ball in 6 games, but I gave him credit for all 17.

In the playoffs, we had Sanu, Hill and Bernard only so we were missing 4 of these guys or over 50% of our offense weapons.

Why would anyone not see this as a major issue for any offense or any NFL QB to be missing the guys they worked with in some cases for years or at a minimum in OTA's and training camps thus were a huge part of their offensive scheme?

Again, this is not like a player or 2 missed a few games, we had massive injury issues with our offensive skill guys in 2014. No excuse, but cold hard facts.

Plus Hill effectively left the playoff game right around halftime.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:28 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Dude thank you so much for tearing these Dalton excusers apart. Of course Cam Newton is better than Andy Dalton! If you can't see why then you must watch football with goggles on that makes you see things about Andy in a better light. 

As far as AJM taking over, sure its just a slight by the media at Dalton but it shows that people are growing increasingly tired of the letdowns. He does have a contract where he is betting on himself but, you must realize that is true only if the GM and Coach are willing to move on from him. With AJM nipping at his toes Dalton is under pressure this season to perform. I don't know about you but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't want to bet on Dalton under any kind of pressure at all.

Pressure of the moment or pressure from being pressured by the defense? Or in your scenario, the pressure of keeping the starting QB job in Cincinnati?

There is all kinds of pressure situations an NFL QB is faced with. AD has done well under pressure leading his team from behind to win games in the 4th quarter so he has already passed that pressure.

He like most QB's has not performed well under defensive pressure, but I would venture to say most do not perform well under intense pressure. AJ just fumbled 2 times in a pre-season game so he did not do well either.

AD does need to work on calming himself down when the lights are on as I see him throw high when he seems to jacked up. He needs to fix it.

So, I guess I would say I see with some minuses and some pluses displayed over his 4 year career dealing with different types of pressure.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Plus Hill effectively left the playoff game right around halftime.

Yeah, I forgot our bruising RB option left so in essence, we had 2.5 of the 7 starters playing the second half of the Indy game.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Steve Smith has been a good WR. You can't blame him for not doing very well when he was in Carolina, because his QB can only throw for 3300 yards. Just look at how much better Smith looked when he had a new QB. Look how much better Lafell looks with another QB. That right there should tell you everything you need to know. Who has Dalton had other than Green? Dalton only had a run game last year, so the run games have been about the same. This year we have better receivers, but it's not like it's been like this every year.

Remember who you're dealing with here - he can't bring himself to look at things objectively. Otherwise he would have seen that Scam up until last year had 2 good WRs, 2 quality TEs and 2 good RBs plus a good OL. And in Scam's case these weren't players who were rookies like him they were experienced NFL caliber players. Last year Scam for the first time had less than a full cast and even then he had Kelvin Benjamin bailing him out on his constant off target throws.

Meanwhile we did not even have a consistent run game until the second half of last season. We've also struggled finding a real WR to compliment Green and when Eifert got hurt last season along with Marvin (and Green and Gresham) we basically had no real ability to use our TE in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember who you're dealing with here - he can't bring himself to look at things objectively. Otherwise he would have seen that Scam up until last year had 2 good WRs, 2 quality TEs and 2 good RBs plus a good OL. And in Scam's case these weren't players who were rookies like him they were experienced NFL caliber players. Last year Scam for the first time had less than a full cast and even then he had Kelvin Benjamin bailing him out on his constant off target throws.

Meanwhile we did not even have a consistent run game until the second half of last season. We've also struggled finding a real WR to compliment Green and when Eifert got hurt last season along with Marvin (and Green and Gresham) we basically had no real ability to use our TE in the passing game.

Most of Dalton's talent has less experience than he does and he's only been here 4 seasons.  It's mostly unproven talent.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:28 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Dude thank you so much for tearing these Dalton excusers apart. Of course Cam Newton is better than Andy Dalton! If you can't see why then you must watch football with goggles on that makes you see things about Andy in a better light. 

In all fairness, I'm not sure how much Andy Dalton you have actually watched. Your name is BayouBengal with a picture of AJM. Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are about equal to be honest. You must be wearing the "oh he is big and fast" glasses, making Cam look good, because he isn't the bees knees either.

2014 Cam Newton  - 58.5% completion, 3,127 yards, 18TDs and 12INTS.. a 82.1 rating
2014 Andy Dalton - 64.2% completion, 3,398 yards, 19TDS, and 17INTS... 83.5 rating.

To say these guys are anything but similar is stupid, so how is Cam head and shoulders above Dalton? Was that mysterious offseason car wreck with Cam the difference? His pouty face on the sideline really gets you going?

P.S. cam "elevated" his team to a 7-8-1 record in the worst divison in football..........
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah, I forgot our bruising RB option left so in essence, we had 2.5 of the 7 starters playing the second half of the Indy game.

only good that came out of that game was we found out what we had in Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:09 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Most of Dalton's talent has less experience than he does and he's only been here 4 seasons.  It's mostly unproven talent.  

Nah man we have the deepest and most talented roster in the league thats why they have all been to the probowls and havent missed any games ever... Experience means nothing.

Please note this is dripping with sacrasm.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No doubt.

We're always good "on paper"

We should always have amazing weapons "on paper"

Shame the games aren't played on paper. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We're always good "on paper"

We should always have amazing weapons "on paper"

Shame the games aren't played on paper. 

I know I will be bashed, but I do believe our offensive skill players have the potential to be very good, but only if they can stay healthy. The paper blows away when these guys are in the whirlpool and not practicing or playing games. Last year was brutal for the skill group, let's hope we have a Steeler's type 2014 for this group so we can see what they and our QB can do once and for all.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure how anyone can argue our top 3 WR's, our top 2 TE's and top WR's were injured a lot in 2014. In fact, they played 60 of a possible 119 games or only close to 50%. This is Green, Sanu, Jones, Eifert, Gresham, Hill and Bernard. It is generous for Hill as he barely saw the ball in 6 games, but I gave him credit for all 17.

I'm not arguing against the fact that the Bengals had a lot of injuries last season.  Losing Eifert and Jones is a big deal, no doubt.  I just don't think that having Green, Sanu, Gresham, Hill, and Bernard play most of the season puts you at a huge disadvantage.  That is more talent than what a good deal of teams have. 

As I've said, the playoff game is a different story, and no one should have expected them to win with Rex Burkhead as their #2 receiver, but for most of the year, they were not completely destroyed by injuries, contrary to popular belief.

The team had massive injuries with Jones and Eifert, a moderate injury to Green, and small nothings with Sanu, Gresham, Hill, and Bernard.  Good teams survive a few injuries, as the Bengals did.....but saying that this is the prime reason that Dalton struggled is silly, especially considering the healthy guys that he had in 2014 is more than he had in 2011 or 2012, when he performed better.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm not arguing against the fact that the Bengals had a lot of injuries last season.  Losing Eifert and Jones is a big deal, no doubt.  I just don't think that having Green, Sanu, Gresham, Hill, and Bernard play most of the season puts you at a huge disadvantage.  That is more talent than what a good deal of teams have. 

As I've said, the playoff game is a different story, and no one should have expected them to win with Rex Burkhead as their #2 receiver, but for most of the year, they were not completely destroyed by injuries, contrary to popular belief.

The team had massive injuries with Jones and Eifert, a moderate injury to Green, and small nothings with Sanu, Gresham, Hill, and Bernard.  Good teams survive a few injuries, as the Bengals did.....but saying that this is the prime reason that Dalton struggled is silly, especially considering the healthy guys that he had in 2014 is more than he had in 2011 or 2012, when he performed better.

The thing is most teams have more talent than Green, Sanu, Gresham, Hill, and Bernard on offense. I would take a TON of receivers over Sanu, and Gresham. Bernard makes a couple of flashy plays, but he's more of a role player. Green (who was out a lot last year), and Hill (who wasn't the starter until week 9) were the only "stars" that we had on offense last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: only good that came out of that game was we found out what we had in Burkhead.

I agree ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote