Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can We Make A Run With This O-Line
(01-03-2022, 08:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our OL isnt horrible, but they're not good either. I think if it wasn't for Burrow's pocket presence, it could be a lot worse. I think that was Andy's problem too. I just don't think he had it. Plus, if you compare the two, Burrow extends plays and Andy chucked it out of bounds too quickly. Andy wasn't bad but he had a ceiling that was a little low.

(01-03-2022, 09:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yessir, I'd say you're spot on there. By the time 2019 rolled around, 14 was completely shell shocked behind this line, and I really don't blame him. Remember, we STARTED Ced Ole' at T. That was borderline criminal negligence. 

There were MANY times last year Burrow didn't have time to even get to his first read. That at least has improved. I really think you said it best with your first sentence Dog.

Can you guys remember when we were all just hoping, begging for just an "average" OL?  We now have an average OL, and look what a franchise QB has been able to accomplish behind them.  People can say that "coaching doesn't matter much" or whatever, but the truth is that most of the faces on the OL are the same, the difference is that Coach Pollack has been able to get a little development and production out of them.  

I'm going to be the first to go out on a limb here and say that the OL will be as better next year compared to this year, as they are this year compared to last, with Frank Pollack leading the group.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Make A Run With This O-Line - SunsetBengal - 01-03-2022, 09:09 PM