Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athletic … Mailbag Part 2
(06-29-2022, 01:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yeah having both units in the top 5 is just nigh on impossible.

Having the offense finish in top 5 which I believe is realistic. And having the D just come in at 15 perhaps a touch higher is still gonna be a hell of a team.

With the revamped OL, Burrow and these weapons staying reasonably healthy we could be the best Offense in the NFL this
season. #1 running game is my bet with Cappa, Karras and La'el Collins making some big holes for Mixon, Evans and Perine.

Call me a homer.

The Defense will benefit if the running game is decent as they will be fresh. Injuries are the only thing that could hold this team 
back in my opinion. Our depth is really the only question, I think we could be a top 5 Offense and a top 10 Defense if we stay 
healthy. I think I am a bit higher on our Defense than most, I loved how they came around in the Playoffs and they are good at 
stopping the run and brought back BJ Hill which is bigger than some might acknowledge. Great run stopper along with DJ who 
got healthy last season.

DJ Reader completely blew up the Titans in the Divisional round and with Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai and company we can 
get after the passer once we stop the run. We will see, but I don't find both being top 5 as impossible. Top 10 D anyways I 
could find likely with Lou finally having his personnel in place and the young players growing into what they do best in Lou's
system.

Nice thread BTW Soonerpeace.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic … Mailbag Part 2 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-29-2022, 03:08 PM