Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-12-2022, 12:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think people want this when they narrow in on wanting to be right about their opinion. I like the subjectivity of hot takes in sports and having the impromptu discussions with friends or you fine people on this forum about which players are best. I appreciate both the statistical takes and the emotional views people bring to such debate.

What your post reveals though, which is good to make note of, is that it is hard to bring objectivity to subjective conversations.

Random, but I like when you post stats and also make an effort to explain your argument. I think too many posters just post a random stat with a mic drop thinking they enlightened the Bengals community. You actually know how to develop your opinions with support. Props to you dude.

The subjectivity definitely makes it fun. I tend to be more numbers oriented and enjoy trying to find an objective answer to some of the common debates that us fans have but sometimes just going all in without any data biases is really fun as well. The whole thing about sports is that they are supposed to be fun. If everything was black and white all of the time, it wouldn't be as enjoyable.

And thanks man, I really appreciate that. I try to make sure my opinions are guided by something concrete and if they're not, always open to correction. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - KillerGoose - 01-12-2022, 12:49 PM