Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see people say Zac is a bad OC/playcaller but good HC...
The biggest thing Zac has done is a massive culture shift. So far, in all of the bad seasons, the players don't seem to be turning on each other. They play together, they play with heart, they're humble. I don't think Zac "made" them that way, I think it's the guys he's stressed they bring into the org. That kind of cohesiveness is hard to find and hard to form. It's the reason they were able to bounce back last year and make the SB run after the 2 seasons prior. It's the reason I fully expect them to get up for the game this Sunday.

I've had my gripes with Zac since the beginning as a HC who lets hubris get in the way, and won't let others who are better than him make the play calls and build the offensive scheme. I think he's got too much on his plate as a HC to do both jobs well. Plus, he's dug himself into a hole by not being able to make a change during the offseason at OC with any ease since he's playing two roles. Again, hubris. I think that's been his undoing since he's been with the team.

But you can't deny that this team is vastly different in mentality and morale since he joined the org, and I think it's just as important to highlight his positive contributions as it is to look at areas for improvement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I see people say Zac is a bad OC/playcaller but good HC... - MileHighGrowler - 11-02-2022, 11:11 AM