Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals FA Plan - What was it, was it good?
(03-29-2021, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IMO I don’t think we had a chance of keeping Lawson even if we wanted to. He saw the way we handled one of his mentors and franchise greats at his position, why would he come back here if he could make the same money elsewhere?

As for WJ3, I don’t think he fit the scheme. Now, becoming dedicated to a scheme of a coach who will most likely be gone halfway thru the season is dumb, but if they are committed, Jackson didn’t fit the zone heavy coverage.

One thing I liked about the free agency was the goal of improved depth on the secondary. It’s something we desperately need, but it certainly wasn’t priority 1 or even priority 2. It’s a bit of a head scratcher but I get what they were going for. No more Webb or Sims running out there will be nice.

Should’ve put some more money into the OL and possibly another edge rusher (still time for that). Too many holes to fill in one offseason, but they kept the ship afloat so to speak while addressing defensive depth.

Personally, i think they've done okay.  There is no way in hell their fixing every hole this team has in free agency.  This team has missed on too many draft picks in the past 6 years and stuck with the veterans way too long.  

If they don't add anyone else to this team with the exception of the draft picks and maybe a few free agent pick ups for depth then I'd give them a C- for a grade.  Maybe a D because I only think they upgrades in the secondary personally. 

My question is this team a 5-12 teams or a 9-8 team?  I'm guessing probably closer to 5-12 because they're only 9-8 IF this team stays healthy.  If we lose players to injury they dont have enough depth to over it and I see 4-13 or 5-12. 

I'm hoping for 9-8 because that means we don't have to go through a coaching change again.  However, if this team finished 4-13 or 5-12 then I do think Zac Taylor and his staff will be fired and a new staff brought in and start over again. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals FA Plan - What was it, was it good? - TJ528 - 03-29-2021, 05:21 PM