Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021
(03-26-2021, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A lot to unpack here, but...

1) You're right, PFF does not 100% know what a player's assignment always is. They are using an educated guess (just like fans).
2) You say the eye test is superior but bash PFF's assessment even though PFF literally watches game film to make their assessments? They are literally doing what you say to do...using their eyes.
3) They have enough staff that they are watching every player on every play using All 22 film and stopping and restarting the play over and over to assess. Are you going to that level?

That's why I hold PFF's assessment higher than most fans. They watch (way) more than we do.

Yup. I don't watch nearly as much as they do but i watch a hell of a lot more than the average fan and while i don't hold their grades up as indisputable, i question them rarely. I don't give 2 shits what others feel about them because the vast majority of the time they (fans) don't know what the hell they're talking about. Yeah, "eye test". Uhhhhh, helloooooooooo, that's what PFF does and they don't just have one guy watching film from each game. It's watched by 2 different people and if there's a dispute with the grades, a third person watches and the majority (2 out of 3) is what is used. 

As far as people claiming, 'how can they know what they're supposed to do?'. Once again, uhhhhh,helloooooooo, they're not supposed to know what they're supposed to do. You know what they do know? That LG just ran straight ahead and attempted to block the MIKE and whiffed on him. It's not rocket surgery* to discern what a player is attempting to do and you DON'T need to know what they're SUPPOSED to do, because they're not grading on that. They're grading on what the player ATTEMPTS to do. 

So go right ahead, doubting debbies*, and continue to poopoo what they're doing because they're doing a hell of a lot more than you are and they're trying to HELP YOU evaluate players and how they perform. 

* = yes, i did that on purpose.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021 - rfaulk34 - 03-26-2021, 11:51 PM