Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring
(02-22-2022, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No more than you are trying really hard to think everything is rosy when it isn't.

We have $49 million in cap space.  We could create another $10 by cutting Waynes.  That is $59 million to replace 6 starters plus 2 key rotation guys that played almost 50% of the snaps (Hill, Topuo) plus our punter and long snapper, plus our top 3 gunners on special teams, plus a safety that played 25% of the snaps.

A lot of those will be small contracts, but they all add up.  And considering many people around here called Reiff's $7.5 million contract "cheap" I think it will be difficult to resign all our players plus make the big additions many people want.

Where did you come up with 49 million? I thought closer to 60 million. You do a lot of research but appears when you discuss cap you have not broadened your depth. Look at 32 teams cap space and their own free agents they need to sign.
You will find we have top 5 cap space. a late round draft (less money needed on 2022 draft class) and are not in bad shape with our core. Take a look at the Saints who don't even have a QB or Rams with weak draft position to sign Miller, Corbett and others yet I expect they will creatively find a way to make it work after going all in in 2021.

So many ways to creatively manage the cap when for now we have a franchise QB paid a lot less than Waynes. We have the money to build a great team if they make the right choices. Cap in future will rise due to 17 game schedule so time to quit worrying about carrying over cap money ans spend it now. Time to go all in
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring - Luvnit2 - 02-22-2022, 06:37 PM