Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation
(02-17-2023, 06:57 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Everything I've read agrees with Synrics assessment. Weak punches and what not. I'll have to look into more but as of right now, he's a no go for me.

Just curious where you have "read" these things. Yeah he has things to continue to improve and technique to work on as does every single draft prospect. PFF has him graded as their #3 OT prospect and his pressures allowed rank right up there with Skoronski and Parris Johnson. Drafttek has him at #4, Draftbuzz has him at #4, CBS has him at #3, ESPN has him at #3...so consistently he is grading out inside the top 4 OT prospects in the draft.

When you read their assessments words like excellent are used when talking about his pass blocking skills. Here is a quote from one source...
Quote:"Anton Harrison is an impressive athletic left tackle prospect who has displayed excellent pass-protection skills over the past three years as a Sooner. We currently rate him as the number two ranked pass protector in the draft (after Peter Skoronski)" https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Anton-Harrison-OL-Oklahoma

To the issue stated of weak punches...this is from NFL.com:

Quote:Strengths
  • Hands remain punch-ready in protection.
  • Patient not to overset or overextend at the top of the rush.
  • Fires his hands with some pepper on them.

I have also posted film above and would encourage you to check it out as well. The K State game was by far his worst of the film I have found.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation - OSUfan - 02-18-2023, 11:54 AM