Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021
I think those who watched Alexander came away he was better than the stats show. This is from ESPN article about he signing with Vikes again,

"Alexander's advanced metrics were in the middle of the pack among others who primarily play slot cornerback. According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Alexander had a 68.4 completion percentage when he was the nearest defender, which was 2% worse than expected. He also had a 45.6% coverage success rate, which was just under the league average for qualifying slot cornerbacks."

Based on these stats, It appears Hilton may be a huge upgrade in the slot. It is yet to be seen if Waynes is a wash, upgrade or downgrade versus Jackson in 2021.

I also think based on pure stats, the DT we signed along with a healthy Reader is also a clear upgrade in the middle of the DL if factor in poor year Atkins had in 2020.

I am not sure what we do at WR to replace Green, but again based on 2020 (not AJ in his prime), we should be able to upgrade AJ's wide receiver position.

So in the end, after FA and then adding in the draft, adding Burrow playing 17 games (hopefully), we are a much improved team.
I still wish we would trade for Ertz to team with Uzomah and Sample and Schreck. I think he is a complete TE that would help Burrow and the running game also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021 - Luvnit2 - 03-27-2021, 10:42 AM