Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals FA Plan - What was it, was it good?
(03-29-2021, 03:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don't know about that. I would put that in the category of wait-n-see. Both have plus and minus, so I would call that swap a wash at best.

I have Hendrickson ahead of Lawson on paper. One of them was all-pro last year and it wasn't Lawson. People don't like that Hendrickson "came out of nowhere" last year, but when you take a deeper look, his ascension was directly tied to snaps and finding the correct playing weight (quote from Sean Payton himself).

Plus you just can't overstate the importance of health when it comes to these players on big contracts. One thing we've been consistently hurt by during this 5 year run of losing, is players on big contracts that are sidelined with injuries. Geno and AJ Green come to mind.

Lawson's injury history is bad, and his production really isn't better, either. So I really don't get all the handwringing over replacing him with an all-pro who stays healthy (knock on wood).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals FA Plan - What was it, was it good? - Shake n Blake - 03-29-2021, 04:51 PM