Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021
(03-26-2021, 03:00 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I can't say we're in improved by a large margin.  They've added some nice pieces but I personally dont think Hendrickson replacing Lawson is that big of an upgrade...we've improved in the defensive back field.  The defense still lacks depth and needs help on the DL.  The LB are young and definitely needs more depth as well.  Any injuries to this defensive group the way it is now and we'll be looking at the defense like we did last year.  I think the biggest obsticle is Lou coaching the defense but we'll have to wait and see on that.  

On offense we've add Reiff, and Pollack.  You can't rely on bringing in Sewell and starting him at RT and he instantly be an upgrade.  I mean Jonah has played 10 games in 2 years and he's still trying to get a grasp of the NFL game.  He's an average OL right now at this point in his career going into year 3.   

Personally, I don't think we're going to draft Sewell.  I think the organization has belief in Pollack and that he can turn a pile of crap into an average line.   I'll see it when i believe it. 

Player wise I can say I believe we have improved by a large margin. But agree in coaching besides of course Pollack and Hobby.

Also agree that they won't take Sewell now with the Dolphin's trade, think we will take Chase and be looking at OL and DL the 
next few rounds. There are lots of good OL to be had after the first, always are and we have been bad picking OL in the first 
round anyways and Sewell is no sure thing as you note.

XSF and Spain should be much improved with an entire Offseason in Pollack's scheme. We might not be that bad off. One thing
is if we did take Sewell at 5 he would be expected to start as a rookie and we wouldn't even know if he is better than Jonah or 
Reiff honestly. If Jonah is healthy he plays very good from what I have seen, by far our best OL. Reiff fits our wide zone blocking
scheme and is a solid veteran. If we do take Sewell he would be the LT pretty damn sure, rookie on Burrow's blind side isn't ideal
in my eyes regardless of the prospect.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-26-2021, 03:12 PM